Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

On the Spiderman Quads...I forgot to put this in my original post...the second Target I went to yesterday also had these at FULL price. So odd that they would be 75% at one store and full price at the other. There were 2 of them on clearance, too, so I don't think it was a return or "as-is" thing.

Who knows? I wish I would have gotten the other one while I was there, but it was sitting in a cart kind of away from the other one, and I was afraid that it was "claimed" by someone who stepped away from their cart. Didn't want to be stealing someone else's deal!

N Garland down to a handful of items, but sitting right there on the clearance shelf were the moon sand, star wars figure/puzzle, and tons of plastic eggs!! They had sold out of the eggs before Easter and this morning there were loads for 75% off.

###087090209 Star Wars 100pc puzzle w/figure 1.74 was 6.99

###086002403 Moonsand 1.24 was 4.99

###240041215 Plastic eggs .19 was .79

###240041121 Batman Easter grass .57 was 2.29

###Blue dot clearance 50% off (still marked 30% off, but ringing 50%)

I think 90% will be a bust this year . . . but I'm such a sucker, I'll probably still make the pilgrimage!

38th Street (west side) in Indy went 75 off today. Still had lots of toddler toys but no LPS or princess things. They still had alot of plush, baskets (fancier kinds), grash, towel and potholder sets, and tons of candy eggs. Had it spread out with the bulk items partial in each aisle and easter on the other side......

Found 6 Kelly Easter dolls in the regular aisle. (thanks previous poster for that suggestion) Also found several of the hotwheel packages. Also a Little People Easter set. All in the regular aisles.. all 75% off. I agree with another previous poster I think they put more stuff out because I looked on those aisles when it went 50% off. If you can find those musical jumping ropes, they are adorable and they were 74c

Went to another Target this morn. (CT) - Easter is 75%. Still lots of goodies. Even scored one lonely bag of caramel filled hershey's kisses.

Got another LPS set, Cars and Hello kitty egg decorating kits, MLP set, Bunny & Bird playdo, some books, 2 plush baskets for ds (one batman for halloween and another robot something (very cute) will put on his dresser for accessories and creams and what not...)

More bubbles (I'm so set with bubbles for this summer..) Also I got the Toy Story Bubble gift basket that comes with 4 bottles of bobbles and some other goodies. I don't think it mentions Easter on these so might be a good idea to split up for goodie bags for Summer B-days..

Also got Crayola gift basket. Prob. some other stuff that I'm forgetting too..

Also I walked right straight to the customer service and returned 4 things (hotwheels, kelly doll, Diego bubbles, etc.) with my old 50% receipt, no questions asked!!! Got the 50% price back and got to keep the 75% one all to myself. Very happy about that too!!!

Just got back from Target (suburbs of Chicago) and they had everything at 75% off. I got a really nice cook book called "kids treats". It has a picture on the front of easter cakes, but there are 224 spiral bound pages of treats for every occasion. Came out to $2.24. I got a MLP, LPS, and Disney princess easter set for DD7. Also got a hubba bubba pez like dispenser and a tube of barrets and hair ties. Scored a bag of regular hersheys kisses in easter colors and a bubble set. They had spongebob matchbox cars and color changing ones, but DS10 isn't interested in those anymore so I left them. They had tons of table linens, easter socks, dish towels, cake pans, plastic eggs, egg coloring kits, chocolate bunnies, stuffed bunnies, pixos sets, rubix cube keychains, several sets of 6 pack disney eggs filled with disney keychains, and on and on and on. Wonder if there will be much left for the 90% off sale. I might have to go back!

I went to a different Target today and was surprised to see not only 75% off but a huge selection at 11 a.m.! :eyepoppin I rebought all the toys I had previously bought at 50%, plus found two of the polly pocket disney princess sets, a ton of coloring books, some plastic cups with flowers on them (will be great for the kids to take outside this summer), two play-doh buckets and some other random things. Yay!!!!

Also I walked right straight to the customer service and returned 4 things (hotwheels, kelly doll, Diego bubbles, etc.) with my old 50% receipt, no questions asked!!! Got the 50% price back and got to keep the 75% one all to myself. Very happy about that too!!!

Ah...I sure wish we could do that! No way, now how around here. You get the lower price and that is all.

Our other store went 75% off today. They had pulled 5 carts of stuff off the Easter shelves a couple of days ago, and it had been sitting in GS. I returned a few things I had changed my mind about last night, and found SOME of them and the rest of the 5 carts sitting out where I could sort through them to get some more stuff. I said something to the manager of the cashier's who was working, and she said they were going to charge them all back, so get stuff quick. Interesting....

Just got back from Target (suburbs of Chicago) and they had everything at 75% off. I got a really nice cook book called "kids treats". It has a picture on the front of easter cakes, but there are 224 spiral bound pages of treats for every occasion. Came out to $2.24. I got a MLP, LPS, and Disney princess easter set for DD7. Also got a hubba bubba pez like dispenser and a tube of barrets and hair ties. Scored a bag of regular hersheys kisses in easter colors and a bubble set. They had spongebob matchbox cars and color changing ones, but DS10 isn't interested in those anymore so I left them. They had tons of table linens, easter socks, dish towels, cake pans, plastic eggs, egg coloring kits, chocolate bunnies, stuffed bunnies, pixos sets, rubix cube keychains, several sets of 6 pack disney eggs filled with disney keychains, and on and on and on. Wonder if there will be much left for the 90% off sale. I might have to go back!

I got that one too :)

dang, I havent made it to the Easter clearance yet, and now we are supposed to get 1-2 feet of snow =(

I am in Utah and we got hammered with that storm yesterday and this morning! Lots of rain and then about 6 inches on my lawn this morning! Grr.....I want spring.

I also haven't been to the Easter clearance, I did go last week (right before Easter) and I was really, really disappointed with the whole store. I used to go while ds was at preschool once or twice a week, but now it just doesn't even seem worth the stop lately. :(

dang, I havent made it to the Easter clearance yet, and now we are supposed to get 1-2 feet of snow =(

We got a load yesterday too. I went in yesterday thinking it went 75% off, should of waiting to today

Finds

###057060260 Energizer Compact charger, no batteries $4.98 50% off, I found one with batteries that was included

###Hi Speed USB 2.0 15 n 1 reader/writer was $24.99 marked $5.91

### Hi Spped USB 2.0 Cable $3.81 was $10.99

Tons of electronic items marked 50% including Dual DVD players for cars Tru Tech $78.xx which was 50% off

Edited by Stowasser

May I ask which location had the cookbook? Thanks. Hoffman Estates had lots of Hot Wheels sets and Kelly dolls.

May I ask which location had the cookbook? Thanks. Hoffman Estates had lots of Hot Wheels sets and Kelly dolls.

It was the Matteson location. I live closer to Bourbonnais but was passing through Matteson and there were very few cars in the lot so I figured I would check it out. I only found one though. If I happen to come across another somewhere I'll keep ya in mind!

Where did you find the cookbook? Was it w/ the books or the Easter clearance?

Our store had an aisle of clearance left tonight. It was an odd assortment of stuff. Lots of baskets, eggs, grass, and plush. A few odd toys. I had to dig through the 2 buggies of stuff an employee brought out to find any "good" toys. There were also several bags of Hershey's chocolate eggs, Starburst jellybeans, Jolly rancher jellybeans, robins eggs, and chocolate bunnies (Dove and Russell Stover's)

I looked through the regular toy aisles for misplaced toys and found nothing.

I would consider that YMMV.

Holiday and Seasonal Merchandise Refunds: Holiday and seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of return will be refunded at the current clearance price.

http://www.target.com/b/183-9460972-5932366?ie=UTF8&node=10665391

Mine was at 75% to my surprise! Quicker than I had anticipated but any how I scored some color changing Easter Hot Wheels for a $1.74ea. I also picked up a pair of Simpsons socks over at the dollar spot. After all I am a huge Simpsons fan so I couldn't pass those up even though they won't fit my big 'ol size 13s!:g_laughin

Not exactly YMMV, more like your state may vary. The corporate policy is as stated on the site, they give you the current sale price. But some states do not allow that, so you get back whatever you paid in those states.

I saw that they had a childs leather type chair marked 15% off and I was wondering when they would be marking it down again. I would LOVE to get this for my granddaughter because if she spills something on it I can just wipe it clean.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Not sure.. I was reading another Target Perm. Perus. thread on another Deal Board and almost every member on there said they always return things and never have a problem..

Some people reported that they read the policy somewhere on a wall I gather and it did state that Holiday returns are adjusted to the current store price but they still never had a problem as the actual CS desk.. I was actually surprised they were all saying that, since on this board I always read the opposite opinion. But of course it also worked for me so I DUNNO???

It was the Matteson location. I live closer to Bourbonnais but was passing through Matteson and there were very few cars in the lot so I figured I would check it out. I only found one though. If I happen to come across another somewhere I'll keep ya in mind!

Thanks! I'll keep looking. I also found a children's book in the book section. Not sure, but it may have been called "Hoppy Easter." Really cute. Pictures of the characters are in motion as you turn each page. It was 75% also, maybe 2.xx? I didn't purchase it, so not positive on price.

Not sure.. I was reading another Target Perm. Perus. thread on another Deal Board and almost every member on there said they always return things and never have a problem..

Some people reported that they read the policy somewhere on a wall I gather and it did state that Holiday returns are adjusted to the current store price but they still never had a problem as the actual CS desk.. I was actually surprised they were all saying that, since on this board I always read the opposite opinion. But of course it also worked for me so I DUNNO???

It is ONLY holiday returns, and, again, some states do not allow the policy to be upheld. They probably still use the same signage regardless of state because some people will read it and not try. It is not a matter of employee or store choice. It is handled by the computer. So the employee is not able to override it.

getting mad at Target these days .. dollar section goes to 75% off by Frinday usually not this time .. only 30% still .also dont let me combine coupons and what not

you have to put your foot down otherwise cashier just says no .. so basically if u have to use the coupons have more time in ur hand . i guess