Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

What is everyone looking for tomorrow? I want moon sand, those small nerf type guns, some LPS packs and a few other little toys I am forgetting. Of course I'll try and get some easter paper towels, ziploc containers....

Paper Towels and Ziploc Containers? I didn't see any of those at my Target!

I can't remember from last year but were the Spring Oreo's marked down or did you have to fight for those?

Paper Towels and Ziploc Containers? I didn't see any of those at my Target!

I can't remember from last year but were the Spring Oreo's marked down or did you have to fight for those?

What are Spring Oreo's? (There's a coupon on Target.com for two Oreo's would those qualify or is that coupon for some specific type/brand of Oreos (it says Nabisco but I have never really paid any attention whether all Ores cookies are made by Nabisco or by diff. brands..)

Anyone bringing (know of any coupons) to make the deals sweater? (I'm just bringing Hersheys ones..)

What is everyone looking for tomorrow? I want moon sand, those small nerf type guns, some LPS packs and a few other little toys I am forgetting. Of course I'll try and get some easter paper towels, ziploc containers....

I would love to score some of those bubbles for summer and hot wheels and some other small toys to take with us on vacation.. I also need more Crayola Wonder.. Maybe some chocolate..

There was still quite a bit left on Tuesday here, too. Even Thursday. It got wiped out Friday & Saturday alone. It was pretty amazing. People were asking for stuff, and they were all saying "sold out."

They open at the normal 8am on Monday. And yes, it should be automatically marked down. Though it seems like there were some stores that didn't go 50% after Valentine's Day, so we'll see what happens.

Actually, I just noticed that they have Easter clearance 50% advertised in the on-line ad.. So I guess that means it will be 50% when they open on Mon. (Though I do find it strange that it says prices valid starting Sun even though they are closed on Sun..oops..)

Actually, I just noticed that they have Easter clearance 50% advertised in the on-line ad.. So I guess that means it will be 50% when they open on Mon. (Though I do find it strange that it says prices valid starting Sun even though they are closed on Sun..oops..)

The ad prices are good online as well as in the store (for the items that they sell online) and you could shop online on Sunday.

Was at Target at 9 a.m. today - only one isle of stuff left - marked 50%. Not sure what's missing though since I can't remember what was there before.. No chocolate candy though.. Only found one Large Hershey Bliss Bunny ($2 plus used two coupons for $2 so got it for FREE) Also only found one bag of Dove choc. eggs..

Still had plenty left of little toys, pixos, doodle, baskets, jelly beans, marshmallow, fleece blankets, stuff animals, etc...

Got toys to take on vacation: 2 pkgs. of diff. LPS, one pkg. of hot wheels 5 pk, one pkg. of sesame street cars - 3 pk, one pkg of hot wheels 2-pk cars that chng. color in water, small kite, playdo in eggs, kelly doll plus bubbles with a whistle and other bubbles..

How's everyone else made out?

I picked up two nice books (Duck's Dance or something similar), padded covers, pull tabs for the preschoolers for next year. Cadbury eggs for DD, Lindt lambs for me. No show socks for DD, infant socks (service project for Girl Scouts). The plastic cutlery sets were full price, so I didn't buy any. They did have dish towels, finger tip towels, lots of hot wheels, baskets, small finger kites, peanut butter eggs....but not a lot of stuff. There were some kitchen chair cushions--tan/grey with a blueish cording that were part of the clearance if anyone needs them.

I went to two Targets...the first one at 8 AM. It was already pretty wiped out. I did manage to get 2 Littlest Pet Shop decorate a pets, a Fisher Price Shake-n-Go car, a pirate lego(small box), a Star Wars lego pack (small bag), some air foil kites and two of the chair cushions mentioned in the above post. If anyone sees 2 more, please let me know:)

The second Target I went to still had a bunch of stuff at 9:30 AM. I got a couple of Littlest Pet Shop Spring pets, 2 My Little Ponies, 2 Doodle Pro's, 2 Etch a Sketch's, an Elmo bubble Easter basket, 2 small Disney See-N-Says, a Tek 6 Foam Dart Gun, a larger Skyfoil kite, another Fisher Price Shake-N-Go car, 6 pack of My Little Pony Easter eggs (really wanted some of these for next Easter), some Play Dough eggs, a plush throw, a couple of kitchen hand towel sets and a bunch of M&M's, Butterfingers, Snickers and Lifesavers candy.

Quite dissapointed with both of my Targets this AM. I managed to get a few of the 3 packs of empty eggs (Elmo with bunny ears, McQueen, carrots, camouflage and bunnies) because they were in a cart weith stuff to return to the Easter area but other than that what a bust.......

:( Went to the Target by my work on my lunch break to get some Easter CANDY. 1/2 aisle left of Easter items with about 20 people in it. From what I could see, just looked like all the easter basket fillers, toys, decor but no candy. Hopefully the Target by my home has some candy left at 5pm tonight! :no:

So do you all think not having a lot left as in the past is due to (1) the stores not stocking a whole lot, (2) people bought a bunch on fri/sat or (3) they boxed the overage and shipped it back? I was at Walmart (yesterday) and Meijer (today) and only managed to get six bag of Kisses at Meijer. Neither store had much of any candy left. Glad I didn't venture out of town to Target this a.m. even tho I was off work. I didn't make it to Kroger. They seemed to have a ton on fri but don't know about now.

So do you all think not having a lot left as in the past is due to (1) the stores not stocking a whole lot, (2) people bought a bunch on fri/sat or (3) they boxed the overage and shipped it back? I was at Walmart (yesterday) and Meijer (today) and only managed to get six bag of Kisses at Meijer. Neither store had much of any candy left. Glad I didn't venture out of town to Target this a.m. even tho I was off work. I didn't make it to Kroger. They seemed to have a ton on fri but don't know about now.

I think they boxed the extra. They had TONS at my 2 Targets on Thursday and then this AM pretty much wiped out. I just don't believe that there was a mad rush Friday and Saturday and that people bought all of it- too much was gone. Perhaps they also had less because of the economy. It doesn't even look like either of my Ts will go 75%- there was hardly anything at 50% :(

I think they just stocked less of it to begin with. I was at Target on Friday night and the aisles were packed with shoppers and the shelves were already bare. Most of the chocolate was already gone.

I was at Target this morning and I overheard some of their team meeting. The leader was telling them about the 50% off clearance and if something isn't coming up, there were NOT to mark them down with getting a mgr. to authorize. He said Spring colors don't mean Easter clearance or something like that. Then he was telling them about how they've been trying to catch all of the things that are hidden or out of place throughout the store and everything Easter belongs in the easter clearance section.

After the meeting every single aisle in the food section had ee's fixing the shelves and pulling out things that didn't belong. I don't know if they do that on a regular basis but if anyone had anything stashed, it was sure to be found. Not looking good for 75% at all.

I think that most retailers including Target have scaled way back on what they order. I'm seeing that in most everything, aside from holiday/seasonal stuff, when I go to Target (which is much less frequently now) :(.

I was roaming one of the store's this morning before my gym class and saw a big binder sitting in the cart that was titled, "Target Retail Plan 2009." I thought that might make a fun read!! :shock: I'm sure it was probably a bunch of boring documents that I wouldn't even understand, but it would have been fun to take a peek! I'm definitely not that bold though.

I was trying to do the Target coupon deal with the Easter marshmallows. (There is a coup out there that saves you a dollar when you buy marshmallows and honey grahams...) Anyway, they had all the strawberry flavored marshmallows in the Easter aisle with the duck/bunny themed marshmallows. When I scanned them though, the strawberry ones did not ring 1/2 price. The others did. Just a heads up if you bought some. You might check your receipt. At the very least, it may require cashier intervention. Or, maybe it was just at this particular store. I didn't care enough to ask about it. The ducks were fine with me! It was a fairly decent deal since I needed some crackers anyway. Plus I had a manufacturers coup as well.

My target had a ton of stuff left. I wasn't sure if they would since it seemed others were finding theirs were empty. But mine had tons of candy and toys, eggs etc. This is a pretty busy one too. So i picked up some geotrax, cars, thomas etc stuff and the rest I will wait since I don't really need them if they are not there at 75%.

My target had a ton of stuff left. I wasn't sure if they would since it seemed others were finding theirs were empty. But mine had tons of candy and toys, eggs etc. This is a pretty busy one too. So i picked up some geotrax, cars, thomas etc stuff and the rest I will wait since I don't really need them if they are not there at 75%.

which store in michigan?

I didnt even get to go until mid afternoon due to a doctors appt and storms, and was sure i would find nothing, but I lucked out- I really just wanted the Yo Gabba Gabba and Thomas sets for my 3 yr old and they still had them.. whew! there was a pretty good bit left in general. I was also conned into stuffed ducks :rolleyes:by my two girls but they were only $3 so it was ok. They had crammed everything onto one aisle and were resetting the bulk stuff.

Stopped by another Target tonight and no chocolate candy what-so-ever. (Was really looking forward to using the Hershey's Bliss coupons for free with overage candy but oh well)

I literally only picked up one Easter thing - eggs with My Little Ponies inside.

Also there's Aveeno Baby lotion and/or body wash/shampoo 30% (I think?) It's in baby section on the end cap for $4.29 plus you can use a $2 coupon good on any Aveeno product.

Easter had nothing that I wanted - I only wanted the chocolate. :(

Roaming over in the stationery aisle, they had moved a lot of the dollar stuff that was previously there over to an end cap - lots of post its, notepads, etc. I might go back later this week and stock up for random little Christmas gifts later this year.

Otherwise, there isn't a lot of clearance right now. :(

I went to Target in Commerce MI yesterday and they had a ton of stuff left. Three full aisles and some end caps.

I am headed to my moms house today and I plan on going to the Target by her to see if they have anything left today.

In the hardware section there is alot of tools half off. Most of it is Stanley, I took care of Fathers day there yesterday. I bought a hobby kit for myself that had everything from a glue gun to wire clippers and everything in between. It was almost 20.00 down to 9.98. It was also in a nice slotted tool case to keep everything together.

Also some flash lights were half off.

If anyone has one of those intex type swimming pools, today I found two of the gallon bottles of liquid chlorinator / shock treatment. The shelf tag was marked $4.14 and they scanned that way too. I could be wrong, but I think this was last year's clearance price. This stuff is usually more than that.

### 091-11-0385 - Liquid chlorinator / shock 1 gal - $4.14

Went to the target by my house and they had just half an aisle left too. LOTS of marshmellows, toys, and place setting items.

All I wanted was some chocolate! Went to 2 Walgreens just to find some 50% dove/m&m chocolates. Such a bummer as easter has the best candy.