Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Found the most awesomely cheezy gift for my brother today

###80's Country Music Crossover Hits (featuring Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, etc): $2.48 (75%)

Also got:

###Little Girls Cheerleading Costume (HSM themed, but not overtly HSM): $4.98 (75%)...this is not in the costume department, but with the party stuff.

###Basketball: $6.98 (30% off)

TONS and TONS in the gift wrap/party supply area.

I'm in Glencoe here, don't get to target much but I think my favorite is the trussville store. I miss most of the bargins but I do get in on a few each year thanks to this board.

Trussville is where I got the guitar! LOL! I was so hesitant to drive that far without calling first, so I went ahead and called. The guy told me they had one left, and I told him I was coming to get it, but coming from J'ville and would he put it behind the desk for me and he did! I was so happy because they really aren't supposed to do that.. so that was really nice of him! I also saw the beertender at the one in Trussville if your close to that one. BUT that was last sat, I think they had a few left. And got most all of ds' bday party supplies there. Cleaned the store out of their 75% off batman supplies! LOL! All the rest of the stuff I have gotten so far has been in Oxford, last I saw (tues) they still had the zune stuff on clearance and had TONS left. But I don't think it was deeply discounted yet.

Are the GPS units part of electronics or automotive? There are some on clearance and I'm trying to figure out what day they do the markdowns so I can get one for cheap. :)

Do you have any info on the units that are marked down. I have been in need of one for about a year and decided I will break down and get one this year and thought I'd have to fight for one on BF but if there is a good markdown maybe that would be one last item I would have to battle for on BF. TYIA

YMMV, i found this bookshelf at SuperT in Orlando- Hunters Creek

dcpi 249-13-0094

delano antique narrow bookshelf

regular price 179, was marked 44 something as part of clearance.

also found 2 exotic retreat bookcase/ room divider reg price 349 marked 139, may have been cheaper.

dcpi 249-09-0008

I do not know if this is the place to post but I will give it a shot. If anyone gets the magazine 'family Fun" there is a $5.00 coupon for the game pictureka flipper in the November issue. Target has the regular pictureka on sale for $10:00 this week and the coupon scans which brings the game down to $5.00. It looks like a cool game for the family if not I figure for $5.00 it will go in my birthday present closet or to the Angel Tree this holiday season.

Yesterday at Target..

I had been eyeballing a 2step playset that retailed for 279.00. It had been sitting at on an endcap for a month. It had been moved from one endcap to another. Yesterday, I at 9:30 am I was Perimeter Perusing and there it was a red sticker was on it! 137.xx. I stood in front of it, and called my sister in law! She was there in 10 minutes.

The ladies at Target were not happy with me at all!!!

Also, I found a Kitchen add mix regular 99.xx got it for 24.xx. It was a floor model!

Yesterday at Target..

I had been eyeballing a 2step playset that retailed for 279.00. It had been sitting at on an endcap for a month. It had been moved from one endcap to another. Yesterday, I at 9:30 am I was Perimeter Perusing and there it was a red sticker was on it! 137.xx. I stood in front of it, and called my sister in law! She was there in 10 minutes.

The ladies at Target were not happy with me at all!!!

Also, I found a Kitchen add mix regular 99.xx got it for 24.xx. It was a floor model!

WOW! Do you have the DCPI for the Step2 playset or the link to what it looks like? I have been on the hunt for one for my DD for Christmas. TIA

I have noticed lately that they are moving clearance stuff a lot- I wonder if it is to see if a different location will move it out? (The Xbox 360 game I was looking for this weekend that was on clearance for 14.98 from 59.99 had been in the electronics dept- I got there Sunday and it was gone, along with all of the games that had been there. I was super bummed. But I happened to go down the back of the CD's/DVD's part and they had been moved to there!!!)

http://www.target.com/Step-2-783400-Woodland-Climber/dp/B001PGP350/sr=1-2/qid=1256071839/ref=sr_1_2/184-5384058-6950752?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Astep%202&page=1

That is the link. However I don't think that the other targets have them on sale. I talked to some people at Target and I think that it got lost in the mix. They were all waiting also for it to go on clearence. The one kid I talked to said that they didn't have the space cause Christmas was coming :) It was a steal to say the least.

Yesterday at Target..

I had been eyeballing a 2step playset that retailed for 279.00. It had been sitting at on an endcap for a month. It had been moved from one endcap to another. Yesterday, I at 9:30 am I was Perimeter Perusing and there it was a red sticker was on it! 137.xx.

I have never seen this at any of my Targets (there are more than 10 in my area that I can go to). Was it an internet return? Did it have a regular little red sticker or was it one that says "As is" with a white bar on it? Either way, that was definitely a great deal! Great find!

http://www.target.com/Step-2-783400-Woodland-Climber/dp/B001PGP350/sr=1-2/qid=1256071839/ref=sr_1_2/184-5384058-6950752?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Astep%202&page=1

That is the link. However I don't think that the other targets have them on sale. I talked to some people at Target and I think that it got lost in the mix. They were all waiting also for it to go on clearence. The one kid I talked to said that they didn't have the space cause Christmas was coming :) It was a steal to say the least.

We have this one! My DS LOVES it and plays on it constantly! Very good find!! We've had it for a year and a half now and it still looks brand new...you will def. get your money's worth! I'm looking for a playhouse for my DD for Christmas if anyone sees one. :D

Found some luck in the garden hose department today...

two 100' garden hoses regularly $30 down to $7.48; three 50' coiled hoses regularly $20 down to $4.98; one 25' coiled hose regularly $15 down to $3.74. Also lots of very neat deco lights for our screened in porch, also marked down from $15 to $3.74.

BTW, the Kansas City area started the 5% off reward program (off of everything on your ticket, every time you shop and use your Target Visa.) It started on Sunday, I believe the cashier told me. Anyway, I had my final "points earned" 10% off certificate and it expired today (the OLD program). I wasn't sure if it would work since they implemented the new program, but it did, so I shopped today and got an additional 15% off everything. Kind of nice for my garden hose bonanza!

Not much happening out here now, but they did start doing the $.05 for each bag you use instead of theirs. Now I make a point of not bringing in my big Ikea bags anymore. Despite the fact that I can fit 4-5 bags worth of stuff in them, they still only give me a nickel for it. I've got loads of bags, so I just bring them in.

Found an XBOX 360 Rock Band guitar for $14.98. Got it for my BIL for Christmas!

Also found Guitar Hero World tour Xbox 360 for $12.48. I had been stalking this. I went ahead and bought one @ 50% off b/c they were disappearing fast. I didn't see any last week when I checked. I went by the clearance shelf tonight and no game. Oh well. As I walked away, one of the employees was cleaning a nearby shelf and pulled out a Guitar Hero game from behind some stuff. I snagged it and sure enough it was 75% off!! :yup:

Not much happening out here now, but they did start doing the $.05 for each bag you use instead of theirs. Now I make a point of not bringing in my big Ikea bags anymore. Despite the fact that I can fit 4-5 bags worth of stuff in them, they still only give me a nickel for it. I've got loads of bags, so I just bring them in.

I'm in CA also (N. CA), but I don't think any my Targets have started this yet. Is the information posted around the registers or anything?

I'm in CA also (N. CA), but I don't think any my Targets have started this yet. Is the information posted around the registers or anything?

They just started it here and only some of the Targets do it. At the one I went to that did I had multiple employees tell me about it. They also had a barcode sticker next to the register to scan for the five cents off.

Here is an article about it in USA Today that says they will roll it out nationwide on Nov. 1st:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/environment/2009-10-18-target-plastic-bags-green-environment_N.htm