coach purses

My college age daughter told me last night she would like a coach bag for her birthday. I agreed not knowing what I was agreeing with. MY FAULT. I almost fainted when I looked them up on the internet. Does anyone know where you can buy these at a greatly discounted price? Do not need until Dec.but thought I would go ahead and get it. Having birthdays by the holidays stink on budgets!!!!!

Thanks for any help!

I dont know where you live but try the Coach Outlet Stores you can get a great deal now!

Also try Macys they go on sale alot! Even sometimes TJmaxx, & Marshalls. I'll keep an eye out

Start searching now for upscale consignement shops either online or near you. Some women only use them for a bit and take them in. You wouldnt even know it had been used...then you have extra cash to stuff in the purse!

I would definitely try the outlet mall route. The outlet mall itself may have a website, if so sign up for their mailing list (the one nearest me calls it their "VIP Club").

I have been able to get purses 3 times now when they were having 50% off of the clearance price and it seems as if these sales coincided with a special sale/weekend the outlet was having (mothers day, sidewalk sale weekend, etc.).

Hope this helps!

Thanks, unfortunate to us but grateful due to love of shopping we live about 3 1/2 hours to the largest town. When we do go into the city it would be St.Louis. Around us is farm stores and Walmart. Not what I call thrilling!!!!

How close do you live to Branson? We drove there from the St Louis area last weekend.

There is a Coach outlet in the outlet mall there and they had Coach bags for 40% off. They carry a large collection of purses/bags/wallets, etc.

The other thing you might do is watch this deal finder forum for a coupon. A few times a year Coach mails out coupons to their customers. Sometimes people are willing to give/trade these to others.

I'd go back to her and ask her if she wants a Coach purse or next semester's tuition. Maybe she didn't know how much they were?

DD did that last Christmas - said she wanted Uggs .. went online and saw how much they were - she about died. She was sweet about it and let me get her that style of shoe, just not as expensive.

Coach purses are widely faked on the internet. The fakes support child labor, terrorism, etc so I am totally against them. Others do not care and are ok with buying these. As previously mentioned your best bet is a Coach outlet store. During season changes you can find them on clearance at Macy's. If nothing else, maybe someone closer to an outlet would go for you and pick up a bag and send it to you.

Good luck

Those aren't real. It ships from another country and the prices are not anywhere close to real. The model numbers aren't close, plus it doesn't name the bag.

They probably know people at the Coach factory in China, take the material/patterns, and just splash them on other bags.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the reasons they cost so much is because if the purse rips or the sewing comes paprt you can take it back to the outlet or the coach store and they will send it out for repair, if coach can't repair it to their standards they will send you a certificate for the cost of the purse.

I bought mine on clearance at coach outlet store and I got more money in the certificate, the reason I returned it was cuase my dog chewed the handle so the stitching was coming out.

I made out on that deal and got a new purse oh yeah a good deal.

Go to the outlet store or the salvation army type of shops. Ok depending where you live but the ones in my area and Beverly Hills you can find some good deals there.

The UCLA Thrift Shop (on Sawtelle near Santa Monica Blvd) is a great place to find slightly used but expensive handbags. Proceeds benefit the UCLA hospital I think.