Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I have a very small one and I love it for times when I don't want to use my big one. It makes the best margaritas ever!!! They don't get all watered down like when you use the blender, and it only takes about 10-15 minutes for a batch.

Hmmmm....never thought of that! I may have just started feeling less negative toward the space it takes up!

Lots of kitchen stuff clearanced today- peelers, grapefruit knives, garlic press, etc.

085050080 Stanley 3-in-1 tripod light was 29.99 now 7.48 (it had two cool lights in it)

085050071 Stanley utility knife was approx $6, now 1.37 (great stocking stuffer for hubby- his is always AWOL when we need it!)

Also, overheard the manager instructing someone that starting Monday/Tuesday they are super smooshing the Halloween stuff down into less aisles and Friday want it mostly gone, so maybe clearance will start quickly!

Just bought an Elmo LIVE for my friends DS. There were 3 left, scanned all 3 and only one came up on clearance. It wasn't marked and was sitting with the others in the aisle. Number on the reciept, not sure if this will help is 204033017. Thanks for the tip! My friend was beyond thankful that I picked it up for her DS for Christmas.

Found some great deals this week:

a box Pampers size 3 baby dry for $14.48 I also had a $2.00 off coupon so I actually paid $12.48

a red and beige colored 5 x 7 area rug for $7.48

(2) Crest toothpaste w/ a bonus $1.74

(2) Listerine total care mouthwash w/ a bonus bottle $3.24

Merona sunglasses for women $4.24 (They look like Gucci or Chanel on the arm of the glasses)

Vaseline cocoa butter lotion 24.5oz had a deal if you buy two for $5.00ea you receive a free $5.00 gift card. I also had (2) $1.00 off coupons for each lotion. So I paid only $3.00 for the two largest bottles. If you don't like cocoa butter they had other fragrances for the same deal. :cheesy:

Edited by MarkdownQueen

The Littliest Pet Shop Wii game was shelf priced at the front of the store for $20.98 (30% off). However, there were several of them stacked up with a bunch of other Wii games on a display for $14.99 (right up by the registers). EVERY other Wii game on the display is individually shelf tagged at $14.99 except the Pet Shop one, which has a shelf sticker of $20.98.

So, I grabbed it and thought I might try to talk my way into a lower price... BUT, I didn't have to. It rang up as $14.99.

Anyway, I have a 6 yo daughter so I thought I might try it out for Christmas. 1/2 price isn't too bad, I guess. It seems to have gotten pretty good reviews on Amazon... Both she and my 4 yo love Pet Shops (although the youngest is really a bit too young for Wii).

http://www.amazon.com/Littlest-Pet-Shop-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0019R4VCG

Found some great deals this week:

a box Pampers size 3 baby dry for $14.48 I also had a $2.00 off coupon so I actually paid $12.48

a red and beige colored 5 x 7 area rug for $7.48

(2) Crest toothpaste w/ a bonus $1.74

(2) Listerine total care mouthwash w/ a bonus bottle $3.24

Merona sunglasses for women $4.24 (They look like Gucci or Chanel on the arm of the glasses)

Vaseline cocoa butter lotion 24.5oz had a deal if you buy two for $5.00ea you receive a free $5.00 gift card. I also had (2) $1.00 off coupons for each lotion. So I paid only $3.00 for the two largest bottles. If you don't like cocoa butter they had other fragrances for the same deal. :cheesy:

how many diapers were in the box? any other way to distinguish the clearance one from the others if not marked?

I hit two Targets here today and had NO LUCK with any of the items discussed so far.

I found Resolve carpet cleaner on "clearance" $4 off.. and I needed it so that was ok.

The beer thingie - "clearance" still $104!! And ya, I scanned it.

I did get some cute paper plates (small) for .34 and a plastic Pirate table cover for .68

But thats it... kinda bummed

how many diapers were in the box? any other way to distinguish the clearance one from the others if not marked?

The Pampers are cruisers size 3 and there are 116 in the box. On the box it also says Pampers stages, comfort flex. There is a picture of Elmo on everyside of the box. I thought they were baby dry. They also marked down the other sizes too, but they were already sold.

The Pampers are cruisers size 3 and there are 116 in the box. On the box it also says Pampers stages, comfort flex. There is a picture of Elmo on everyside of the box. I thought they were baby dry. They also marked down the other sizes too, but they were already sold.

thank you

Anyone know what Vizio 36 inch TV (or maybe is was a 32 inch?) was marked down to 225ish??? I was coming round the corner and a lady was picking it up and dragging it to buy it. I was about 3 minutes too late! Not sure how much off it was and how badly I missed out on a good deal? Edited by 1angelnhvn

Anyone know what Vizio 36 inch TV (or maybe is was a 32 inch?) was marked down to 225ish??? I was coming round the corner and a lady was picking it up and dragging it to buy it. I was about 3 minutes too late! Not sure how much off it was and how badly I missed out on a good deal?

It was this....

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-quot-1080p-LCD-HDTV/dp/B001GKK14I

008-09-1433 32" Vizio 1080p Java Series 225.24 ($450).

I had been watching it and knew today would be mark downs. I was there when the store opened and checked it. The employee told me that she needed to talk to a manager before she could sell any and that I had to wait until the markdown team got over there before she would do it. I asked her when they planned to be in electronics then and she said, "I don't know what order we will go in today so I really can't tell you. You would just have to be here."

I had to get home so dh could leave for work so I asked her to please tell me what they were going to be marked down to or what we could work out since they were marking them down and I was there at that moment. She told me she couldn't tell me whether or not they were going to be marked down or when - and walked off.

I was mad that she was like that and the more I thought about it the more I realized that she totally lied to me. I got home and told my husband as he walked out the door for work. He decided to stop on his way. Sure enough, the mark down team (including her) were marking them down and grabbing them for themselves!!! He grabbed one, put it in his cart and made her put a sticker on it (the only ones they had marked were the ones THEY were taking in carts). He walked over to check out was in line behind to employees from the mark down team! When he got up there the cashier called the manager over and whispered something to him. My husband doesn't know what she said, but the manager replied, "Nope, he is good. This gentleman just got a great deal on an unexpected price drop. Well done, sir!"

I was really bugged that the markdown girl LIED to me and then it seemed the cashier had some bee in her bonnet....oh well....we got one! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if this has already been posted....

This morning found Found Dance, Dance Revolution Wii Disney for 34.95. (VA) It was 50ish last week. I don't have my receipt handy, so I don't have any numbers. Let me know if anyone needs them.

I have been wanting this for the kids for Christmas. We just got back from Disney, and now they are disney obsessed. I have not seen this at are Target. Was it in the case with the games?

It was this....

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-quot-1080p-LCD-HDTV/dp/B001GKK14I

008-09-1433 32" Vizio 1080p Java Series 225.24 ($450).

I had been watching it and knew today would be mark downs. I was there when the store opened and checked it. The employee told me that she needed to talk to a manager before she could sell any and that I had to wait until the markdown team got over there before she would do it. I asked her when they planned to be in electronics then and she said, "I don't know what order we will go in today so I really can't tell you. You would just have to be here."

I had to get home so dh could leave for work so I asked her to please tell me what they were going to be marked down to or what we could work out since they were marking them down and I was there at that moment. She told me she couldn't tell me whether or not they were going to be marked down or when - and walked off.

I was mad that she was like that and the more I thought about it the more I realized that she totally lied to me. I got home and told my husband as he walked out the door for work. He decided to stop on his way. Sure enough, the mark down team (including her) were marking them down and grabbing them for themselves!!! He grabbed one, put it in his cart and made her put a sticker on it (the only ones they had marked were the ones THEY were taking in carts). He walked over to check out was in line behind to employees from the mark down team! When he got up there the cashier called the manager over and whispered something to him. My husband doesn't know what she said, but the manager replied, "Nope, he is good. This gentleman just got a great deal on an unexpected price drop. Well done, sir!"

I was really bugged that the markdown girl LIED to me and then it seemed the cashier had some bee in her bonnet....oh well....we got one! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd report it, either online or to the 800 number. Names, descriptions, etc. about the way they were buying them for themselves. Our store just fired about half the markdown team a couple of months back because they marked down a bunch of DVD players in the back that never saw the sales floor. They bought them all themselves.

You know, I don't have a problem with employees that don't give out info on markdowns, etc. because they are busy, or just don't know, or aren't supposed to say. But when they are lying so that they can get the good stuff, that REALLY annoys me. I had employees giving me the runaround like that left and right when I was stalking the grills. And sure enough, when they DID mark them down and I was there, about 4-5 of them swarmed the area and I'm sure they carted off the rest of them as soon as I left.