Target opening at 5am this year? See Post #53

Brad

got this e-mail through the site, so take it for what it's worth...

I do not have the sale ad, but I have confirmed with multiple Target employees that they will be opening at 5 am this year. This is the first time they have done this. They usually open at 6 am. So, I thought you might find it a hot tidbit. I am pretty sure you could get confirmation from anyone at Target. Locally in LA they have started having several stores stay open until 11pm on a daily basis as their normal hours, which means they will be open until 12am that night. The employees are none too thrilled....

Edited by bigjimslade
updated title

I posted this on another thread, but I always do Walmart later. The ones in our area, unless it is a tv, laptop, i.e. hot ticket item, they always have tons of that I need. The crowds are ridiculous at walmart first thing, I do my best to avoid that place for the first 20 minutes at all costs. I can see myself going to Target first this year, they always seem to have 1 or 2 things I have my eyes on. Although with Kohls opening at 4am it's so sweet, but it makes us rush back from the town that has the Tanger outlets opening at 12am- :)

Walmart isn't even an option for us here. There are so few stores that you have to drive too far to get there and the crowds are like what they had in NJ when that poor security guard got killed last year. It just isn't worth the time and effort needed for me personally. They have never had stuff I was willing to fight that hard for, particularly and not get it! So, I'll line up at Target early this year. Too bad I won't get to hit TRU first, though. That's what I've done the last couple of years.

If that happens it would come down to who has the better ad between Target and Wal mart. I always do wal mart first then target but I guess we'll see who's ad is better now. (if the 5 am thing is right)

I do the same. Get to Target before they open after Wal-Mart, but this makes it a lot more difficult. It will come down to who has the best ad. But, if Target is pricematching now (I didn't know this!) I may be at Target first.

Target is way closer to me (and safer) than Wal-Mart, so I'm picking Target. But any more info on staying open until 11 PM? I hope they do that at our local store. There's 2-24 hour grocery stores, but sometimes there are things I can only get at Target. Later hours would definitely help me out.

Target now price matches ads like Walmart does, so that could mean a lot more people shopping at Target this year.

Wow - is this only for BF or everyday? Target was always so strict on not matching prices!

We have a supertarget, I wonder if they will match food prices too.

Wow - is this only for BF or everyday? Target was always so strict on not matching prices!

My supertarget has a sign as you go in one of the doors that they will match any competitor's print ad, simply bring the ad.

Well this kinda stinks for me as well since I usually run into Walmart then head the 3-4 miles to Target before they open. But the last couple of years I only go to Walmart first (while my sister waits at Target) for DVDs...which I could do without or swing by after Target.

So I guess it all depends on the ads and whether this is nationwide. And who knows maybe Walmart will open an hour earlier because of this but 4am opening would be early!

My supertarget has a sign as you go in one of the doors that they will match any competitor's print ad, simply bring the ad.

Target will also price adjust past purchases within 7 days. :)

Just bring your Target receipt and the competitor's ad to Guest Services.

http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/value/our-low-price-promise-facts.aspx

Target will also price adjust past purchases within 7 days. :)

Just bring your Target receipt and the competitor's ad to Guest Services.

http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/value/our-low-price-promise-facts.aspx

I know they price adjust (that's how I get my sweet deals with no lines!)...but when did they start price matching??????

Woot Target may just be the place for me this year and that makes me a happy girl cause I will be able to take my time bf hit Sam's for breakfast then head over to Target for my price matching and adjustments.

That might just mess up the going to Kohls first then Target plan...

I was thinking the same thing. I don't have a buddy to shop with so it usually takes until 5am to get out of Kohls. In the past I have left Kohls, grabbed some coffee and headed to Target to get in line. Looks like I may need a new strategy this year. Maybe this will allow me a little more sleep!:tired:

I know they price adjust (that's how I get my sweet deals with no lines!)...but when did they start price matching??????

I meant they will price adjust something you bought and it's on sale at another store within 7 days, not just Target.

So lets say you bought a toy at Target and 5 days later it is cheaper at WalMart, just bring the walmart ad and your Target receipt and get your money back.