As of now, how much do you plan on spending this holiday?

Brad

As of now, how much do you plan on spending this holiday?  

371 members have voted

1. 1. As of now, how much do you plan on spending this holiday?

• approximately the same as previous years
    • slightly less than previous years
    • significantly less than previous years
    • slightly more than previous years
    • significantly more than previous years

Slightly less, I think. I just don't have that many "have to have" items left on my list. I can't even think of something I want for my birthday this year. I'm sure I'll find something somewhere that I "need", and I'll be out standing in line to get in somewhere just for fun, but as far as actually buying a lot of stuff, probably not.

hahahahahaha! I'm sure you all will convince me that I need all kinds of stuff between now and then, right?

I lost my job at the end of last October so last year wasn't too bad.

While still being unemployed would make this year difficult. But since we've got virtually all the big ticket items we need for a while, we probably wouldn't do as much anyway.

I posted slightly less because between us, my brother and his wife and DH's sister and husband, we decided not to buy gifts for each other. That will bring my budget down by $100.00. I'll be putting that money to good use by paying for school! I attended "Financial Peace" last year and have been putting money away as suggested, so no credit card bills for me come January! What a freeing feeling.

Stacy

I voted significantly more than previous years. :)

This year we decided to get laptops for the kids and our gift to each other will be an iMac. Saving up to get them happens to coincide with the holidays, so we'll be pumping more into the retail sector this year. This is the only gift hubby and I are getting each other this year, and we will only get a few other things for the kids like the traditional socks, undies, pajamas. That type of thing.

Also, because we now live closer, we have gotten to know my brothers step-kids and their families and will add three family gifts to the budget. So the extended family budget went up just a little.

My kids also have birthdays in January and February, and we already have some ideas of things they would like. If they have deals for those things around holiday time, I will go ahead and pick it up to save for the birthdays.

I voted about the same, but we will see how much I can have saved by then and my mom always gives us our gift in October/November when she gets her check from her Christmas Club. She just gives us cash, so I think I will hold onto that for BF unless I see a deal that I can't pass up.

I've been slowly buying less and less the last few years....good thing cause dh lost his job and this Christmas will be MUCH smaller than the kids are used to...I will be making fewer, more thought-out purchases this year (gone is the PILE of 'stocking stuffers' the kids are used to along with SEVERAL video games, etc)

btw...voted significantly less...

Significantly less; husband is unemployed and we are limping by on my salary alone.

Even if he finds a job that pays about what his old job did, we have some territory to make up: delayed dental work, replenish and rebuild savings (in case this happens again!), college expenses around the corner (even application fees and dorm deposits add up), approaching higher utility bills due to winter, the desire to eat a steak dinner again, etc.

I plan to keep to a budget this year. I have been bad in the past. The older kids are grow and married so I have warned them that I was cutting back. They never believe that I am cutting back because of the deals.

I want to keep my youngest DD the same or more.

I will have a new grandbaby by then too, but I don't want to start something I cannot continue.

I would say over all I am going to spend half of what I spent last year.

I said significantly more this year. I worked for 8 months, I have stayed home with my kids for 12 years. But when I worked I put 100-150 a month in savings,DH is doing the same and I became a creative memories consultant, so more money this year:cheesy:

Significantly less. We just don't need as much stuff this year. DD10 still has unopened presents from last Christmas and is having a big bday party next month. It will be hard deciding what to get for her and she is usually who I spend the most on. Of course, if there are good deals, I will end up, as always, picking up things I don't need. But for the most part, this will be a smaller holiday for us.

I voted a little more. I have a new little one this year, so it will be a more because of her and my son is getting into video games, Thomas, etc. things that cost more money. However, thanks to this site I have already found some really good deals for Christmas.:) Can not wait for BF and the sales though...I still have some shopping to do...I enjoy spoiling my kiddos a little too much...just ask my DH. :D

Realizing that BF is 20 weeks away, compared to previous years, how much do you plan on spending for the holidays this year?

Feel free to reply with any comments as well. The results we get for polls like this will be used when making our official BF predictions and possibly for media interviews as well, so your comments could appear in a news story :D

OMG! Time is flying (well, not fast enough...lol)! But, it was just 20 weeks until BF, now on Friday, we're coming up 13 weeks! WOOHOO!

Probably about the same. We do a 1 year CD, and put roughly the same amount in it each year. I'm not sure though, we don't have any big ticket items we are looking for so I may not spend as much...we'll just have to see what the ads say!