Tell me your hits this year for toys

tjarena

ds 17, biggest hit was ipod touch,tom delong guitar,and car stereo.

ds9, eee pc lap top,bakugan,and ds spore game,tho he has played with other items those are there most loved ones

ds5, work bench. so got my moneys worth he wont stop playing with it,bakugans,and spike the dino sister got him that ,and guitar,

all in all turned out pretty good. they are playing with everything . only have to return the speed racer car to toys r us wont work. but its ok he has other stuff and wont miss it.

DS(13) loved his Marshmallow Shooters...He had asked for an airsoft gun, but I wasn't getting that so I bought these instead LOL He wasn't impressed with my humor but he does like them.

He also really likes the Wowwee Dragonfly and his laptop

DD(6) loves Biscuit, her laptop, Moonsand, Hannah Montana Fathead and Magnetix.

My ds9 and ds7 both love their Bakugan. I let my ds9 go after Christmas shopping with me and he bought about $100 more of Bakugan items - my dh couldn't believe I let him do it. We will see how long they love them but for right now it is a big hit.

My dd3 loved her Smores Pony. She was so grateful all day I don't really think there is anything she doesn't like but that was probably her favorite. We did play Wii Cheer together but that game really is for older girls. I played (and sucked) while she just held the remotes and followed along. That game is hard - I can't figure out how to hold the remotes or something because I know I am not as bad as they are saying I am, LOL. I mean I was in drill team in high school so I know how to hold a beat - yes high school was a long time ago just as my dh reminded me, LOL.

My DD14 loved her Guitar Hero World Tour and her HP laptop about equal.

My DD12 loved her Visa Gift Card (bought through BB&T Bank) the most. It had her name on it and can be reloaded. She went shopping with it today and says that she wants it every year from now on and for her birthday too.

son 15 loves Nerf N-Strike Disk Shot, bullseye baseball, garfield dvd's, fantastic 4 silver surfer for the wii.

daughter 7 loves her real guitar, mario ds game, toy horses, k'nex, dot to dot books.

they both love doing a puzzle one of my FPG's sent me.

I like the cruisen for the wii, cooking mama for the ds, guitar hero for the wii (I gave it to my son for his birthday this month).

My oldest son (13) is loving his GT World Tour Band Kit and actually got our 8 yr old son to pick up the guitar and try it for the first time yesterday (he already had GT III and a guitar, but my youngest wouldn't touch for anything).

Our 8 yr old is loving all his toys, esp. his new Star Wars action figures...he already has a whole rubbermaid container full, but he got some new ones he didn't have and he's been making Daddy play Star Wars for a few days now. Hubby loves SW too, so it's not a big deal for him.

They probably love more things, but they haven't actually taken them all out of their packages yet to play with everything. They still have another week off, so I'm sure they get thru them all soon. :cheesy:

Now that it's all said and done what were your kids hits and misses? I have to say all and all we had a really good year and so far everything has worked as it's suppose to. Although my DH said his brain was fried by the end of the day. He said it didn't want to upload, download, or read anymore directions. :tongue1:

I have a 12yrDS and a 6yrDD

Hits:

Wii with the 50 inch flatscreen that went with it

Magic beads- got these for my DD but both kids played with them all day yesterday. Glad I got the refill pack. (took a bit of figuring out though, directions weren't good)

DS was happy with all his clothes, sneakers, cologne, ect. He became a tween overnight, wouldn't have been happy with this stuff last year...;)

DD liked her scooter, V-tech camara (this thing does ALOT, great deal for $26) She says she likes everything....

Misses:

I'm hoping this isn't really a miss but they haven't even opened up the eyeclops or really showed any interest in it.

Hits- I think everything was a hit with my kids. No complaints, except that it took me two days to finish putting everything together.

DS-7- DS Games, Gamecube game, RC Air Hogs, Rypstik, Skate Ramp

DD-6- HSM Dolls, Glitter Dream Doll House w/ extra furniture, Barbie Cruise Ship, Twister Hopscotch

DS-4- Mario DS, Cars Mega Blocks sets, Cars Figure 8 Race Track, I can Dance Wall-E

DD-2- New Kitchen, Swimming Baby, Play food, Cleaning Set, Rose Petal Table & Chairs

DW- 1/2 Carat Earrings, GC to DaySpa, GC to AC Moore, Stickers for scrapbooking

Even the PJ's were a hit

My son is turning 4 in a week and he LOVES his big Imaginext remote-controlled Dinosaur (I think it was called Spike?). Also loves his Imaginext Batcave.

My daugther is 6 and she loves her Wowwee Alive lion cub (even though I'm not overly impressed) and her Puppy in my Pocket set. However, the small electronic games she got (My Meebas and Purse Pals) are gathering dust already.

DD17 -- big hit -- Palm Centro ... she hasn't stopped playing with that since she got it.

DS8 -- big hit -- imaginext toys/legos and night vision goggles

DS4 -- big hit -- Kota the dinasour ... best toy ever, everyone in the house has been playing with him.

Big hit for me ... top chef cookbook. I love that show. :)

The only miss was a remote control car my boys were so excited about and it didn't work, so we will have to return it.

I have dd3 & ds1

Hits: K'Nex cookie monster set (I was affraid I was wasting my money since we got Elmo and Ernie ones on BF. But this set came with so many extra pieces. We have been building things for 2 days straight now. Everything from towers to garage, etc.) Melissa & Doug Band in a Box. (Big Hit!! Everytime someone grabs an instruments everyone else joins in and we get a band going just like that) Hot wheels cars - 10 pk. (go great with K'Nex make-believe garage)

Elmo Live gets his Love sometimes.. (Other times he's lying somewhere on the floor..)

Dora Vanity (gets played with a little bit when DD is in her room which she seldom does now)

Duck and Frog towels (from Kohls)

Misses: Melissa & Doug magnets doll, Bowling game (it talks and everything but I don't think kids are too young to follow directions yet..), Tonka Fire Truck

Not sure: HoneyBee Hop game (DD was terrified of it at first. Seems to have warmed up but they can't really jump to it..)

Haven't opened yet: My First Computer ClickStart games (kids haven't really been too impressed with the console in anyway (gave it to them before Christmas) DS is def. too young and DD doesn't seem to be really into these gaming systems.. Don't know if that will change..)

Cinderella Bike for DD - too cold to go outside.

We're still having New-Years party at our place on Saturday for all of our friends with kids so we'll see then how they like all of their presents. I think those should be a Hit!!! I almost feel bad giving out some of the presents because they are so nice and very expensive (orig. prices - of course I paid much less due to all of them being 60% off.) I kind of feel bad looking like we've spent all this money (don't want to make anyone else feel bad) if their presents are not as nice. Because in most cases I actually spend less than they did.

Hits:

Son15 -- electronic drum set and GHIII for Wii with 2 guitars

Son6 -- Eyeclops Bionicam (big hit), Batman legos, Alien Maker, Castle legos, and Sansa MP3 player, Leapfrog Tag system.

Daughter3 -- Littlest Pet Shop (big hit), My Little Pony (huge hit), Barbie MP3 (OMG --she has barely stopped listening to it so I could charge it...LOL), camera.

Misses:

Telescope for DS6 because it has been too cloudy, foggy for him to use.

Walking doll for DD3 -- just not that interested. The pony and LPS are more fun.

And a KodakM893 camera for me that DH bought that took absolutely CRAP pictures. I took it back yesterday and got the M1033. Wished I had waited and gotten the one on sale at Office Max today for $99. I looked at it yesterday at Walmart and decided I didn't want to spend that much extra. For $99, I'd have saved $50...LOL

Other than those few things though, it was a great Christmas for all.

HITS:

DS13 16gb Ipod touch, Olympus FE20 digital camera, laptop, xbox games, wii games

cds. various books Anthony Horowitz, the New jr Bond (Bond for kids), Twilight books 1 & 2, the Inkheart series, (he kept trying to read them whenever he opened them) He got a lot since he had his 13th Birthday on 12/21 also.

DD10 8gb pink Zune, laptop, DS games, Mia (American Girl), Samsung pink camera, Another Cinderella Story DVD, cds, various books Main Street series, Meanest Doll series (these books are by Ann Martin), Bella Sara book, DS game and specialty cards, skateboard (but cant use it yet since it has been raining and we have snow on the ground

Both kids GHWT band kit and game Loved it but they cant play yet since we had to move the game table in front of where the drums would go when we put the tree up. They also got one of those indoor basketball games which we also cant set up until the tree comes down.

DH lowepro camera bag, 8gb black Zune,

Me silver/gold bracelet, 2 DS games and gift cards for Amazon (saving to get the Pandigital Kitchen Technology Center it is a 15 TV/store recipes/internet access)

Not opened yet but they still liked Fly Fusion plus accessoriesn for both kids, and Leapfrog Crammer (dd10)

MISSES: None yet thank goodness. I will update once all the video games have been tried out.

I think everything was a hit!

Everyone -- Wii!

DD 18 -- clothes, gwen stefani solid fragrances in little doll heads was the huge surprise! She loved them (which had me sweating, because she's not a girly-girl), books, videos, video games

DS 15 -- clothes, video games, videos, books

DS 5 -- geotrax airport, batman imagenext, leapster with cars game, bakugans, Mack truck and cars set, pajamas, bike

DH -- books, clothes

Me -- Wiifit, diamond pendant

We got DS out yesterday between rain showers for his first bike ride, but he is too interested in Mario Kart right now. Even my DH, who didn't think he would like it, has been racing everyone. That is probably the biggest hit. That and the extra controlers and wheels.

DS 17 - Clarion car stereo and Ipod Touch were the biggest hits for him. I also fixed his laptop and upgraded his memory to 1gb.

DS15 - Clarion car stereo and Ipod Classic were the biggest hits. I fixed his laptop also and upgraded his memory to 1gb.

For both of them together it was the rockband 2 bundle with cymbals for ps3.

DS 9 - Razor bike, fuzion scooter, pixos and rockband 1 for ps2. The nerf vulcan was a HUGE hit until it completely stopped working after about 2 rounds of ammo.

DD 8 - S'mores Pony was her biggest favorite. I've seen that darn pony in just about every room of my house with her. She also liked her high school musical bike, fuzion scooter and pixos.

Everything else they got they like but don't play with nearly as much as the above. The eyeclops bionicam was fun for all of 5 minutes. It's too hard to focus and seems to only work if it's completely pressed onto what ever you're looking at.

Hits: Nintendo DS (Prince Caspian is the #1 game w/DS6 right now), Kota the Triceratops, Spike the Ultra Dinosaur (my boys pooled their Christmas money and bought him yesterday- they said Kota needed a little brother), Little Einsteins Transform and Go Rocket, Helmet Heroes Police set...

Misses: DS3 bought DS6 a Nerf Vulcan... we went to 6 stores in 3 towns to find one. The darn thing fired one shot and then never worked again. :( Both of the boys were really disapointed. It looks like on Amazon reviews over the past few days, this happened to a LOT of people. Needless to say, we returned it. Oh, and DS6 really wanted Lego Star Wars for DS, but I think its a little too hard for him... he played it once for a little bit, got frustrated, and went back to Prince Caspian. I think he'll enjoy it a little further down the road, though.

Ds got the Nerf Vulcan too. It works, but even when it works it isn't that great. The holder for the clip keeps falling off and without it the pull isn't strong enough to feed the belt full of darts through the gun. Maybe if you set it carefully on the floor on the tripod, but that obviously isn't what ds wants to do.

DS22 Pedal Board and Guitar Hero Band Kit

DS17 Leather Jacket, Pitchblack (guitar tuner), Dell Monitor

DS08 Knex, Ripstick, Rockband Track pack Vol.2 PS2, Lego games (Batman and Indiana Jones) for Wii.

DS06 He says EVERYTHING is the greatest. There wasn't anything he didn't like. Everything he got was awesome.

Me (39): Wii Fit

There are a lot of boxes that weren't opened yet. So there may be some misses. But we haven't been home much until today. CRAZY holiday schedules. :yup:

And as far as Nerf Vulcan goes, we haven't been able to try it because I didn't read that it needed a bunch of D batteries. So I just bought some and haven't had a chance to try it again after that. But that thing is going to weigh a TON after adding 6 D batteries.

Here are the TOP favorites:

DS4--Imaginext Batcave is his absolute favorite and he thanks us daily. Also, Kota and Spike the dinosaurs(these dinos are really cool)

DD15--Laptop, UGGs, Guitar Hero, clothes, converse sneakers, lucky brand purse

DS18--Guitar Hero, Rockband, Ipod, lacoste jacket and sneakers, timberlands

DH--Giants golf bag, Giants jersey, titleist PRO-V golf balls

Me--Blackberry Storm, Flip camcorder, Gift cards, New camera and printer

We all loved everything we got. Nothing is broken so far.

Edited by kellygirl911

ds13- Guitar Hero World Tour and air guitar (can't believe I got it for $5!)

ds9- Green Machine, and Halo3, (although Halo3 was his older brother's, he loves it)

ds2-Loves his new bike, and Cadoo game

Also, my ds9 loves fishing. I got him a tshirt at Bass Pro Shop that says..."I've got a crack in my Bass where the crappie comes out" (He's been wearing it for 3 days now!)

I posted this in another thread.

Hits- I think everything was a hit with my kids. No complaints, except that it took me two days to finish putting everything together.

DS-7- DS Games, Gamecube game, RC Air Hogs, Rypstik, Skate Ramp

DD-6- HSM Dolls, Glitter Dream Doll House w/ extra furniture, Barbie Cruise Ship, Twister Hopscotch

DS-4- Mario DS, Cars Mega Blocks sets, Cars Figure 8 Race Track, I can Dance Wall-E

DD-2- New Kitchen, Swimming Baby, Play food, Cleaning Set, Rose Petal Table & Chairs

DW- 1/2 Carat Earrings, GC to DaySpa, GC to AC Moore, Stickers for scrapbooking

Even the PJ's were a hit

DD16:

Hits: Borders gift card, Sansa Fuze (replaces the ipod that died), sketch pads, clothes, Jack Skellington gloves, cashews (asks for them every year), make up, Guitar Hero DS.

Misses: None

DS8:

Hits: Razor scooter, video rocker, Legos Mars Mission, cars, Spy Gear Atv 360 (gift from the inlaws), Mario Kart DS, Guitar Hero DS.

Misses: K'nex dump truck. It does not stay together. He was so disappointed.

DS 13:

Hits: Xbox 360 and his favorite game Borne Supremacy (something like that) -- deodorant and body spray from American Eagle and his clothes, of course. He also likes his new golf stuff (stand up bag, putting flags, chipping net, etc.) but they are still in the box sitting in his room. He is always playing his XBOX 360.

Misses: None that I know of -- he seems to enjoy it all.

DS 8:

Hits: Knowshon Moreno #24 black jersey and his John Cena Pajamas (he wants to wear them all the time), Video rocker, Wii Rapala fishing game with fishing pole, Bullseye baseball, Nickelodeon Scene - It (We have played in several times already). His other games he has opened but has only played them once and still has other stuff in boxes stacked in his room.

Misses: Not sure at this time. We have not tried it all out. He seems to be very happy with his loot.

Ds3 LOVES his Little Tykes Cozy Coupe. He has been driving for days. He even tried to sleep in it with a blanket. Lol. So sweet. He also loves his Handy Manny tool box I got at Kohl's and a medical kit I picked up for $7. He's put his tools and dr's kit in his car trunk. The Disney Cars Piston cup 500 race track has been a lot of fun too.

Dd 8 months likes the Playskool busy gears and the ball popper. Also the Tiny Love chicken stacker that has soft stacking rings and balls. Also the Fisher price stacking action blocks are fun.

My dh and I love the Wii Fit and Shaun White Snowboarding game. I am not a big gamer, but wanted the Wii Fit for the workout. I was surprised at how much fun it is. And you can really feel the workout in your legs!

The kids got so much and they love everything. The only real disappointment was the Little Shots camera my mom bought ds. One of the screws was stripped and we can't even test it out. I've got to go exchange it for a new one.