Target opening at 5am this year? See Post #53

Brad

I was in Target yesterday and overheard the workers discussing BF and how much they were going to have to set up(so much stuff), of course they got quiet when they realized I was behind them. I was so hoping to hear some really good information. They were also discussing how they were opening up earlier on BF this year, but they did not mention the time.

I only went to Target once at opening during BF, and it was a madhouse. I got the two things I wanted and was out in a flash, but I've never seen a store that packed. Earlier opening times might help since it will make people choose. Depending on the stock on hand, it might not matter since Target has two day deals as opposed to doorbusters.

hubby works for target he showed me the paper showing the hours

Starting on november 23 they are staying open till 11 pm. On black friday they are opening at 5 am - 11 pm then from november 28- dec 13th the hours are 8 am- 11 pm except on sundays the hours are 8 am -10 pm

Then on Dec 14th - Dec 23 the hours are 8 am to 12 am

Christmas eve 7 am -7 pm

I'm thinking that Target might shake it up a bit this year and not do their usual 2-day ad and offer doorbusters this year.

A lot more goes into it than just deciding to do the deals. Their software may not even be able to do a system wide change of prices at noon, etc. I just dont think they would do it. They did just do a major software upgrade this summer at Target though that made things run better internally, so who knows.

Our store is only open till 10. If there gonna be open at 5 this year, this really stinks. Now I will have 3 stores that open at 5 making it harder to get what I want. Hmmmm maybe Shopko will open at 4. That be nice cause then I could go there. Hit Walmart at 5 then Target.

Wasn't there a time when Target opened at 7 for BF then moved it to 6?

Hmmm... I had been planning on TRU at midnight (assuming those rumors are true!), WM at 5, Target at 6. If they both open at 5, I guess it'll just come down to the ad...

My Target seems pretty laid back on BF. I've never had a problem getting exactly what I want... but now that I think of it, I'm not sure if I've ever been after the "hot" Target items.

It's been rumored that if you spend $100 or more on BF at Target, you'll get a $10 GC. I guess we'll wait and see if it's true.

It is true. I happened to be at Target tonight and the employee ringing me up had left out an employee FAQ about Black Friday. So of course I casually read it without her noticing. :)

From 5am - noon (so yes they are opening at 5am) any customer that spends $100 will get a $10 gift card.

My Target's hours have been 8 am to 11 pm I believe since the end of August, so the holiday hours won't change anything for me. With them opening at 5 on BF though that throws a wrench in things, I don't know where we'll hit first.

Our store is only open till 10. If there gonna be open at 5 this year, this really stinks. Now I will have 3 stores that open at 5 making it harder to get what I want. Hmmmm maybe Shopko will open at 4. That be nice cause then I could go there. Hit Walmart at 5 then Target.

Wasn't there a time when Target opened at 7 for BF then moved it to 6?

I remember many years ago, Target opened at 7 because I hit Kaybee toys at 5, then Kmart at 6, then Target at 7. It used to work out perfectly and they were all on the same 4 corners. Now, Kaybee is gone, kmart is gone, Meijer has arrived (yeah!) and Target is still there.

Last year I bought what I wanted from Walmart.com at 3 am Central Time...Then left the house and headed to the city for the stores. Had the items shipped to the store for free and I think it was there within 10 days. So worth not having to deal with the Walmart Crowd and I got what was in the ad. Will be doing again this year.

Woot Target may just be the place for me this year and that makes me a happy girl cause I will be able to take my time bf hit Sam's for breakfast then head over to Target for my price matching and adjustments.

We always go to Target anyways but it may have to be our first stop this year.

Hmm...I am in the St. Louis Area and three of the stores in my area are open only until 10:00pm. I was told that they are going to be passing out hot chocolate and coffee to customers waiting in line, and yes, they are opening at 5 am this year.

Our store did this last year...they passed out Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate. They were very well organized. I'll definitely be there again this year...if the ad is what I hope it will be of course. :)

Just wondering...If you see something that you really want from one of the stores, will they offer it online at midnight? So maybe you can get something from one store online, Walmart offers free shipping to their store, and then go to another one. Just a suggestion... Not even sure if you can buy online at midnight or if you have to wait until 5 online too.

Just wondering...If you see something that you really want from one of the stores, will they offer it online at midnight? So maybe you can get something from one store online, Walmart offers free shipping to their store, and then go to another one. Just a suggestion... Not even sure if you can buy online at midnight or if you have to wait until 5 online too.

I have found that not everything on the wal-mart website has site to store free shipping...tried to buy some clothes recently and that was not an option.

It's been rumored that if you spend $100 or more on BF at Target, you'll get a $10 GC. I guess we'll wait and see if it's true.

I hope this is true. I spend 100 there anyways, plus I am hoping they have a good bundle for the Wii and also a tv. We could rack up a nice bonus.

Yep! Spoke to my friend today that works at Target-she confirmed they are opening at 5am on Black Friday. I asked her about the BF ad and she said it is supposed to be in the store on Friday-hopefully we'll see it posted this next weekend.