Will the Wii be hard to come by this season again?

dakotadenise

We already know we are getting the kids the Wii as the big Santa gift this year. I remember the frantic searches last year - should I be buying it now, or will waiting be ok?? We won't need any of the "hot" new games, the kids already have their fav's picked out.

I would like to think that there will be a lot of them out there, but, it has been shorted over the last three Christmases. Why would this year be any different?

I'm not trying to panic you, but I'd feel safer if you got it now and were able to stock up on accessories as the holiday gets nearer. You know they're gonna have killer deals on the extra controllers, games and other bits and pieces that will go with it. :)

-Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Like others have said, there is really no reason to wait. There won't be a price drop before the holidays.

The best you can hope for on BF would be a free game or accessory with purchase, but you can even get that kind of deal now at places like Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/product_id=10726532

Brad,

With Sony introducing a new PS3 Slim last week at $299 (120GB model), Nintendo may have to rethink Wii pricing because they won't have enough new titles worthy enough to drive sales (JMO).

Wiis are available in good quantities though, they spent all this past year opening new fab plants to increase the supply.

Not to hijack this thread but will the PS3 be a deal come BF? Or is the $299 price drop all we get?

$299 is for the new PS3 slim. Couldn't say what there would be for BF. The past it's usually been the bundles where the deals are.

BTW.... Microsoft has just announced a price drop on the XBox 360 Elite to match the PS3 Slim at $299. Which makes me believe Nintendo will need to drop the price for the Wii (wishfully thinking to $199.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone... just to throw out some Wii News -

-The price HAS been dropped to $199.99 in most stores.

-Wii Fit Plus will be coming out SOON! (WOOT!)

-Wii Sport Resort + Wii Motion Plus = Awesome and also coming soon.