When are you lining up at Target this year to try and get the 32 inch TV?

Cremer83

well i am off work for the week so i really don have to much else to do, i hope no one else is out there either and i will prob go out weds sometime... i would rather not be first in line, cause the media is big about that around here and i dont want cameras all in my face. but camping out is so much fun, we always do parking lot football games in the middle of the night

doesanyone know if target hands out vouchers like best buy?

I think it depends on the Target. All of the Targets around us don't give out tickets but I've heard some people on this boards say that their Target gives out tickets. Call your Target the week of BF and ask how they intend on distributing the TVs and doorbusters and they will let you know if they are doing tickets or first come first serve sort of thing.

Last year, Sam's opened at 5, and Target opened at 6. We waited at Sam's, did our checkout, and then down the road to Target. Waited outside for 20-30 minutes before they opened, and was able to get the TV.

They were located in one of the "big aisles" on the perimeter (between men's clothes and seasonal).

I'm a bit concerned now - I *don't* want the TV, but Target is going to be my first stop...worried there'll be super-long lines and general chaos because of everyone going for the TV.

I am thinkin that to, I really hope my target passes out vouchers or some kinda of flyers to prevent chaos

That is something that we plan on getting also. They have them as regular stock in the store and the ad doesnt say anything about no rainchecks. So I am guessing they should have plenty or you can get a raincheck for one. We dont plan on getting in line until about 4:30 but our Target is one of many in the area and we always seem to get what we came for. I have also seen similar camcorders around the same price on other ads.

doesanyone know if target hands out vouchers like best buy?

My Target, about an hour before opening, went around and asked if you were there for a doorbuster and handed you a ticket for the item that you wanted. Hopefully they will do that again, but as someone posted above, it might be a good idea to call the week of BF and find out how your particular store is handling it.

I wanted to add too that our store was brand new last year so maybe that's the reason they did the ticket thing. The manager mentioned that he was a seasoned BF vet so again, that may have something to do with it as well.

at my Target there are 2 entrances because it is a Super Target - and they are pretty far apart. I'd love to see how they would pull off a ticket system since I'm sure the employees won't get there before the line starts.

Mine is also a SuperTarget. The only entrance that opened was on the grocery side. That worked out well for me because last year I was after toys and it was a straight shot from the grocery area. They had things scattered throughout the store. They handed out maps so you would know where everything was.

This year i think im getting there at midnight. I'm going for the nikon camera, ipod touch and some more little things. It kinda works out great for me since where i live has two targets, it splits up the number of people. i remember before the super target opened the other target was so packed out. It was so small had only about 12 registers, the wait was horrible. Our super target has two entrances as well and last year they opened the one on the retail part of the store. Ive never gone to target first so i'm hoping my target passes out maps and does a ticket system.(if anyone knows and shops it brandon fl let me know!)

-Any one know anything about this camera?Target seems to be the only place on earth to find it. I really wanted to see more of it then the front side.

That is something that we plan on getting also. They have them as regular stock in the store and the ad doesnt say anything about no rainchecks. So I am guessing they should have plenty or you can get a raincheck for one. We dont plan on getting in line until about 4:30 but our Target is one of many in the area and we always seem to get what we came for. I have also seen similar camcorders around the same price on other ads.

Thank you! I didn't even notice that it didn't say "no rainchecks"....good call! :yup: Maybe they will offer rainchecks then if they run out.

I haven't even looked at these in-store - I will see if they have them when I go today. My Target is always busy - so I imagine it will be crazy on Black Friday. Maybe I'll drive to one further away that I know won't be as busy.

at my Target there are 2 entrances because it is a Super Target - and they are pretty far apart. I'd love to see how they would pull off a ticket system since I'm sure the employees won't get there before the line starts.

I know atleast for when the Wii was being released, my local Super Target had a sign on the door saying that this is where the line starts. It eliminated the guessing.

My husband will be getting to target at 2-3am...last year he got there at 4-5am and was really far back. I dont want the tv but really NEED that dual screen portable dvd player...hopefully they will have a bunch of those. I will be at kmart at 3am..so hopefully betwen both we will get everything we want =)

Just an FYI...I went to Target at 12 noon and still got the dual DVD players last year. Target was in another town from where we started BF, it was the last one, but we still got it.