Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Has anyone tried the funkeys. I bought the starter kit and few extra characters, but not sure if they are any good. Funkeys are about the only clearance thing left at my store.

THanks!

My ds 12 has over 20 of these funkeys. He lives for looking for new ones. I bought a starter kit and a few funkeys for my gs 6 for christmas and my ds 25, has taken it over. He calls me from different stores when he's out shopping to have me look at the chart and see what funkeys are very rare, He will only buy the very rare ones as you get extra benefits on the game if a funkey is rare. My son is now waiting for the new Hidden Realm funkeys to be in the stores. Also beware there is a new update and there are a lot of issues with it. We couldn't get it downloaded so we went to the funkey forum and was told not to load the game from the CD or you will have trouble loading the updates. Go to Mattel, service and download it from there.

I cannot believe the gall of people who are hiding sale items so no one else can buy them until they make up their minds to do so. It has nothing to do with the store, I think it is awful to do this to other shoppers like myself who are out looking for something and not able to find it because someone has HIDDEN it to keep others from getting it first. What is this country coming to when people are doing sneaky stuff like this to other shoppers. what happened to everyone helping each other.

I saw to each their own. I had hid stuff before, waiting for it to be marked down some more. And I have found things that are hidden. It may not be right, but there is no way to stop people from doing it. Instead try to find some of the hiding spots. BF before last I found 2 of the large sets of Lego for 12.48 regular 49.99. They were pushed behind some of the other Lego sets on the top shelf. They had to be from the Start of School Clearance.

I also saw a section where it had 75% Tags Friday now has 30% tags with a bit of merchandise. The only thing that caught my attention and I scanned since I thought they would be 75% were these really long (around three feet maybe) fire truck and semi truck sets with the lights and sirens. There were a few other things (about a quarter of an aisle on one side) but nothing else that I paid attention to. These are toys that I hadn't seen at any of the 8 Targets that I shop at. This one also had the Christmas Flannel sheet set at 30% even though the other stores went 90% on these with xmas clearance. Not sure if some stores just do their own thing or what!

They brought out those fire trucks last Thursday at our store, and they were 30% off. I just happened to notice and chatted with the toy manager about them. Sounds like just the standard stuff, probably a few new items clearanced.

**Thanks! Yes, that's the one I've been seeing with the clearance sign next to it. I've been scanning it periodically but it's been coming up at 30% at the most. Maybe I'll go and try it Today. Hopefully they still have some left.

We use Corelle as our everyday dishes and we already have two sets (no cups though) but I don't care too much about it matching. I just love the way it's so light and supposedly not easy to break as we do have two little ones. Although I have to say I had a cereal bowl fall into a sink once and it smashed into a million little pieces. Kind of reminded me of the safety glass.. Not sure if that's better than farfor (sp?) breaking.

Check Corelle's website. They have items on clearance.

I also saw a section where it had 75% Tags Friday now has 30% tags with a bit of merchandise. The only thing that caught my attention and I scanned since I thought they would be 75% were these really long (around three feet maybe) fire truck and semi truck sets with the lights and sirens. There were a few other things (about a quarter of an aisle on one side) but nothing else that I paid attention to. These are toys that I hadn't seen at any of the 8 Targets that I shop at. This one also had the Christmas Flannel sheet set at 30% even though the other stores went 90% on these with xmas clearance. Not sure if some stores just do their own thing or what!

YES!!! That is what was at my store----tonka firetrucks and car transporters.

If anyone in the DFW area has one of those 75% off Globe to spare I'd love to buy it from you for whatever you paid for it. In return I have a brand new Wii Fit that I bought for a friend but don't need it anymore. I would be happy to let you have it for the price I paid. It's still sealed, in box.

I saw the following items on clearance at different Targets over the weekend. Women's night gowns, pajamas and shirts clearanced 75% off. Thermals were marked 50% off. A bunch of shoes were 75% off (mostly high heeled stuff and rain boots).

I scored the baby trend sit in stand for $32.xx i'm thinking it was either a return or they found it in the back. Our store had two to begin with, and they were gone at 30%..I'm wondering if an employee stuck it in the back or something and another brought it out. I got lucky! Also found the fisher price pink power plus swing for $22.xx.

I'm from the Cincinnati area - which store did you find these at??

ljl3185, any chance you have found the Tag system? I've looked all over for my son's birthday.. cannot find one anywhere. Let me know if you are looking for anything.

I have been to the Beechmont, Milford, and Fields Ertle Targets in the last 2 weeks. I haven't really looked for any toys (my son has wayyyyyy too many toys as is lol). I have really only been looking for baby stuff. I am due in April and I'm trying to get things ready for as cheap as possible. About the best thing that I have found is a Fisher Price Rainforest portable swing - reg. $89.99 for $22.xx. I would love to have that stroller though. I was at the Fields Ertle store Saturday and they had no baby equipment whatsoever :(

The baby sales around here have been very hit or miss. Nothing has been marked down here on Mondays except clothes so I keep checking back and even go in the evening and also the next morning-everything is GONE. They are either donating it or something. This year has been very odd that I haven't been able to get ONE thing I wanted. The sit n stand is all I wanted but had my eye on the rainforest swing as well. No luck. All 8 of them were gone this morning when I went in. I skipped one or two days last week and I guess that's when they got marked down...... I missed it!

Funny, i was at the Fields Ertel store too on Saturday.. I made it a day trip and went around to the different targets. I have a two month old baby girl.. ALL of the baby stuff is gone :( Guess i missed the big baby sale. My almost four year old has way to many toys also.. but i'm stocking up for his Birthday and Christmas.

One thing I only thought of as an afterthought but with all of these GREAT Toy Prices it is nice to pick things up for grandparents house if the kids spend any time there. My dd3 and ds1 have just started going consistently once a week to see their grandparents so if this trend continues I know I will be looking for some games and building/crafts kinds of things comes Summer clearance.

I've sent kids on Saturday with Playskool Clipo Creativity Table and they all had a blast!!!

My ds 12 has over 20 of these funkeys. He lives for looking for new ones. I bought a starter kit and a few funkeys for my gs 6 for christmas and my ds 25, has taken it over. He calls me from different stores when he's out shopping to have me look at the chart and see what funkeys are very rare, He will only buy the very rare ones as you get extra benefits on the game if a funkey is rare. My son is now waiting for the new Hidden Realm funkeys to be in the stores. Also beware there is a new update and there are a lot of issues with it. We couldn't get it downloaded so we went to the funkey forum and was told not to load the game from the CD or you will have trouble loading the updates. Go to Mattel, service and download it from there.

My boys 10, 7, and 4 LOVE funkeys. I got them the ones 75% off that they don't have. That is for Valentine's or Easter, haven't decided. I also found them in 2 packs at WalMart on clearance for $1 for the 2 pack! I bought 4 packs (that was the only designs)

Hmm.. I read your review and I was curious so we opened ours Today. Well, it was actually last night but directions said to charge it first for 8 hrs. so we didn't get to test it until Today. I have to say I had the complete opposite experience with it so far.. We turned it on and hubby kept saying how cool this thing is and how it is well worth the 37.xx. Now, my hubby is big time into Blu-ray technology and high definition (he's very up-to-date on TV/DVD stuff) so he doesn't get easily impressed but he LOVED this DVD player.

It seems very sturdy and easy to operate. No problems with resolution what-so-ever. We did have a minor problem in the beginning, as per my hubby's words, when he first turned it on the player didn't work. It would not play anything and after careful inspection hubby noticed a little piece of plastic stuck in the place where the reader is (I have no idea where that is.) So he used our Laptop blower/cleaner and once the plastic got blown away it started working like a charm!

I also want to mention that the charging-blinking light was only on for a few hours (not entire 8 hrs.) Not sure if that meant battery got completely charged much sooner but we kept charging it for full 8 hrs. just in case.

So far I'm happy about this purchase!!

Glad yours was fine, but I now see why it wasn't rated very well. The other thing we noticed was that the cover didn't open wide. I can see my kids EASILY scratching dvd's while putting them in. We're going to opt for a regular portable dvd player; too bad I won't find one for $37!

Edited by sfven
spelling

I caved today and finally bought one of the Little Einstein rockets. I have seen them several times, but never bought it. After reading everyone's comments here I thought I would get one if I had seen it again. Went to Target today and they had one left so I got it. Hopefully my DS (2) will like it.

Is there a schedule for Color Wonder stuff to go on clearance? I remmember reading about Tinker Bell ones being sold super cheap a while back but never found any..

Also I wonder if I read the thread from last year (this time period) will that give me an idea what to look for being clearanced next or is it completely different from year to year.. I guess maybe someone who has shopped at Target for years can answer this one. Thanks.

Is there a schedule for Color Wonder stuff to go on clearance? I remmember reading about Tinker Bell ones being sold super cheap a while back but never found any..

Also I wonder if I read the thread from last year (this time period) will that give me an idea what to look for being clearanced next or is it completely different from year to year.. I guess maybe someone who has shopped at Target for years can answer this one. Thanks.

I found some color wonder stuff at Michael's on clearance. It was not super cheap like Target clearance prices, but it was reasonable (about 50% off). That was last Friday.

I did buy some of the Tinkerbell color wonders from Target. I don't remember when though. I think it was only a few months before CHristmas when I got mine. They were $1.xx each.

###097-04-0831 Circo medium bookcase espresso finish 59.98 (50% off)

It was in the kid aisle in bedding and is very nice- at least the picture on the box is. Must be sturdy because it weighs a ton. They also had a white medium bookcase with beadboard finish that was half off- I think around $65.