Backpack for High schooler

I always buy the clearanced ones at Target at the end of the Back to School season. I have found Jansport ones, originally $50 for 75% off.

What I found tho is that you need to look at how they are rated. Most will tell you the exact size and how many lbs they will carry. This will help you find one that is durable enough to handle the paces your son is putting them through.

My kids have great luck with jansport. Here is a link to one: http://www.target.com/Trans-JanSport-Incline-Backpack-Black/dp/B0014HCAJM/sr=1-12/qid=1236774658/ref=sr_1_12/192-9231698-5094921?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&pricerange=&rh=k%3Abackpack%20brands&page=2

Here is another link of sale jansport: http://www.rockymountaintrail.com/outdoor/jansport/backpacks/book-bags/

Not sure how much you want to spend.

Landsend and LL Bean have great bags and they last forever. They come out of the washing machine looking like new. Excellent value.

Agree 100%!!! LL Beans last a long time. My daughter went all 4 years of high school with hers. My son (8th grade) has had his for almost 2 years and it is holding up nicely. :)

2 of my kids have LL Bean and they are awesome! I'll put the money into the bags for the other 2 when they start school as well. My son in 2nd grade has had the same bag since kindergarten and I upgraded to the largest messenger bag type for my 8th grader 3 years ago and I can't imagine I'll ever have to purchase another it has held up that well.

Agree 100%!!! LL Beans last a long time. My daughter went all 4 years of high school with hers. My son (8th grade) has had his for almost 2 years and it is holding up nicely. :)

I STILL have mine from High School. It's an LL Bean. I used it all 4 years and some in college and now it's one we use if we need a back pack.

Worth the money....definitely.

• 2 months later...
Jansport is amazing and what i used in high school (same bag all 4 years, never a problem). For college i've been using an adidas comox cling III. a little pricey $50 but it has held up for 3 years and has back support and headphone slots etc.

• 1 month later...
I have to agree on the Jansport. I used the same Jansport through high school and 4 years of college. I still have the backpack and I used it when I travel. It still looks great too! I've had that bag for 15 years. I kid you not. I'm just now realizing how long I've had it. Jansport is definitely reliable.