How Long Does It Take You to Wrap Gifts?

bfaddict1977

• 3 weeks later...
I am super close to being done shopping and wrapping. I am a slow wrapper and like to do it while watching a Christmas movie. I have been going to my parents house (since the house is empty) and wrapping there. If I can figure out what to get my oldest DS it would help!!

I haven't started yet. In about 2 weeks after my son's birthday I will start wrapping. I wrap about 75-100 presents, it takes me a long time. This year isn't as bad, my oldest aren't getting as many presents as their younger brother since they are grown and wanted expensive stuff. I buy my paper after christmas usually at shopko and get it pretty cheap. . I used 10 rolls last year.

I start wrapping on BF. This year, I had help. DD wanted to help wrap so badly. I wrapped the items that didn't need gift boxes myself. Then, I put everything else in a gift box and had her help me wrap them. It took me 5 hours to wrap the non-gift boxes, and 2 hours, with DD's help, to wrap the gift boxes. Still have our 4 "adopted" kids to wrap for, some more presents for DD, and a few for my mother. That will take me another 6 hours at the least. DD will help me again.

I've used 10 so far. Just bought 4 more:) lol And I have to tackle the newest pile on the basement. It's going to stink:( I have more rolling in over the next weeks too.

Please post a picture of your tree once you get everything under it (and to the sides, back, and front). lol

I sometimes (ok almost always) sweet talk hubby into wrapping the awkward shaped gifts! Lol.

I do this too lol!

I don't mind wrapping just don't expect too much:P It doesn't help that I'm incapable of cutting in a straight line, I guess it doesn't help that I can never tell if this are hung straight either. Which is the paper with lines marked on the inside? I may try getting some of that on sale/after season clearance and see if it helps.

I can't cut in a straight line either! It drives DH crazy how I wrap presents, I never measure and sometimes have to cut more paper because its not a big enough piece. He on the other hand drives me crazy too! He gets out the tape measure and his wrapping looks like a professional did it. Yeah, it looks nice but its going to get ripped off in 2 seconds flat so who cares?? :tongue1: We rarely wrap presents together lol

I've probably got 100 rolls of paper in my spare room, I buy it during the days after Christmas when its like 90% off.

I don't know how long it takes me, but I usually save it all for Christmas eve and it takes forever. I don't like doing it in advance because I forget what I have bought and wrapped but this year I have already started wrapping. Anything that goes under the tree has to be in another box or something though in case one of our naughty kittens unwraps it. I do keep a spreadsheet of my purchases but sometimes forget to update it and then find a bag or box that I have to wrap last minute.

I have wrapped about 5 gifts each day for the last week, I numbered all of mine and then put who they are for next to the number (new system for me this year hope it works) and I wanted to see how many gifts I actually wrap. Maybe I'll regret that I am already at 32 and haven't even done my kids yet and I know they have a ton! I have more coming in the mail tomorrow, can't wait and I have a lot more in the basement but can't do that because the kids are always home, and my dd3 doesn't nap anymore so hoping that tomorrow I can get dh to take her for a while or keep her downstaires so I can finally get going on the kids gifts! I don't think that I have ever been up late on Christmas eve wrapping, maybe once but thats it I like having it all done ahead of time we have too much going on Christmas eve!

Done!

....at least as done as I can be for now. I still need to get - and wrap - a few small gifts. I even have the christmas morning stuff all sorted, unpackaged, and divided into small bags! All together it took about 9 hours to wrap about 60 gifts.

I've never been (almost) done this early, but I'm loving it! Maybe I'll actually sleep the week of Christmas this year, unless I let baking keep me up...

I am usually wrapping till way up in the morning on Christmas Eve too but I am done now except for the few gifts that have just came in the mail this week. Its such a relief since I am also done shopping. I can enjoy the season this year for the first time ever.

I've wrapped around 40 so far and it's taken about 6 hours,but I am mostly done for the kids.

I let the older kids help wrap ones to grandparents,hubby,etc.

I figure I have at most,2 more hours left to wrap

PLUS

I have all the stocking stuff in bags ready to go into the stockings Christmas Eve!

I'm hoping to have EVERYTHING done by the time the kids get out of school on Tues/Weds. :)