Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

So, sunday should be 50% off Halloween, right? My Target has a BOATLOAD of stuff. . .candy included. I have a little one with H1N1, so won't be going, but the candy is calling me!

Halloween candy is going to be only 30% off on Sunday. However, the Halloween costumes and accessories will be at 50%.

Most bagged candy was 30%, but the Snickers, Mars, etc in the plastic candy jars were 50% and Target.com has a coupon for $1 off the Snickers. Made it 3.xx.

Costumes, paper products, toys, decor was 50% off. Hit two Targets and stuff that I usually wait for 75% off I decided to play it safe and pick up at 50%. There were probably 3 times the early morning clearance shoppers than in years past, and they were loading up. I was VERY surprised to see all the activity.

Our store was only letting people buy 10 bags of candy. :gdparanoid: There were no signs but when people went to check out they would say sorry only 10. The cashier I was talking to said they were taking whole carts of stuff back because people were loading up then getting upset and leaving. Um, ya at 30% off who cares how many bags people buy? It isn't that much off so they would still be making money. I thought it was very strange. Target isn't what it used to be. :no:

I could NOT believe the amount of early morning shoppers. Like I've never seen before. I got there about 15 minutes after opening and the aisles were packed and a TON of stuff was gone. I really wanted a Mr. Potato Head (so I could use my $2/1 coupon with it to get it really cheap) and those were cleared out. I did manage to score a lot of paper towels/napkins for cheap.

Went to CVS and candy there was 50% off, so I bought what I wanted from them.

I have pretty much no hope of anything good being left at 75% off. It was like a feeding frenzy at both stores I went to today.

Our store was only letting people buy 10 bags of candy. :gdparanoid: There were no signs but when people went to check out they would say sorry only 10. The cashier I was talking to said they were taking whole carts of stuff back because people were loading up then getting upset and leaving. Um, ya at 30% off who cares how many bags people buy? It isn't that much off so they would still be making money. I thought it was very strange. Target isn't what it used to be. :no:

That is strange. You would think they would want to get rid of it so they don't have to sell at 75% off and so they can make room for Christmas.

Stopped by Target this morning and picked up quite a bit at 50% off. I was going to get a few bags of the Halloween Quaker granola bars but they came up item not found??? The cashier grabbed them back and said that they must have been recalled and refused to sell them to me. My question is does anyone know if they were recalled?:eek: My kids got quite a few of those while trick or treating and I would like to know if they were really recalled or if they were just telling me that.

I got tons of stuff at the dollar spot at 75% off. kids books,pedicure sets, nail polish sets,pumpkin and basil seeds, little plant pots, the thing to label pots, some cute metallic rectangular tins (thinking of either using for gift baskets or for centerpieces for xmas/thankgiving),eyeglass holders, crayons,etc

saw an iced tea machine? marked down from 4x.xx to 10.xx but couldn't figure out what it would do apart from iced tea and dont know anybody who drinks iced tea. Had to buy my dog a ladybug costume was only 50% but maybe i'll try and price adjust? I'm still on the lookout for a loveseat cover in red or beige under $30 found an odd one out packaging and scanned but was coming up regular price.

Stopped by Target this morning and picked up quite a bit at 50% off. I was going to get a few bags of the Halloween Quaker granola bars but they came up item not found??? The cashier grabbed them back and said that they must have been recalled and refused to sell them to me. My question is does anyone know if they were recalled?:eek: My kids got quite a few of those while trick or treating and I would like to know if they were really recalled or if they were just telling me that.

I have not heard anything and could not find anything on a recall. I hope they are not too!

The granola bars were not recalled for quality or anything like that. Target has to send the unsold packages back to Quaker.

I was at Target (Olive Branch, MS) this morning when they opened - not the first one there, but the first to brave the weather and stand at the door so first one to the Halloween - I got all of the Ziplock bags, several napkins, paper towels, soft soap, etc. I didn't see any Saran Wrap this year though.

The one thing that I was able to snag at 3 different Targets (Olive Branch, Horn Lake, and Winchester) was the Oreo's. They're in the regular ailes but they have orange stuffing and the bag says Halloween. $1.50/ bag.

I also got a couple of books, Fancy Nancy, Curious George, I Spy a Pumpkin, and several others.

for the first time ever, i was there when they opened. Only about 10 people there waiting to get in.

I snagged a ton of the bag of chips for the girls' lunches, along with goldfish, animal crackers, the quaker oat bars, gripps chocolate chip cookies, paper towels, ziplocs and even a shirt for hubby that is a Ghostbusters one for 3.50. OH - also picked up the Wii Dance Dance Revolution DISNEY version of the game w/2 game mats for 17.98! Putting it up for Christmas.

The granola bars were not recalled for quality or anything like that. Target has to send the unsold packages back to Quaker.

I was at Target (Olive Branch, MS) this morning when they opened - not the first one there, but the first to brave the weather and stand at the door so first one to the Halloween - I got all of the Ziplock bags, several napkins, paper towels, soft soap, etc. I didn't see any Saran Wrap this year though.

The one thing that I was able to snag at 3 different Targets (Olive Branch, Horn Lake, and Winchester) was the Oreo's. They're in the regular ailes but they have orange stuffing and the bag says Halloween. $1.50/ bag.

I also got a couple of books, Fancy Nancy, Curious George, I Spy a Pumpkin, and several others.

Should I bother going to the Collierville TN store or did you wipe that one out too?:P (Howdy neighbor, I'm in Byhalia MS)