Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I just got back from the Roanoke VA Target and got a bunch of two pack GE Energy Smart/Efficient lightbulbs for $1.24!!! They were on an end cap in the back of the store. They had different watts and two different sizes, too.

Bought some Rayovac batteries from the dollar spot and used a $1.00 coupon (Smart Source insert 6/21) so I got them for free.

Also got a cute Mossimmo jersey knit grecian style skirt for $9.99 (reg. price). I know it isn't on sale but thought that it was a great price nonetheless. They are super comfy with a tee and more flattering on me than shorts.

I just got back from the Roanoke VA Target and got a bunch of two pack GE Energy Smart/Efficient lightbulbs for $1.24!!! They were on an end cap in the back of the store. They had different watts and two different sizes, too.

Bought some Rayovac batteries from the dollar spot and used a $1.00 coupon (Smart Source insert 6/21) so I got them for free.

Also got a cute Mossimmo jersey knit grecian style skirt for $9.99 (reg. price). I know it isn't on sale but thought that it was a great price nonetheless. They are super comfy with a tee and more flattering on me than shorts.

I found a ton of these today too. Got lots of the 60 watt 16 pks?? (I think that's the count) for $1.24; a few 100 watts and a few of the energy efficient 2 pks. Very cheap lighting!! :yup:

I found a ton of these today too. Got lots of the 60 watt 16 pks?? (I think that's the count) for $1.24; a few 100 watts and a few of the energy efficient 2 pks. Very cheap lighting!! :yup:

16 pks for $1.24!?!?!?!?!? That's AWESOME!!! I only found the 2 pks and there were just a few left.

At wmart I found a few $1.25 peelies for the GE Energy Saver lightbulbs, used them at Target on the clearance lightbulbs.

The laptops don't require a card. the wireless is built in, and it is ready to go out of the package. I have had 2 of them for the last 2 years, and have not had problems using wireless anywhere I go. I am using one right now to type this at a hotel in Puyallup, WA, in fact. I've taken it to all sorts of cafes, use it at home and have no probs.

We take a lot of road trips/travel alot and that's what we needed it for. To access the internet while in the car. I was told that we wouldn't be able to do it with this one. That's why we have the card for use in our laptop. We wouldn't want to have to tote along two of them.....

We take a lot of road trips/travel alot and that's what we needed it for. To access the internet while in the car. I was told that we wouldn't be able to do it with this one. That's why we have the card for use in our laptop. We wouldn't want to have to tote along two of them.....

Ahh....yeah if you need it in the car itself, that would be a problem. If you can go to anyplace with free WiFi, though it is ideal. Our internet was down for a week when we moved last year, so I just took it to Panera and was able to do everything I needed. It has been great. I'd often love to have it anywhere, anytime, but I am too cheap to pay the fee with my wireless company to have it. :(

:eyepoppinIt's really NOT just an Urban Legend!

I found 3 of the MM 10 packs today AND they rang up at 69 cents! :D

I got one apple and 2 fruit punch. I thought I had read earlier in this thread that Target had finally fixed this "problem" Well, get back to the hunt, cuz I found some and they are still 69 cents!

Why am I excited?? I do not have kids and I do not drink juice, but I HAD to buy them. I will have to find someone to GIVE them to, I guess.

What kind of laptop are ya'll talking about?

Ahh....yeah if you need it in the car itself, that would be a problem. If you can go to anyplace with free WiFi, though it is ideal. Our internet was down for a week when we moved last year, so I just took it to Panera and was able to do everything I needed. It has been great. I'd often love to have it anywhere, anytime, but I am too cheap to pay the fee with my wireless company to have it. :(

My Target Adventure:

I took my little boy to Target with me, which I rarely do since he gets into everything.

While I was searching for the cheapest batteries, there was a triangular horizontal column on the floor of the display aisle shelf, probably for wires. I wasn't kidding when I said my son gets into everything. Well, he had peeked underneath it, and lo and behold, there were various items stored there.

There was no way these items could have gotten there accidentally. I thought about leaving them there, since someone had gone through obvious effort to store them there, but curiosity got the better of me and I fished out one of the items. It was an Energizer rechargable battery station that came with 4 AA and 2 AAA. The clearance sticker said original price was 16.99 and sale price was 11.89. When I scanned it, the price came up as 4.24.

So then, I laid down flat on the floor, like an idiot, using my cell phone was flashlight. I would have been humiliated if someone came into the aisle, but no one did. I could see a video game, a memory card, and a pack of razors. I'm pretty sure all had clearance stickers.

Since I was looking for AA batteries, I bought these, but wasn't sure if I should have informed someone about the rest of the stash.

The baby clearance has started at my Target. I got two evenflo exersaucers for $14.98 each today. One is the farm one and one is the ABC one (reg. $99) They are also clearancing high chair and car seats. I am hoping to get some other deals in weeks to come, too.

Anyone else's store have baby items clearancing yet?

The baby clearance has started at my Target. I got two evenflo exersaucers for $14.98 each today. One is the farm one and one is the ABC one (reg. $99) They are also clearancing high chair and car seats. I am hoping to get some other deals in weeks to come, too.

wow, thats a great deal unfortunately they are not clearancing baby things here yet,

Which carseats are on clearance?

Evenflo travel systems were on clearance at my store. Not sure how much they were though.

My Target Adventure:

I took my little boy to Target with me, which I rarely do since he gets into everything.

While I was searching for the cheapest batteries, there was a triangular horizontal column on the floor of the display aisle shelf, probably for wires. I wasn't kidding when I said my son gets into everything. Well, he had peeked underneath it, and lo and behold, there were various items stored there.

There was no way these items could have gotten there accidentally. I thought about leaving them there, since someone had gone through obvious effort to store them there, but curiosity got the better of me and I fished out one of the items. It was an Energizer rechargable battery station that came with 4 AA and 2 AAA. The clearance sticker said original price was 16.99 and sale price was 11.89. When I scanned it, the price came up as 4.24.

So then, I laid down flat on the floor, like an idiot, using my cell phone was flashlight. I would have been humiliated if someone came into the aisle, but no one did. I could see a video game, a memory card, and a pack of razors. I'm pretty sure all had clearance stickers.

Since I was looking for AA batteries, I bought these, but wasn't sure if I should have informed someone about the rest of the stash.

That is absolutely hilarious. I say ones loss is your gain. I've had my stash taken plenty of times. I give big thumbs up to those who find it. Shame on me for wanting it cheaper.. Good for you!

:yup::g_dance::g_clap::gdclap::gdnum1::clapping::g_thumbri:gdthums:

I also got these for 75% off today too:

### 092.08.0556 Faraday (Shake) Flashlight (orig. 13.99)

### 002.10.0162 Trunk Organizer (orig. 10.00)

### 002.10.0258BBQ Fork (orig. 10.00)

These items are only supposed to be 30% off (that's what they scanned at), but they were on a shelf with light bulbs with a sign that said 75% off or more. I asked a team member about the price and he scanned them and said the sign was wrong, but that he'd give them to me for 75% off since that's what the sign said. As he was removing the sign he laughed and said "Our dept manager just stocked these on the shelf today." Then he walked over to another team member to laugh and tell him about the pricing mistake the manager made.

I was looking at some sporting goods this morning and overheard the toy manager at my local store tell someone that she had 2 pallets of clearance toys that needed to come out to the floor. So, for those who have been complaining about the toy clearance being so sparse, it looks like we may be seeing more soon. Let's hope so, anyway! Ours hasn't been looking too hot, either, so I was glad to hear it.

I was looking at some sporting goods this morning and overheard the toy manager at my local store tell someone that she had 2 pallets of clearance toys that needed to come out to the floor. So, for those who have been complaining about the toy clearance being so sparse, it looks like we may be seeing more soon. Let's hope so, anyway! Ours hasn't been looking too hot, either, so I was glad to hear it.

Try as I may, I couldn't find a salivating smilie.

My store had 4 endcaps full of toys (still at 30% off), plus clearance items in the aisles. There wasn't a single thing I was interested in purchasing.

My store had 4 endcaps full of toys (still at 30% off), plus clearance items in the aisles. There wasn't a single thing I was interested in purchasing.

Well, let's hope there'll be more. I know that in January I was surprised by finding several items at 75% off that I hadn't seen at my local stores. So, maybe things will improve. In years past they have added more along the way, and I would not be surprised to see more coming. Particularly things like Legos since I know that several of the Indiana Jones sets are being discontinued by Lego. So, there is still hope.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drooling/drooling-4.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drooling/drooling-5.gif

Well, let's hope there'll be more. I know that in January I was surprised by finding several items at 75% off that I hadn't seen at my local stores. So, maybe things will improve. In years past they have added more along the way, and I would not be surprised to see more coming. Particularly things like Legos since I know that several of the Indiana Jones sets are being discontinued by Lego. So, there is still hope.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drooling/drooling-4.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drooling/drooling-5.gif

I will keep my fingers crossed for more stuff! :) Maybe I will be able to get the summer (plastic) dump truck for 50% or 75% off this time. I missed out last year. :no:

At my Target tonite, I noticed that the aisles in the outdoor furniture area have been filled with what apparently is the remainder of the backroom inventory of outdoor furniture -- boxes piled taller than me of chairs, tables, ottomans, etc.

My good guess is that they brought it all out in anticipation of the outdoor furniture going to 75% in the morning. I'll be there bright and early in the hopes that I'm right! I'll be sure to report back when I get home. :D

At my Target tonite, I noticed that the aisles in the outdoor furniture area have been filled with what apparently is the remainder of the backroom inventory of outdoor furniture -- boxes piled taller than me of chairs, tables, ottomans, etc.

My good guess is that they brought it all out in anticipation of the outdoor furniture going to 75% in the morning. I'll be there bright and early in the hopes that I'm right! I'll be sure to report back when I get home. :D

Hmmm...could be if they skip 50%. Most places are still at 30% right now. But one of my stores is mixed 30%-50%. I got some nice folding lawn chairs for the kids now that they've outgrown the little bitty ones. That store has already started setting BTS.

My hunch was wrong. :(

I raced to Target this morning and found all of the outdoor furniture still at 50%. I asked an employee who was prepping for back to school nearby, and she said it will go to 75% most likely on Monday and definitely by Tuesday.

I couldn't go till lunch not expecting them to have anything left. I was surprised nothing had been marked down any further. (still 30, little 50) They were setting up the BTS displays there too. Glad I didn't need anything. Was surprised things in kids, toys, nothing marked down since last week........pretty sad. Edited by 1angelnhvn