Dillards extra 50% off sale

champa1975

I was in Dillard's last night and an employee told me that all sale items would be an additional 50% on the 1st! So, I just scoped out the items that I would like and am planning on going back tomorrow!

I also just called my Dillards and was told the same thing that it's an additional 50% the already clearanced and includes Dooney and Coach.

Oh my! Ours opened at 10 and was a madhouse. There were people with PILES of things. The gift sets and Christmas were 75%. So those were going fast and of course all the clearance clothes, Christmas and shoes. It was quite fun. Got some good bargains!

The Dillards by me at Independance Center Mall opened at 9am and there were people there waiting along with me. The ladies rushed the Coach purses. This one lady bought 9 Coach purses. I got a Dooney purse and a Coach purse and wristlet for $314 with tax. The Coah was reg $398 and the Dooney was reg $350 and the wristlet was reg $98.

I got there this morning right as they opened and practically had to fight this one woman to get a coach purse. She actually brought boxes with her and starting putting all of the coach purses into them. Luckily I was able to scoop one up before she got to it. She bought all they had which was well over 50 coach purses. She planned to resale them on ebay :no: The saleswomen said that there was nothing they could do because there was no maximum per person.

Oh well, I guess there are going to be some real coach purses on ebay for a change. I did get a great deal on the one I was able to get though!

OMG....dh and I went first thing this morning...waiting 10 min for them to open. All of a sudden..all these women get out of their cars as soon as the doors start opening and it was a flashback of black friday! LOLOLOL I followed them inside to see what all the buzz and rush was and followed them ALL to the purses! OMG...it was hilarious! Everyone was grabbing a purse that was on a lock down hanger and holding on for dear life until a salesperson could unlock it...they were Coach purses. Then I saw how good of a deal they were and bought myself a small one with a matching little wallet for loose change/ID's for when dh and I go out to eat together. Once I get out of the store and meet dh at the van...he has a bag for me...he bought me a large Coach purse! In red too! Its gorgeous and I was so excited. Now I have two Coach purses! He told me that was my anniversary present..our 20th anniversary is on Jan. 14th. So I gave him my gift I had just bought at Dillards for him..a beautiful fossil watch that was on clearance for 130.xx, but with the additional 50% off..it cost me 65.00 plus tax! My very first Coach purses! I'll be better prepared this year when they do it again. Do they do this sale once or twice a year?

I bought a beautiful Donald Pliner that was 405 for 102.... great deals! Got shoes, socks, bras, all kinds of great deals to be had.. but there was such a mess I really had trouble focusing and getting shopping done. Oh and I got a beautiful jewelry box that was 248 for 62.

for those of you who don't have a Dillard's close by..some of these deals were online. I just checked now and was looking at the chidren's clearance- go to Dillards.com type in sale...then click on the section you want to view. still great prices coming up

the manager at my dillards got hit in the head with the door when she opened it, and then got hit in the nose at the Coach counter.

I hit 3 Dillards today for some good deals. Guess brand $40 tees for $10 that I wanted a few months ago but wasn't about to pay 40 bucks for a tee. 3 pair of Jeans for $25-$30. Sunglasses for $10; a Fossil wallet for $7.50; the best deal was in the Home section where I paid $8.01 total including tax for 2 big glass accent dishes that were Orig $30 and $50 each. It's as if the cashier made up the prices because the receipt did not have orig and discounted prices on it. Thanks!

I was astounded that no matter how deeply discounted Christmas items were, people in line tried haggling to get them even cheaper, annoying the very busy cashier dealing with long lines of waiting customers. They were practically giving some Christmas stuff away. My condolences go out to the sales people.

Boy am I glad I stayed away from Independence Center. I wanted a Coach bag...but I knew better. Last spring I went in and almost got beat up over a clearance Dooney. I will wait for another fav retailer to mark them down. I got lucky this spring and got a $398 Coach bag for less than $140.

Boy am I glad I stayed away from Independence Center. I wanted a Coach bag...but I knew better. Last spring I went in and almost got beat up over a clearance Dooney. I will wait for another fav retailer to mark them down. I got lucky this spring and got a $398 Coach bag for less than $140.

I use to live in Independence and LOVED Independence Center, especially their play area for the kids.

She bought all they had which was well over 50 coach purses. She planned to resale them on ebay :no:QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, SO many people hit the Dillards sales that the profits on ebay are in the toilet. Many of them go for the seller's cost. It is an easy way to avoid the crowds, just wait for them to flood the ebay market!

I have stopped buying Coach, as EVERYONE has a Coach now, like Dooney. Even though the price may be high to start, they can always be found clearanced or at an outlet, etc.. Just not the same.

Moved onto good sales on Prada, Pilner, L.A.M.B etc.. Something only Saks might carry.:yup:

I have stopped buying Coach, as EVERYONE has a Coach now, like Dooney. Even though the price may be high to start, they can always be found clearanced or at an outlet, etc.. Just not the same.

Moved onto good sales on Prada, Pilner, L.A.M.B etc.. Something only Saks might carry.:yup:

Coach is all I carry nowadays. And it is only because I have been known to find insane deals on them. We have a Coach outlet about an hour away, and they are always running 40% off deals. But I find myself wondering why I bother, since 50% of the bags I see are fakes. It is very discouraging. And I cannot figure out if the people don't know, or just don't care that they are carrying fakes. Makes me wonder if they think mine are fakes too!