Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

086050283 Rose Petal Washer $6.94

these were still coming up$19.xx at my store and so was the sink...even when the lady scanned it for me. I would have gotten it for $6.94. Maybe it will go down soon. There was also a doll and stroller I wanted but both still scanned at 30% off and I had the lady check them for me. I thought for sure those two would be 75% off.

I guess people aren't using the "###" format so the clearance items will appear on the list on the first page. That's too bad because that list is pretty helpful and saves time so you don't have to read through all the messages to find out what good deals people found.

lol, it took me FOREVER to get mine in the right format...i first used XXX instead of ### :rolleyes:

If this is a repeat question....I am sorry. I am new to the 75% off clearance. They marked down about 1/3 of the toys down to 75% today and some things to 50%. Now my question is.... when do additional mark down's usually happen? Do they usually take place on Thursdays??? just wondering if anybody has a guess? There is only one target in my city so..................they maybe they will not happen as fast at in other citys.

Thanks!!!

Could be they are going slower in your store. They typically only mark down on Wednesday or Thursday. However, if they were marking down in the late afternoon and simply didn't finish, they may do it tomorrow. If it was done in the morning, check back next week.

I think I figured out the Cabbage Patch mystery. 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch dolls were 75% off at my store ($6.xx), the very similar-looking 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch Preemie dolls were still $17.xx.

Hmmmm...that is a good observation. The cabbage patch dolls I had were the preemies and only went 50%, I don't know about the other one though since it got packed up and taken into the back with about 8 other pallets of stuff to get tagged. This only makes me want to head to Target for the 3rd day in a row to see what else gets put out from the back.

I was so frustrated. The TAG Algebra program, Math Comp Program and the Journal were marked down to 75% off. WooHoo!

However..... the TAG Pen Computer was still 50% off!!!

I wish there was some rhyme and /or reason for their markdowns. They scanned everything individually. Like everyone else mentioned there are 30%, 50% and 75% off toys all mixed in together.

I think we should all write to them and let them know how frustrated we are.

Also the furniture and decorative items that replaced Christmas (I can't remember the name) is already clearance at my store. 30% off, Including the Philosophy 3 in 1, Shampoo, Conditioner, Body washes.

All clothing at my store was an extra 30% off the lowest marked price.

Well, I couldn't stand only doing one store today so I headed out a couple of hours ago. Went to the Chesapeake Target off the Expressway. This one was a mix too, but a VERY organized mix compared to Indep. store today. I had toys all to myself for a good while and no kids tonite!! Was able to spend a small fortune! I am always so worried that since I have to work all day and can never make it there at opening I will miss the deals. The one thing I cannot find anywhere is the Didji Star Wars pack everyone is talking about! Things I was able to pick up today:

064053498 Pooh Lighted Bath Hoodie

249110076 Gaming Ottoman

082030183 Tony Hawk Freestyle Bike (I am gonna be the favorite Aunt this x-mas, lol)

207121773 Playstation Game, can't remember the name, but it looks fun

082060131 Inline skates for my daughter (I'm hoping she can fit them at xmas-they are size 5)

086000993 Little People Doodle Pro

086002381 Disney Sticker Maker

Lots of Indiana Jones and Hotwheel stuff, but I don't know which DCPI goes to which toy! Also scored a few of the vtech learning toys for 3.74 one was a clock and I don't rem what the other was. I had so much stuff it barely fit in the car! I am going to try to do my rounds again tomorrow, but I hate Weekend shopping at Target! It is so darn crowded and never enough cashiers!

I guess people aren't using the "###" format so the clearance items will appear on the list on the first page. That's too bad because that list is pretty helpful and saves time so you don't have to read through all the messages to find out what good deals people found.

Huge pain in the $%^&* to do that, so, sorry, I don't do it.

Well, I couldn't stand only doing one store today so I headed out a couple of hours ago. Went to the Chesapeake Target off the Expressway. This one was a mix too, but a VERY organized mix compared to Indep. store today.

Is this the Target in the shopping center with Babies R Us and Old Navy? I forget the name of it.

Do you remember what the DVD players are at? 50%?

I went to Farmington, MI. Target this evening. Finally had some toys 75% off. Some were still 30% and some 50%. There was a lady working in the toy aisle. Not scanning anything, just straightening stuff. She said they did mark downs this morning. I asked her if she knew when they would mark down the rest of the toys and she said they were not doing them all at once. Once most of these 75% off were gone then they would mark down some more.

I was able to find alot, but alot of the stuff that was mentioned on this thread was still only 30-50% at my store. Smart Cycle was 50% off, Star Wars Didj was only 30% off, Kid Tough DVD player 30% off.

I did buy a ton. Spent over $200.00 and I think my DH is ready to kill me for carrying in all of these toys. He will probably have a heart attache when I tell him I want to go back tomorrow.

At my store the toys were pretty organized. They had almost all of the clearance toys together in a couple aisles and on the endcaps. There were a few surprises in the regular toy aisles, but most had been moved. Then there was one lonely aisle of clearance toys at the very back of the store between the global bazzaar (sorry, forgot what they are calling it this year) and bikes. Nobody seemed to know about that aisle and I had it to myself for a good 20 minutes.

I also picked up some non-toy 75% clearance today. I got a couple more kids shirts and

###070052103 Kitchen brush set 1.28

###070053331 Cutting board 2.07

There seemed to be quite a bit of 75% in housewares today.

I live in the middle of nowhere in NC so I do my shopping in Eastern TN. After hitting three stores, I spent $319.xx on $1198.xx worth of merchandise. I still didn't get everything I went to get. My son really wanted the Matchbox Haunted House, but I only saw one and it was in the arms of another shopper.

Looking at the booty everyone else has gotten, I am sure my stores didn't have some of the same stuff...no sit 'n spins, no pony ferris wheels, no slides, etc. Most everything we purchased was 75% off.

What I purchased and don't remember seeing posted elsewhere...

###Diego bike helmet with knee pads 4.98 at

###Disney Esphera Puzzle 7.48

###Transformer tent 14.98 (only 50%)

###3lb tubs of Play Doh 1.78

###Playmobil Advent Set 4.24

I also hit it lucky in the kitchen area...two sets of Chefmate cookware for $9.98 (75%) each, a Regal roaster pan for $9.98 (75%), and a Godinger drink dispenser for $9.98 (50%). There was a lot of camping clearance as well.

Happy hunting y'all!

Edited by christy02and06

Was this at Target on S. Independence??? I was there around 3 and put the knives in my cart. Then, I decided I didn't really want them since it would use up counterspace (I like to keep my counters clear) so I put it back. It was on the endcap in the housewares section, right? Regular price $19.99 and clearanced at $4.99. It was the only one I noticed!!

Yep! I don't usually do this store because it is so out of my way and I loathe 264, but had to be in the area and dropped in. Thanks for putting it back.! I love my counter space too, so my butcher blocks always get a home in the cabinet! And for some reason I have to buy these things every few years..........do knives just grow feet and walk away?? I refuse to buy a pricey one anymore cause pieces turn up missing somehow.

Is this the Target in the shopping center with Babies R Us and Old Navy? I forget the name of it.

Do you remember what the DVD players are at? 50%?

No, this is the one all the way down the Expressway like you are headed to Nags Head. Sounds like a drive but it's not really if you haven't been out there. This is a much quieter store since they are still developing the area. Are you talking about the "kid dvd players?" I want to say they were at 70-something, but there were only 2 left if those are the ones unless there are more in the back. The guy that was straightening the shelves said they have a little more stuff to bring out and they are marking it a little at a time since they are so busy doing other sections also. Aside from the toys at this one though, I didn't see alot else and there were only a few things in electronics and I had to hunt for them, they were on a hanging strip on the side of an endcap of all places! Wasn't even enough for one shelf of an end! Although S. Indep didn't have any in electronics either!

There was a mixture at my target 30/50/75 but was able to find these great finds:

Jr Lacrosse Reg. 5.99 for 2.98

Hot Wheels T-Rex Rampage reg. 39.99 for 9.98

Semi-truck w/17cars and 6 accessories reg 20.00 for 5.00

Littlest Pet Shop Monopoly reg. 22.99 for 5.74

1 Badd Ride Cars (2) reg 2.99 for 0.74

Nerf Cosmic Keepaway reg 15.99 for 3.98

Cranium Family Edition reg 14.99 for 3.74

Disney Little Einsteins 4 in 1 learning game reg 14.99 for 3.74

Disney Cars My First DVD Game reg 14.99 for 3.74

and.......drumroll please.........3 pkgs mm apple juice 10pks!!!happy dance!!!

happy day for my sons upcoming birthday in march! What a great help this all was!!

No, this is the one all the way down the Expressway like you are headed to Nags Head. Sounds like a drive but it's not really if you haven't been out there. This is a much quieter store since they are still developing the area. Are you talking about the "kid dvd players?" I want to say they were at 70-something, but there were only 2 left if those are the ones unless there are more in the back. The guy that was straightening the shelves said they have a little more stuff to bring out and they are marking it a little at a time since they are so busy doing other sections also. Aside from the toys at this one though, I didn't see alot else and there were only a few things in electronics and I had to hunt for them, they were on a hanging strip on the side of an endcap of all places! Wasn't even enough for one shelf of an end! Although S. Indep didn't have any in electronics either!

Thanks for the info! I live about 4 miles from the S. Independence Target. It's a good store but it's just so crowded ALL the time so it's hard to get the good deals! I've had much better luck at the new Target at Red Mill Commons and the remodeled Target at Military Highway. It seems like there aren't as many clearance shoppers at the Military Hwy one.

Guest mzannetti

I picked up a few of those pre package green and white boxed toys.

mcdonalds set

17 car set

4 large car set

117 play food set

construction set

fairy/unicorn set

remote controlled car

all of them were 75% off. anywhere from $2.50 to $5.00.

Went to Target in Marshfield WI this eveining. Employee stated they marked some down to 75% this morning and was a madhouse. Barely anything 75% was left but plenty of Target brand toys. There was quite a bit scattered in no way organized throughout the toy department lots of 30 and 50%. Got a few things but nothing close to what I had hoped to. National Geo Goggles 1.74, Deal Or No Deal game 6.74 couple of little dolls 1.98, some stuffed dog 1.98, transformers sets that were 1.98 figured would make good gift exchange gifts. Nothing I'm watching further. I did note that we had atleast 10 each of teh "Biscuit " the dog at 89.98 , "Smoares" The horse at 99.98, and Imaginext T Rex at 89.98. Also though got some other neat pics National Geo Stethoscope over in sporting Goods 12.48 they also had a better one at 24.98. Couple of kids fishing poles 5.98. Seem some really nice mens golf clubs reg. 149 were 69. had childrens and ladies also. Girl Tennis rackets pink 5.98. Saw lots of propane camp stoves 17-24. All clearance clothing was an additional 30.

Thanks for the info! I live about 4 miles from the S. Independence Target. It's a good store but it's just so crowded ALL the time so it's hard to get the good deals! I've had much better luck at the new Target at Red Mill Commons and the remodeled Target at Military Highway. It seems like there aren't as many clearance shoppers at the Military Hwy one.

NEW TARGET??? LOL Where have I been?? I'm not too familiar with Va. Beach, and don't know where this new one is. I only know of the 3 in Chesapeake, Military hwy, Indep, Hampon, NN, and 2 in Wmsbg. I went to Target website and it doesn't list but one in Va Beach. Any info would be great! Thanks.

Anyone out there that had some things go 75% yesterday have more go today? Just trying to figure out my plan of attack for tomorrow. I know one store that said they were marking down on Friday only because the manager didn't want to deal with all the 30%/50%/75% crap could be good but am hoping that the store that is 5 minutes from the house that has the 2 items I am looking for in stock will go 75% tomorrow and save me the drive. Thoughts.....

Thanks!!!

NEW TARGET??? LOL Where have I been?? I'm not too familiar with Va. Beach, and don't know where this new one is. I only know of the 3 in Chesapeake, Military hwy, Indep, Hampon, NN, and 2 in Wmsbg. I went to Target website and it doesn't list but one in Va Beach. Any info would be great! Thanks.

I PM'd you with the screenshot of the map! :howdy:

I PM'd you with the screenshot of the map! :howdy:

You are awesome.......thanks so much! Another Target, my DH will be thrilled........NOT, lol! He already thinks I'm nuts to shop at as many as I do.......until bdays and xmas when he gets awesome gifts and there is still money in the checkbook, lol!

Ok, so I'm wondering about one other thing right now: When I was at the store there was one toy (can't remmember which now) that had red tag with 75% off price but when I flipped the toy over there was another red tag there with 30% price. I just remmembered it now because I was showing hubby the train table I scored and it has the red tag with 19.98 price on one side of the box but the back side of the box has another red tag with $56 price.

Has anyone else noticed that?? Because now I'm wondering if I might have missed some Toys at the store that were clearanced down to 75% because I looked at the wrong red tag..

Gush..this toy sale sure is difficult..

Ok, so I'm wondering about one other thing right now: When I was at the store there was one toy (can't remmember which now) that had red tag with 75% off price but when I flipped the toy over there was another red tag there with 30% price. I just remmembered it now because I was showing hubby the train table I scored and it has the red tag with 19.98 price on one side of the box but the back side of the box has another red tag with $56 price.

Has anyone else noticed that?? Because now I'm wondering if I might have missed some Toys at the store that were clearanced down to 75% because I looked at the wrong red tag..

Gush..this toy sale sure is difficult..

I have only had this happen to me on big ticket items. I put everything I want in my cart (or drag to the scanner) and then scan everything.

I thought I was done with this sale and I was laying in bed thinking of all the things I wish I could have gotten that are still only 30% or 50% off. I guess I will be going tomorrow(and all week) just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Why couldn't they just have marked everything down to 75% off?? It would of made it way easier.

Huge pain in the $%^&* to do that, so, sorry, I don't do it.

Yes, I agree that it's a pain in the $%^&*, but so is taking out my receipt, typing in all the DPCI numbers, and typing the description of things I saw/bought on clearance. I do it anyway, just so it helps other people because I know many people have helped me get good deals because they've come back to post them on this board.

Thanks to those that went back to edit your post and add the ### format. That's very helpful! :)

I found a boat load of men's hoodies and henleys and womens workout pants and shirts at 75% off. It was crazy. Didn't bother with the toys, don't need em.

I did find my first (and last) MM. I just wanted to find it for the challenge. Now I can skip that aisle for good.

DD7 is home sick again :( So no Target for me today! If anyone does see Biscuit go 75%, or the Sleeping beauty w/fairies or the MLP set (all of which I doubt will since they went 50% yesterday) let me know! TIA I'm thinking they will do another markdown wed/thurs next week for the rest of the toys :( I don't like this new idea.

Wow! Can barely keep up with this thread now!

cberrytech-thanks for checking the Geotrax airport for me!!

So I sucked it up and drove to Branson last night and any of you in the SW MO area should definately make a run today! I went around 5:30ish and they had aisles and aisles plus a whole back wall FULL of toys!! Lots of Smart Cycles (prob 8-9), Air Hogs (10+), and at least 3 biscuits (all at 50%) and pretty much a few of everything that's been mentioned so far. About 1/4 is 50%, the rest 75%-I didn't see anything only 30%. I didn't see Spike (bummer), Kid Tough DVD players, or Didj systems, but most of the other toys were there. Finally found my Buzz Lightyear, but he was 50%-got it anyway. Also got lots of Yo Gabba Gabba, Mad Science Dinosaur thing, and Cranium games for 75%. Very happy with me trip (and happy with the incredible self-control that I exercised!). Will be running by the Springfield store after work (and after a stop at ON) to see if anything's left at ours.