Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Guest mzannetti

That's what i was told at one of my Targets. I asked about certain things going from 50-75% and she said, "It TOTALLY depends on our inventory for that item."

It makes it so hard to decide if I should just get something at the 50% before it sells out but then if more people buy them they'll go to 75% then they'll REALLY sell out! So confusing...

buy one at 50%. then if you get it at 75% return the other one. that is what i did for christmas clearance items.

Hey guys, I'm sending a msg. to my friend about this awesome Toy sale but her daughter is only 6 month old. so I also want to let her know about the Baby sale.. What % is that now?? Is it the same with the Baby section the stuff keeps being marked lower and will eventually get to 75% off? Do we know aprox. when that will happen?? I guess I've been seeing talks of Baby stuff being marked on Mondays so is that what you guys do, just check every Monday for new mark-downs?? This thread has gotten so long it's too hard to go back and find any info and my kids are toddlers/preschoolers now so I haven't been following that discussion. (Too bad I didn't know any of this when my kids were babies!!!)

buy one at 50%. then if you get it at 75% return the other one. that is what i did for christmas clearance items.

That's what I was thinking of doing but there are posts here that mention you only get what the clearance item is scanning for at the time of the return. This policy is for clearance/seasonal merchandise (but not for regular merchandise). Is that not true?

Has anyone in the KC area been to the Oak Park Target? Is it worth stopping by? I'll be in that area this morning, but not sure it's worth dragging the kids in.

No it's not. They didn't really have as much as other stores to begin with. I was there yesterday afternoon and everything was picked through. Unless you are looking for stuff that's 50% off, I wouldn't go out in this yucky weather just for that store. :no:

That's what I was thinking of doing but there are posts here that mention you only get what the clearance item is scanning for at the time of the return. This policy is for clearance/seasonal merchandise (but not for regular merchandise). Is that not true?

If you have the receipt of the item bought at say 30% off, you will get what you paid for it, even if the same item is now at 75% off.

Guest mzannetti

If you have the receipt of the item bought at say 30% off, you will get what you paid for it, even if the same item is now at 75% off.

yep. i usually buy 10 things and return a few each time i go. stuff the wife does not like or things we got cheaper.

just keep your receipt. we have a folder.

just two days ago i returned a holiday PJ set we bought at $3.74 because we got it for $1.50 and could not figure out who we can give it to.

Someone posted that they got Our Generation Dolls on clearance. The stores in my town - and in my mom's town - still have them at full price. Has anyone else seen them on clearance? I am wondering if they will go down when they get around to fininshing this toy clearance thing or if it was a one-store deal. TIA.

i got one yesterday for $5.xx at my store, so maybe they will go down at yours.

Anyone see Spike lower than 50%?

If you do, please let me know!

Yes, I got him yesterday for 75% off ($32.48) Here is the dpci

####204033058 Spike the Dinosaur

I also find this format tedious, but I'm happy to go look something up on my receipt if someone wants to ask specifically. Doing this during the toy sale though is really kind of futile (IMO). Nothing is going to stay on the shelf very long at 75% off. I think we were all witness to that in some way or another yesterday. Occasionally we will get lucky and find something that isn't stickered or is a return and get lucky, but during this sale it's pretty much just find and grab.

Maybe I'm missing the point to how exactly people are using this dpci list format - with the ###. Do you go into the store and just start entering numbers into the aisle scanners to see if it's available? Or do you call the store??? I guess I don't use it, so maybe I'm just outta the loop on how it's used.

So.........did anyone see stuff marked down further today than it was yesterday? I am trying to figure out if I should go back. I really want to find a FP dvd player for 75%, yesterday they were 50%.

Didn't find any new markdowns at a store I went back to check this morning. I was looking for the FP DVD player too. It's still 50% off at my store.

Maybe I'm missing the point to how exactly people are using this dpci list format - with the ###. Do you go into the store and just start entering numbers into the aisle scanners to see if it's available? Or do you call the store??? I guess I don't use it, so maybe I'm just outta the loop on how it's used.

If you go to the first page of the Target forum page down, it just lists all the findings by the date they were entered without all of the extra discussions.

###064053498 Pooh Lighted Bath Hoodie

###249110076 Gaming Ottoman

###082030183 Tony Hawk Freestyle Bike (I am gonna be the favorite Aunt this x-mas, lol)

###207121773 Playstation Game, can't remember the name, but it looks fun

###082060131 Inline skates for my daughter (I'm hoping she can fit them at xmas-they are size 5)

###086000993 Little People Doodle Pro

###086002381 Disney Sticker Maker

###249110072 Shark Boomchair $27.48

###204040898 Leap Frog Crammer $14.98

###2086001074 Project and Draw $9.98

###086001343 Mad Science Dinosaur Curator $3.94

###087050607 Air Hogs $14.98

###087061199 Indiana Jones Sword $3.75

###087101730 Horton Hears a Who game $4.98

###204033035 Guitar Elmo $8.24 (OMG he is soooo cute!)

###204100504 Word World Magnetic set $5.94

###204110513 National Geographic projector $4.98

###04033039 Diego Dinosaur Rescue Mountain $12.48

###Diego bike helmet with knee pads 4.98 at

###Disney Esphera Puzzle 7.48

###Transformer tent 14.98 (only 50%)

###3lb tubs of Play Doh 1.78

###Playmobil Advent Set 4.24

###Jr Lacrosse Reg. 5.99 for 2.98

###Hot Wheels T-Rex Rampage reg. 39.99 for 9.98

###Semi-truck w/17cars and 6 accessories reg 20.00 for 5.00

###Littlest Pet Shop Monopoly reg. 22.99 for 5.74

###1 Badd Ride Cars (2) reg 2.99 for 0.74

###Nerf Cosmic Keepaway reg 15.99 for 3.98

###Cranium Family Edition reg 14.99 for 3.74

###Disney Little Einsteins 4 in 1 learning game reg 14.99 for 3.74

###Disney Cars My First DVD Game reg 14.99 for 3.74

I also find this format tedious, but I'm happy to go look something up on my receipt if someone wants to ask specifically. Doing this during the toy sale though is really kind of futile (IMO). Nothing is going to stay on the shelf very long at 75% off. I think we were all witness to that in some way or another yesterday. Occasionally we will get lucky and find something that isn't stickered or is a return and get lucky, but during this sale it's pretty much just find and grab.

Did you get the last one? I called this AM to see if they had any and was told no. I live over an hour away, and hate to drive there for nothing.

Went to 2 different targets today and here is what I got:

###007080907 Crayola Sudsy School $2.48

###086080006 Cheer Bear Care Bear $4.98

###086022320 Hannah Montanta & Lola dolls $8.74

###087101724 Hannah Montana DVD game $4.97

###086022104 HSM Gabriella & Troy dolls $5.74

###087021214 Mood Beams $2.48 (got 2 of these)

###087101684 Trivial Pursuit Digital Choice $12.48

###086002527 Magnext Special Parts $4.98

###086000586 Magnext Woolly Rhino $3.74

###087071830 Hot Wheels TRex $9.98

###086120437 Mistletoe & Crystal $5.74

###087101677 Cranium Family Ed. $3.74

###087101692 Backgammon $3.74

###204030770 Fisher Price Imaginext Jungle set $9.98

###086002524 Magnext Gears $6.24

###086002517 Magnext Set $6.24

###087070742 Hot Wheels $.98 X2

###087101632 Monopoly My Town $1.98

###204040937 Leap Frog Fridge talk $4.98

###087070226 Speed Racer Carrying Case & Launcher $3.24

###087101350 Cosmic Catch $4.98

Reg price total $430.00

Total OOP $127.00

Didnt do too bad. Still watching some items that havent gone down low enough for me...

I guess you just have to make sure there are any left before you return. I'm not sure about these Kid Tough DVD players though. I just have a feeling once they hit 75% off one Ebayer will just take all of them. :no:

I am so jealous! I went to 4 stores (including one that still had 20 left) and they were onle 50% off. That is still too steep for me, but I would love one for ds's b-day!

I guess you just have to make sure there are any left before you return. I'm not sure about these Kid Tough DVD players though. I just have a feeling once they hit 75% off one Ebayer will just take all of them. :no:

My sister went to a store yesterday morning after dropping her kids off at school. She was still there pretty early, but there was a man at the front with at least 27 carts (that is how many she could count). He spent over $5000 and was planning to resell it all.

How frustrating!

Guest mzannetti

My sister went to a store yesterday morning after dropping her kids off at school. She was still there pretty early, but there was a man at the front with at least 27 carts (that is how many she could count). He spent over $5000 and was planning to resell it all.

How frustrating!

free market economics at their best. i like seeing that stuff. people actually pay the true value for items. frustrating, but what makes america the land of opportunity.

just think if he can't sell the products for a profit he can return them in 90 days and get his money back. sounds like a great business idea to me for a stay at home parent.

free market economics at their best. i like seeing that stuff. people actually pay the true value for items. frustrating, but what makes america the land of opportunity.

just think if he can't sell the products for a profit he can return them in 90 days and get his money back. sounds like a great business idea to me for a stay at home parent.

True, very true

So.........did anyone see stuff marked down further today than it was yesterday? I am trying to figure out if I should go back. I really want to find a FP dvd player for 75%, yesterday they were 50%.

My store was 50 yesterday and still 50 today----however, many of them were gone at that price. Which stinks because why would they ever put it at 75% if people like it enough to buy it at 50% off.

Did you get the last one? I called this AM to see if they had any and was told no. I live over an hour away, and hate to drive there for nothing.

Yes, actually I think I might have just gotten really lucky. They were bringing out carts and flatbeds from the back at about 1:30 and the last flatbed had one Spike box on it. There were also a bunch of Star Wars boxes that people took... maybe 4. They were giant, but I don't know what they were... some kind of spaceship it appeared. I have all girls so I don't know much about the boy toys, but I do know about Spike! My nephews know all about him.

Just got back from the cr, ia store and some were 75% off some went 50% and some stayed at 30%. I had the toy isles to myself besides the mark down team. Guess I'm the only crazy one to go toy shopping when it's -52 with wind chill!

No.. you weren't the only one out. I was just at the Waterloo store instead. -34 actual temp. yikes!!

Didn't look at the toys, there were lots of baby boy clothes at 75% off, not much for girls; Hundreds of shoes that were 75% off, kids & adults both. They also had several of the sit & stand strollers for 50% off, sold the last 2 high chairs they had just as I got there. Not that I need any of that stuff..

check out the kitchen clearances if you go back.....

TONS of items up to 75% off. lady was marking them down yesterday while I was there. I got a huge knife set w/ wooden block for 4.98 regularly 29.99

Lemon squeezer 1.08

spatulas (very nice ones) 1.08

glasses .98

boxes set of glasses 2.48

bowls 1.48 (nice for mixing,etc)

check out the kitchen clearances if you go back.....

I'm glad you mentioned this, with all the toy excitement, I almost forgot. I saw a few JA Henckles knives, kitchen scales, and some Chefmate utensils all 75% off. I picked up a T-Fal 10.5" pan for $6.24 that was also 75% off.