Ticket System at Walmart

BGndr

My aunt works for a local Walmart and was told that this year, they will be going to a ticket system similar to BestBuy. Her store is a small one in Southeastern Illinois, and I figure if that small of a store is going to the ticket system maybe they all are? Have any of you heard anything like this?

In the past, they have always left it up to the individual walmart stores. I plan on calling the manager of the store that I plan to go to closer to BF. Although the store I go to is a madhouse on that day, we don't have a camp out situation, and tickets are fairly unnecessary because they always have a lot of things left over.

I am really glad to hear this if it is true.

Last year I wanted that Leapster system for my daughter and the games. I was shoved to the ground by someone and they tried walking on me . To make matters worse there was a child about 9 or 10 years old in that pile.

I would think that walmart legal eagles have put a very strict policy together for this day. They received all that publicity about that death last year..the lawsuit that followed. I think we will see some new policy's at the big W.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a bunch! That clears it up for and terrifies me at the same time hahahah j/k

and on another note... mayor goodman, vegas represent! hahaha man i hate that place.

Click on the tread below and you can see how Best Buy does the ticket system. Welcome to the community!

because i have a terrible temper, a fast mouth and don't like crowds as it is. i'm excited to participate but fearful i'll snap and be mean if someone gets the last t.v. ticket in front of me or something. i hope i can get in line in time. i just read up on what happened last year though and that sounds waaaaay worse than my crappy temper. sounds fine to me. and i'm gonna freeze my face off in the snow because i'm from vegas and this is my first year in a cold and snowy climate in almost 20 years.

Ahhhhh You are from LV. So you know my friend Oscar.

I live in Texas and it is very cold or warm on BF. No in between. Go to the link below and you will see what myself and others take to keep warm on BF.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=146914

Let us know what you are looking for on BF and we can give you a idea on when to get inline. Of course when the ads hit we can give you a better idea down to the house.

Welcome to the community!

because i have a terrible temper, a fast mouth and don't like crowds as it is. i'm excited to participate but fearful i'll snap and be mean if someone gets the last t.v. ticket in front of me or something. i hope i can get in line in time. i just read up on what happened last year though and that sounds waaaaay worse than my crappy temper. sounds fine to me. and i'm gonna freeze my face off in the snow because i'm from vegas and this is my first year in a cold and snowy climate in almost 20 years.

I really hope they do use the ticket system this year because I usually get at our walmart about an hour and a half before they open. Then some people come right at time to open and come from the side and cut in front of everyone..(We live in a small town). So I hope they do use the ticket system so I don't have to worry about the idiots cutting line this year.

• 2 weeks later...