GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

I have 3 they are in each bedroom and are loud

Just make sure you program each one with a different name or you will talk to one and all 3 respond

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I didn't know you could set up different names, either...I have a friend with a daughter Alexa, and every time they are at her sister's house, they have to call her daughter Lex, to avoid Alexa turning on, lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GottaDEAL mobile app

I got to use the pickup tower at Walmart for the first time today, and that thing is awesome! Normally you have to go all the way to the back of the store and hope someone is around in layaway to help you, then they spend 15 minutes in the back digging for your purchase. With this tower, you just scan the barcode from your pickup notification email, and the tower moves your package down to a window that opens up and you take your box. Like it literally took all of 15 seconds! Loved it! It’s almost as awesome as the cupcake ATM at Sprinkles in Chicago. Almost!
  • Like 3

I got to use the pickup tower at Walmart for the first time today, and that thing is awesome! Normally you have to go all the way to the back of the store and hope someone is around in layaway to help you, then they spend 15 minutes in the back digging for your purchase. With this tower, you just scan the barcode from your pickup notification email, and the tower moves your package down to a window that opens up and you take your box. Like it literally took all of 15 seconds! Loved it! It’s almost as awesome as the cupcake ATM at Sprinkles in Chicago. Almost!

Seriously??? I have a pick up tonight, I'll have to see if we have one. Thanks for the tip!
  • Like 1

Happy December, and Happy Friday!

Today is the day to start your Advent calendar! Mine is a necklace and bracelet set, where I open a new charm every day.

Yesterday I got my wrapping station set up, so today I will start wrapping. I have probably less than 10 presents left to buy, hooray! And only 3 people not started at all (out of 20). Best I've ever done I think!

• Like 1

Hoping to finish off my shopping today.  Kohl's will be the death of me this year. :)

same here!!!  I just spent my $15 Kohl's Cash from Black Friday shopping and earned another $15 on what I bought.  Plus I got my usual $10 promotional gift for my birthday this month!  LOL.  I'm running out of things to buy from there but I certainly am not letting $25 go to waste.  :)

• Like 2

same here!!!  I just spent my $15 Kohl's Cash from Black Friday shopping and earned another $15 on what I bought.  Plus I got my usual $10 promotional gift for my birthday this month!  LOL.  I'm running out of things to buy from there but I certainly am not letting $25 go to waste.  :)

My birthday is this month as well but I only got a $5.00 birthday promo gift! However it sounds like you may be a hardcore Kohl’s shopper whereas I’m a casual Kohl’s shopper. :)

My birthday is this month as well but I only got a $5.00 birthday promo gift! However it sounds like you may be a hardcore Kohl’s shopper whereas I’m a casual Kohl’s shopper. :)

odd.. my birthday is this month , and i didnt get any. and i shop a LOT at kohl's.. i did get $65. in yes points to spend this month though...

That sounds really neat. I haven't seen that at our walmart yet but I'm going to keep checking.

Hmm I figured the pickup towers would be in a lot of Walmarts. They put it in when they remodeled the store a while back. It’s really big and tall, almost reaches the ceiling, like a bright orange color, and right up by the registers in front. I hope they become more prevalent because they are super handy!

Merry Christmas everyone.  We had a robust conversation about home automation in the BF Discussions which touched on some of the uses of some of the Amazon Echo devices.  I have been smitten with the Amazon show.  More important, my MOTHER has been smitten by the show.  My mother is nearly 80 years old and has managed to avoid technology for nearly a century.  I have installed computers which boot to social media.  I disguised a tablet as an electronic picture frame which jumped into social media at a touch of the screen.  To date, I have had no success at all.

A few months back, I invited my mother to dinner.  She sat at the kitchen table as I prepared the meal and became curiouser and curiouser as I went about my business setting timers, asking for quantity conversions, and adding things to my grocery list.  Then I asked Alexa to play a radio station and she had to ask what this thing was.  

Since then, Alexa has added calling and 'drop in' features and, after using these myself, I have decided to put a show in my mother's kitchen.  I was very fortunate to get one from QVC for $155 the week of BF (which included a smart outlet and a couple free subscriptions).  Now I am compiling a list of 'skills' my mother might find useful.  I'll laminate the list and tuck it under the show.  Here is what I have so far.  Please feel free to add suggestions as a reply to this message or via PM...

Communication...

• Alexa call [name of echo device]
  • Alexa answer
  • Alexa ignore
  • Alexa hangup

Timers

• Alexa set a timer for ten minutes
  • Alexa set a turkey timer for 90 minutes
  • Alexa show timers 
  • Alexa how much time is left on my turkey timer
  • Alexa cancel my turkey timer
  • Alexa stop

Alarms

• Alexa set an alarm for 5:45pm
  • Alexa cancel alarm
  • Alexa set an alarm for 6:00am weekdays
  • Alexa cancel weekdays alarm at 6:00am
  • Alexa set an alarm for 10:00am weekends
  • Alexa cancel weekends alarm at 10:00am
  • Alexa set an alarm for everyday at 9:00am
  • Alexa cancel alarm for everyday at 8:00am
  • Alexa show alarms
  • Alexa stop

Kitchen Help

• Alexa how many teaspoons in a table spoon
  • Alexa show me a recipe for hard boiled eggs

Music

• Alexa play my Christmas list
  • Alexa play my 50s list
  • Alexa shuffle
  • Alexa turn off shuffle
  • Alexa play [call letters of radio station]
  • Alexa louder
  • Alexa softer
  • Alexa stop

Useful

• Alexa what is the weather for today
  • Alexa what is the seven day forecast
  • Alexa what time is it
  • Alexa what day of the week does Christmas fall on
  • Alexa how many days until Jan. 20, 2021
  • Alexa what is the phone number for Home Depot

Fun

• Alexa what happened on this day
  • Alexa whose birthday is it
  • Alexa what is in the news
  • Alexa tell me about [anything]
  • Alexa show photos

Merry Christmas!

You can say, "Alexa tell me a joke" and she will.

Near the Superbowl you could say tell me a "Patriot burn" and she would say one.

The bad thing is anybody can add to your grocery list! Kids added 500 pillows, 14 pounds of sugar, things like that lol

Happy December 1st... does anyone else buy too much on Black Friday? You know, just in case you might need it? I now have 3 air fryers, 2 printers, 2 Pioneer Woman gadget sets and the list goes on. Might return a couple things today. ;-)

I know the feeling bought DD a Apple watch 2nd series for her bday. She doesn't want it now!! I told my husband maybe I'll keep it and just give her the money.

Do the echo dots have the same functionality as the echo? I just can't understand why anyone would spend extra on the echo, if the dots do exactly the same thing...

I have a dot and love it, might get another.

I have 3 they are in each bedroom and are loud

Just make sure you program each one with a different name or you will talk to one and all 3 respond

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I only have one, but thinking of getting another....If they are all named the same and I tell them to play spotify will it be like surround sound?

I have to say by November this thread is going to be long!!! We are gonna have to come in here daily just to keep up with the reading, or it will be like a book.

Edited by Kash
  • Like 2

I have to say by November this thread is going to be long!!! We are gonna have to come in here daily just to keep up with the reading, or it will be like a book.

I might randomly post giveaways in here throughout the year - first "club member" to see this post and send me a PM gets an Amazon GC or something, just to keep everyone coming beyond the 1st of each month :P

• Like 8

Happy December, and Happy Friday!

Today is the day to start your Advent calendar! Mine is a necklace and bracelet set, where I open a new charm every day.

Yesterday I got my wrapping station set up, so today I will start wrapping. I have probably less than 10 presents left to buy, hooray! And only 3 people not started at all (out of 20). Best I've ever done I think!

I tell myself every year to purchase myself an advent of some kind, but never do! Next year it is a must! They sound like so much fun!

• Like 1

Walmart pickup tower: Lord I wish one of my two stores in town would get one! They want you to use the app to check-in so your order will be ready when you get there but 9 times out of 10 there is not one person in the area. I have to push the button to call for help and there I stand until someone decides to show up. So dang aggravating. I will however give the store props for my layaway pickup yesterday, but mostly it was because I got lucky and someone else was there ahead of me picking up an order. All in all it took less than 10 minutes to make the final payment and get my box out to me.

Adevent calendar: mine is a replica of the one we had as children. Handmade banner and everyday I snap on a different ornament.

Walmart pickup tower: Lord I wish one of my two stores in town would get one! They want you to use the app to check-in so your order will be ready when you get there but 9 times out of 10 there is not one person in the area. I have to push the button to call for help and there I stand until someone decides to show up. So dang aggravating. I will however give the store props for my layaway pickup yesterday, but mostly it was because I got lucky and someone else was there ahead of me picking up an order. All in all it took less than 10 minutes to make the final payment and get my box out to me.

Adevent calendar: mine is a replica of the one we had as children. Handmade banner and everyday I snap on a different ornament.

THIS is our Walmart, too...in fact, I was totally pissed the last time, because I checked in, was the only one there, and then very quickly, a line built up about 4 more parties deep. So when they FINALLY started bringing orders out, they were about the fourth down on the list, and I told the girl that I'd been waiting longer than everyone else there, and her reply was, "I'm just picking them in the order they're coming up on my device," and I told her she needed to go in the order they are on THE PICKUP SCREEN. I was hot, because I already DESPISE Walmart as it is, and try to avoid buying anything that I might have to potentially return, because they have the WORST return lines of ANY I've ever shopped in, which I totally don't understand, either...I HATE Walmart, and I do everything in my power to avoid setting foot in their stores for anything...