Amazon increasing Prime subscription cost

Brad

Quite a jump in price there. Will still keep mine but I'm sure there is going to be a large portion of people who will be very upset about this.

I honestly don't know if it's worth it. Maybe for the Prime Videos, but not for the shipping. Amazon is my last resort for shopping.

• Like 1

I honestly don't know if it's worth it. Maybe for the Prime Videos, but not for the shipping. Amazon is my last resort for shopping.

We MORE than make up for it with all the shipping, I use Amazon a for a lot of things. I price shop and if it's cheaper I end up getting it there.

I love my Amazon Prime, and it does pay for itself for now. Eventually they're going to increase it one $20 too far.

No doubt about that. Much more of it and we will rethink ours also.

I saw this.......Not sure if I understand the reasoning behind this as there profits are astronomical already. But if there is a demand and people are willing to pay for it then they will get it and once we set the standard there is no going  back....look at the cost of gas....

• Like 1

Not sure I will keep my Prime. If the non-prime free shipping threshold stays at $25 I think I will be ok without Prime. So many times my packages are turned over to USPS which means at minimum 1 day beyond the 2-day shipping you’re supposed to get. I don’t watch enough of the Prime videos to miss that. Thought I would but so far I haven’t.
  • Like 2

Not sure I will keep my Prime. If the non-prime free shipping threshold stays at $25 I think I will be ok without Prime. So many times my packages are turned over to USPS which means at minimum 1 day beyond the 2-day shipping you’re supposed to get. I don’t watch enough of the Prime videos to miss that. Thought I would but so far I haven’t.

I've noticed my packages being turned over to USPS and being delivered a day beyond their 2-day shipping as well...at this point I find myself looking on Amazon first to see if I can find something I like, like a specific color shoe for an event or a shirt I might like to wear for a dinner date, but no big items that would warrant me keeping my prime going for those months I don't buy anything...I can honestly say I don't use my prime every month for purchases or videos, so I'm losing money...

• Like 1

Not sure if it'll be worth it anymore. As some have stated, it's now coming through USPS and it's not within the 2 day shipping time.

If you complain they will comp you a free day or two of prime. Complain enough and they might do something about it.

I use many of the other “free” services that come with prime that makes it cost worthy

Free new kindle book monthly a $4.99 value

The free shipping does come in handy when I do find a deal.

My DD loves it because I can pre-order new video games at 20% off

At $12 per game the savings is nice

Prime music and movies is great too

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I use many of the other “free” services that come with prime that makes it cost worthy

Free new kindle book monthly a $4.99 value

The free shipping does come in handy when I do find a deal.

My DD loves it because I can pre-order new video games at 20% off

At $12 per game the savings is nice

Prime music and movies is great too

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Yeah, I'd never be able to afford to rebuild my music library if I lost Prime, but for now the shipping alone saves me enough to make it worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

YAYYYY for those of us with Prime and shops at Whole Foods, they've expanded their prime discount in store to more states effective yesterday! It started in Florida and is now in 12 states! Log in to the whole foods app with your Amazon account.

For those of you interested on how being a Prime member and shopping at Whole Foods works:

1. Download the Whole Foods App. 

2. Sign in with your Amazon log in and password.

3. It will generate a QR code for you to present to the cashier to scan for your discounts.

4. You get an extra 10% on anything on "sale" or anything that is price marked with a yellow tag in store. So this week, 90/10 ground beef was on sale for 4.99/lb, so I got another 50 cents off.

5. They also have special "prime member only" sales each week. For example, this week I was able to get Back to Nature crackers for 2/$5.00. Other sales I had this week - organic raspberries for 2.50, 365 Everyday Sparkling water BOGO Free at 3.99, and tail-on white shrimp, 31/40 ct for 12.99/pound (compared to 19.99/pound.)

Everyone had new blue prime aprons in the checkout, and they had someone walking around asking if you were a prime member, if you had the WF app, and how to sign up.

A dollar here and there per week does make up for the $20 increase, IF you are a regular shopper at Whole Foods.

• Like 1