Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Share your cookie recipes!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 59,426 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 3, 2020 - 3:16 am

Ingredients may be harder to come by closer to the holiday season this year, and I plan on getting all of mine purchased this month - so I have to decide on what cookies I will be making.

So, I thought we would kick off this thread early and share our recipes with each other so we can all have our game plans and grocery lists ready. :)

Share your cookie recipes and let's have some fun.

20201003041448x250x187.jpg

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#2 Suzy Crampton  OFFLINE  

Suzy Crampton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 3, 2020 - 4:26 pm

I never thought about ingredients being hard to get. Now you've got me thinking too!

Suzy Chapstick:)

#3 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 3, 2020 - 4:50 pm

Oh good idea to think ahead. I already have some of the Betty Crocker pouch cookie mix, sugar and chocolate chip, as I bought some during the early summer thinking while I was home I'd be all baking-motherly and makes lots of cookies. Yeah... I also still have ingredients for Nestlé Tollhouse cookies. So we'll have those simple cookies for sure.

My major dessert I make is buckeyes. I have a couple bags of powdered sugar already, but better grab some more in case.

And something I made a couple years ago and ended up being a big hit with the youngest was cool whip cookies. So those are now a must. He doesn't eat buckeyes, so this gives him another thing to eat.

That's probably enough. But I actually have a surplus of flour (Kroger: all purpose flour isn't the same as bread flour!), so I should try and find one more thing that requires that. Maybe spritz cookies.

Edited by bluebear, Oct 3, 2020 - 4:51 pm.

#4 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,631 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 5, 2020 - 7:58 am

The only cookies I make are basic sugar cookies with buttercream icing.  I make several chocolate candies (peanut clusters, turtles, cordial cherries, peanut butter cups, peanut butter crunch, billionaires).  I have started buying the ingredients. I order the chocolate and caramel, so that came in last week. I need about 12 more bags of powdered sugar, and a few more things.  

Here's my cookie recipe:

RsWTJXt.jpg

uTz3trp.jpgLDFInsQ.jpg

#5 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,908 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 6, 2020 - 5:22 am

Oh I always love this form. My family always thinks I came up with a special recipe but when I tell them it was from a friend they always think I am being modest. I truly be like....IT IS NOT MINE, but have to say I do love the attention. So come on down with MY NEW recipe. 

#6 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 15, 2020 - 2:18 pm

I always make these for one of my best friends. He loves them. Not really holiday cookies specifically, but he gets a full batch to himself in his Christmas box every year.

I juice & zest the lemon myself, so about as truly from scratch as it gets.

Edits I’ve made to recipe as written:
- Double the amount called for of lemon juice & lemon zest
- I roll them in granulated sugar instead of powdered for some sparkle. (I’ve been known to mix yellow sugar crystals with the plain white sugar as well)

https://www.food.com...-cookies-473806

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#7 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,287 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 16, 2020 - 6:53 am

I'm kinda bummed, most likely will not be baking cookies this year since we still are not going into the office, and everyone is still hesitant about sharing food from non-close family members.

GO BRUINS!

#8 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,974 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2020 - 7:18 am

Y'all can send all the cookies to me. I'm not hesitant. :sidesplit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users