Anyone shopped on BF while pregnant???

stacy0479

I went when I was about 4 months preg and I wasn't showing very much so no extra courtesy was given to me but I didn't have any problems. I made a dash through the door while DH waited with everyone else for a buggy. He came find me with a stack of stuff waiting to be put in the cart. I didn't lift anything heavy, just stood in front of it with my hand on top.

I have been shopping 75% clearance toys @ Target (not BF crowd but close) while 9 months preg and 3 cent dilated. I had to move slowly but other than that, no problems.

I've never gone pg, but I would say do NOT go without someone going with you and be sooo careful...a few deals is NOT worth something bad happening

I'm glad to hear of people having good experiences, but around here, I've seen pregnant women being shoved out of the way...nobody seemed to care :( So just be very very careful

I second this and with the economy being bad I think the crowds this year will be worse and the fights will be more frequent. I am NOT pregnant (and don't plan on being pregnant anytime soon) ;) and I will not be going out this year either. Dh will be home and we will do some online things and whatever we don't get will just be bought later or written off.

I am very overprotective though and didn't even take caffiene or tylonel during pregnancy..To each their own.

If you go be careful and don't expect people to give you any slack (be cautious in other words) money makes all kinds of people blind and crazy.

Edited by mom2monkiesx3

I will be 15 weeks and I'm worried about still being sick or just plain running out of energy. I did the making strides for breast cancer walk today and I ended up having to take 2 naps! I was beat! I really hope by BF I'm feeling better (got sick twice this morning :yuck:) and I that I can make it to all the stores I want to go to!!

I was five months preggers with our twins one year. I wasn't allowed to do the full BF shop 'cause the doc said if he even suspected I'd done it, he'd throw me in the hospital for the remainder of my pregnancy. I got to go to one store and had to have a wheelchair (my twins were 8'8 and 8'12 when they were born, so even at five months, I was HUGE). Everybody was really, really nice, but then I wasn't at WalMart or ToysRUs either.

I would go for it if you're feeling up to it and have a buddy along. I was 6 months when I took a friend along for her first BF adventure, and we made it through hordes for $20 dvd players (back when that was the deal of the year, lol!). I was lucky enough to have courteous people notice my belly and give me room. Take a buddy, a bottled water, and have a game plan of the stores you want and what from each so you can get in and out as simply as you can. Good luck! :)

they should make belly brush guards for those occassions sophia! I hope your baby was ok after the hit. I think its not that people dont care about others on BF, i just think that maybe they have their eye so far on the prize that they are blind to everything else, ya know? I seen a toddler get run down one year, that was really bad. :( Good luck this year!! Maybe bring hubby to take the hits for you ;)

Last year I was only 2 mos pregnant with my second child, so I wasn't showing yet. But I was struggling with morning sickness and being tired. My friends were very impressed that I could keep up with them. They had mentioned that most of the pregnant women they had been around usually complained when they had to do too much walking. This year I'm so excited for black friday because I WON'T be pregnant!!! So I can move much faster and go to more stores. :D

Every year I pile into a big suv with my 3 best friends. We also meet up with another friend and my mom. In 2006, 3 of us were pregnant...with me being due 12/25 (she came 12/19). We moved a whole lot slower, but still had our fabulous BF girls shopping day together. My mom was a huge help. The girls stood in line (they weren't very pregnant) and my mom gave me door to door service. I would make sure you wear a I'm very obviously pregnant shirt, ie something that says Baby on it if you aren't showing...and watch the carts and your belly. Don't get your heart set on any certain sales in case you can't hang, take bottles of water and crackers with you for sure, and have a great time!

In 2003, I was 7 months preggo, and was just coming off bedrest. My sweet hubby went w/ me (with our 3 and 5 yr old in tow) and he went around Best Buy while I sat on a TV box at the front of the store. It was quite an experience!! Will never forget it! :)

Yep been ther done that and got a T-shirt. 34 weeks preggers with twins. Delivered a week and a half later. I'm in VA and everyone was so nice and very much considerate. Several people @ walmart that were around pallets handed me the things that i wanted to purchase. So girl you can use it to your advantage, you know?!:banana::banana:

• 2 weeks later...
So it looks like I will have to make this adventure this year on my own. My DF has duty Friday, which for those that don't know what that means, he has to be at work at 8AM Friday morning and won't get off til 8AM Saturday morning. He can't leave the sub, nothing. So I am very thankful that I get to have him spend Thanksgiving with us but sad that he can't go shopping, which isn't a big deal. I already told him that I am dragging him with me to Target at 3AM, lol then I will hit Kohls alone, then come home and rest for a couple hours before hitting the mall. Hopefully the rest in between will revive me for another round! LOL

My sister and I have aleays went together. She went once when she was preggers (about 7 months along) and a man pushed her down. At another store a ladykept elbowing her tummy till she lost it with her and told her she would press charges for assault. I never had a problem, but Just BE CAREFUL!!!!