It's coming quick! What's your Black Friday budget for this year?

magickallight

No expert here but what I do is have my iPad running the apps and on my laptop running the ncrave videos under watch. Make sure you run the ones that auto run. They will run continuously. Also I do some surveys but not a lot.

Also if you get your daily goal every day at the beginning of the following month you get a bonus.

If anyone wants to try this out and don’t already have an account message me and I can send you a link that once you make so much we both get extra I believe.

Great..... Thats what I am talking about....I love Free 

• Like 1

My gift budget is $650. Normally I spend about $100 on Black Friday itself (depending on what’s on the wish lists) but this year I’m hoping to get all of my shopping done the week of BF. I’ve been saving my credit card rewards for the holidays all year so that will help but I’m definitely going to have to check out swagbucks.

As far as a budget this year, sadly we just spent what I would normally spend on siding for the house. So, I have no idea what I can spend this year yet.  But, we have waited 5 years for siding (because of other necessary projects).  I am so happy to not have housewrap!! Good thing I've been collecting for the 2nd annual saran wrap ball :) Plus, I've already bought the granddaughter several gifts on clearance throughout the year.

All this talk about swagbucks, I have to look it up!!! Is there a special thread for members who do this that I can read?

As far as a budget this year, sadly we just spent what I would normally spend on siding for the house. So, I have no idea what I can spend this year yet.  But, we have waited 5 years for siding (because of other necessary projects).  I am so happy to not have housewrap!! Good thing I've been collecting for the 2nd annual saran wrap ball :) Plus, I've already bought the granddaughter several gifts on clearance throughout the year.

All this talk about swagbucks, I have to look it up!!! Is there a special thread for members who do this that I can read?

I am all for starting one but I am a newbie as well to swagbucks 

• Like 1

I've been using Swagbucks for 8 or 9 years.  In that time, I've earned 199,400 "swagbucks". The "value" of the buck has gone up and down a little over the years, but right now each buck is worth .01 if you buy Amazon cards (which is all I buy), so that's almost $2000 free money they've given me.   I am not as devoted as a lot of users, so if you really get into it you can earn a lot.  I do all my internet through Swagbucks searches (example: I don't type gottadeal dot com, I search GottaDeal). I watch for what they call SwagCodes, which are just extra bucks. Most of my bucks come from shopping, and that's mostly for work. The company I order all of our office supplies through offers Swagbucks. Sometimes it's 2 SB/dollar, sometimes it's all the way up to 8 or 10. And some of those orders are rather large.  You can also make Swagbucks by watching videos, answering surveys, and other activities.

Here's the deal on the shopping though.  You can't use Swagbucks AND support Gottadeal.  The office supply company I use is not affiliated with GottaDEAL.  'Tis better to go through GD to get to stores you know are affiliated. The Swagbucks aren't worth that much :)

• Like 4

I've been using Swagbucks for 8 or 9 years.  In that time, I've earned 199,400 "swagbucks". The "value" of the buck has gone up and down a little over the years, but right now each buck is worth .01 if you buy Amazon cards (which is all I buy), so that's almost $2000 free money they've given me.   I am not as devoted as a lot of users, so if you really get into it you can earn a lot.  I do all my internet through Swagbucks searches (example: I don't type gottadeal dot com, I search GottaDeal). I watch for what they call SwagCodes, which are just extra bucks. Most of my bucks come from shopping, and that's mostly for work. The company I order all of our office supplies through offers Swagbucks. Sometimes it's 2 SB/dollar, sometimes it's all the way up to 8 or 10. And some of those orders are rather large.  You can also make Swagbucks by watching videos, answering surveys, and other activities.

Here's the deal on the shopping though.  You can't use Swagbucks AND support Gottadeal.  The office supply company I use is not affiliated with GottaDEAL.  'Tis better to go through GD to get to stores you know are affiliated. The Swagbucks aren't worth that much :)

Good too know! Thank you.  I googled them, but have not had time to read into it.

No expert here but what I do is have my iPad running the apps and on my laptop running the ncrave videos under watch. Make sure you run the ones that auto run. They will run continuously. Also I do some surveys but not a lot.

Also if you get your daily goal every day at the beginning of the following month you get a bonus.

If anyone wants to try this out and don’t already have an account message me and I can send you a link that once you make so much we both get extra I believe.

So I am enrolled in swagbucks...so the savings for next year has begun

What is swagbucks?  How does it work? What do I need to do?  :)

My budget is about $2000, give or take a few hundred. I am not including food and decorations in that; that’s for gifts only. I’d add another $300-400 on food and decor; the amount of totes I have with Christmas decorations is getting out of hand.
  • Like 4

no big Christmas gifts this year at my house.  Taking my kids and their partners to San Juan for a few days next month.  They don't know it yet - but I'm picking up the tab for the AirBnB - so that is their Christmas gift this year.  Making family memories is more important to us instead of things .. especially now that my kids are adults!

• Like 9

I've not done Swagbucks, but maybe I'll add it to my list for next year. Currently I do MyPoints and Bing Rewards, and have $35 ready to redeem in MyPoints, and about $40 for Bing. I'll most likely get Amazon for both, or maybe Target on one. I'll wait a few more weeks before redeeming for them, or I'll spend it in something else I'm sure!

I just do the simple bare minimum in MyPoints, I don't watch the nCrave videos, and very rarely answer surveys. I also do mot of my shopping here through Gotta Deal, as BoPeep mentioned above. And lately I've also gotten lazy with Bing, and just do my daily tasks there and not complete my searches.

Edited by bluebear

Probably around $1k this year. This is lower than normal for us. No "big ticket" items we want this year and we don't have any kids...we buy for our immediate family and I am usually able to make very nice gift bags for them for a low cost. (For example: this year the females will be getting a "the big one" throw from Kohls and bath and body works lotion and shower gel)

Well.......The tow truck just left with my car AGAIN........BUDGET...WHAT BUDGET....

Prayers! Car troubles are the worst!!

• Like 1

Guess what?! I just found out tonight that there is no college tuition payment due in November! Last year's school was July-Oct, then Nov-Feb, so no break in payments. This new school is Dec-Mar. Yay! So that's another $1k I can spend (not that I plan to, but I don't have to stress or worry now). Yay!!
  • Like 4

Guess what?! I just found out tonight that there is no college tuition payment due in November! Last year's school was July-Oct, then Nov-Feb, so no break in payments. This new school is Dec-Mar. Yay! So that's another $1k I can spend (not that I plan to, but I don't have to stress or worry now). Yay!!

That's an early Christmas present. Or you could just pay in advance or start an emergency fund or what the heck go crazy and do something for yourself. 

• Like 3

Last year we did a big trip instead of a lot of presents. My family of home bodies didn't love it. But, this extra could pay for a couple days of something simple, right? :)

And emergency fund... Hmmm, that's an idea too. Too tempting at Christmas time to spend that though! (no self control here)

• Like 1

Last year we did a big trip instead of a lot of presents. My family of home bodies didn't love it. But, this extra could pay for a couple days of something simple, right? :)

And emergency fund... Hmmm, that's an idea too. Too tempting at Christmas time to spend that though! (no self control here)

My brother and I did that for the family one year. We got a cabin in Pigeon Forge and everyone went up. We waited until late spring to go and did Dollywood. They didn't like it at Christmas time but loved it while we were there. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well - I shattered my front tooth Friday night and had a temporary cap put on it on Monday - There went $1000! (And the permanent cap won't be in until the week after Thanksgiving and I am on a soft diet until I get it!) Then, we found out our hot water heater was not only leaking but sparks were coming out of it! - Goodbye another $1200! It has been a VERY expensive week. :(  Glad 3/4 of my shopping is done - that may be the extent of it this year unless I am visited by 3-ghosts - and they are all bringing me money! :2dollar:

• 3 weeks later...
My budget ended up changing quite a bit. My husband’s half of the family decided that adults won’t be exchanging gifts this year, we are just doing something for kids. As there is only 1 kid so far that makes things super easy and way cheaper. I took some of the gift budget and ended up buying some new clothes for me for the holidays (I’ve lost 40 pounds but can’t quite get back into my old skinny clothes yet so I’ve had a very limited wardrobe for a while now). It was nice to do something for myself and not feel too guilty about it.
  • Like 3