Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

i'm curious about this too. ,my child is going to beat me up soon if i dont stop dragging her to target daily

My little one and husband feel the same way! But they are both more than happy later in the year. My son because of all the great gifts for b-day and christmas and my husband for all the money I save.

I went to my Target this morning and everything was still at 30%. I asked an associate in toys if she knew when they were gonna mark them down to 75% and she said, "They should be doing it today." So right when she said that, out came the markdown team and I asked them if it was all 75%. She said to grab what I wanted and she would mark it all down for me. I got lots of stuff for my kids b-days coming up!!

Plus 4 My Little Pony Advent and one Barbie Advent calendars.

My husband said there were a ton of the DVD players this morning at 30% off, but when I checked at lunch time they were ALL gone, even at 30%. I am afraid that if you wait for a further markdown, they might be gone. It was one thing that I really wanted, but did not want to get at 30% off.

I had one for me and one for my sister in my cart, when they only went 50% I put them down, then after I left she says she still wanted for 50%. So I went back to get it. I like it---but only for about $37 worth of liking.:yup:

Spent over 3 hours in my Target today- Got there at 9am. Saw a woman heading to her van. she has a cart over flowing with toys and get this- 2 employees following her with each having a cart load full. WOW.

The funny thing is when I pulled into the Target driveway I saw a woman with a cart full and a Target employee was helping her get the heavy stuff into her car. That was my first sign the Toy sale has begun!! So I rushed in.. The poor guy only had a Red Target short-sleeved tee-shirt on too and it was snowing!!

Funny thing happened at the Huntersville, NC Target. I already posted that I went at 9 this morning. The signs then said "50% or more off." It was very crowded so I filled my cart and left. I stopped in again later to see if anything worthwhile was left. They had changed all of the signs back to "30% or more off." I guess they had gotten trouble from people on the items that were only marked down 30%. Not much was left then.

Zooee -- I'm in the Buffalo, NY area and haven't gotten out to Target in about a week. Did you look at any of the larger table hockey things? I believe there were three different kinds. Do you know if these went 75%? My fiance has his eye on one and I forgot to get the DPCI last time I was there! Thank you! :fluffy:

The target on Transit in Depew/lancaster still had some in the toy section, but everything there was still at 30%- i went twice there today (8a and 5pm). The Target on Walden and the one on Delaware Ave in the city I also went to bu i didn't notice anything like that in the toy section. Hope that helps.

I did the Va Beach store after work tonite and it was a mix and MESS of three aisles with a jumble of 30/50/75. Best buys I found were in the clothes sections and housewares. TONS of 75 to be found! I got lots of stuff but really happy with the butcher block with knives for 4.xx and the video game ottoman for 14.xx! Picked up a few toys but nothing too exciting except the water baby my dd wanted for 4.xx. Tons of people there. Oh why oh why do I want a career?? LOL!!

Was this at Target on S. Independence??? I was there around 3 and put the knives in my cart. Then, I decided I didn't really want them since it would use up counterspace (I like to keep my counters clear) so I put it back. It was on the endcap in the housewares section, right? Regular price $19.99 and clearanced at $4.99. It was the only one I noticed!!

Well, I hit my first Target at 9am...(they were still all 30% yesterday)...found 4 markdown people working away...it was just me and (ironically) one of my neighbors :D well...not much had been marked down, Biscuit was only 50% off today...the MLP park and sleeping beauty doll were only 50% as well!!! I quickly figured out that the things going 75% were the same as the ones i found at the other store yesterday. So i only picked up a few things (nothing exciting)...spent $27 (lol)

I was really annoyed with the markdown people however...they were downright rude to the other lady and I about checking items (even though they were all having conversations of their own)...It made me so uncomfortable that I left and waited until the afternoon (around 1pm) to come back...by then most had been tagged and I could pick up a few other things.

Went back to the other Target that went 1/2 75% yesterday...no changes today at all for them. Was amused to find a gay couple trying to shop for their 2-3yr old female relative...I pointed them to the potty doll w/sink thing (that I was shocked was still there at 75% off)...they were so happy with me they thanked me for about 20min :) nice guys.

I am so tired and FRUSTRATED with Target over this toy sale (and apparently i'm not alone...managers in both my stores said they've had alot of complaints from employees and people shopping). I'm sick of running to Target (s) every morning for the past week! The 3 things my DD really wants seem to be the ones that are taking their sweet time being reduced in price :( Don't get me wrong...i've gotten alot of great deals and I do appreciate them, but I liked how they've done it in the past much better than this dribs and drabs approach. Wham Bam Thank You Mam, black friday "Toy" edition...you show up early, you get what you want, you are home in time for a late breakfast :yup:

Yay!! My Target finally went more than 30%. The signs said 50% but lots of stuff was tagged 75%. I went in there every night this week hoping to catch it. Of course the first night I had to bring my boys they were marked down :( but I did manage to sneak a cart full :cheesy: They weren't paying any attention!! I called DH to find out if he was close to being home and he was 10 mins away so I had him pick them up at Target so I could check out. Its a lot harder trying to hide toys while putting them on the counter. My boy's birthdays are in January and February so I look forward to this sale every year. This is the first time I got there the day they did the big mark down. I got everything was looking for....plus lots more. Birthdays are finished for the family and friends for the entire year!

My best finds-

249110072 Shark Boomchair $27.48

204040898 Leap Frog Crammer $14.98

204033039 Diego Dinosaur Rescue Mountain $12.48 (DS5 has been asking for this for a year now and I just couldn't bring myself to spend $30-$50 on it...I was sooo excited to find one sitting on the shelf)

Ok now the little stuff-

086001074 Project and Draw $9.98

086001343 Mad Science Dinosaur Curator $3.94

087050607 Air Hogs $14.98

087061199 Indiana Jones Sword $3.75

087101730 Horton Hears a Who game $4.98

204033035 Guitar Elmo $8.24 (OMG he is soooo cute!)

204100504 Word World Magnetic set $5.94

204110513 National Geographic projector $4.98

I was also able to pick up quite a few cheap but great party prizes!

Funny thing happened to me while there tonight. I wasn't paying any bit attention when things were scanning. I was just trying to hurry up and get out of there before I went back. My total was like $255 :eyepoppin I was like wow DH is going to kill me. I only had $150 cash on me so I had to use the debit card for the rest. When I got out to my van and loaded everything up and sat and looked at my receipt because I still couldn't believe how much my total was. There it was a desk for $89.99 on my receipt! I didn't get a desk :no: I went inside and the cashier was really busy so I went up to customer service. I showed her my receipt and told her I thought there was a mistake and asked if she could see what that item was supposed to be. She said its a desk....I didn't get a desk...where are your items..in my van..it is really really really cold out there I didn't want to lug everything back in. So she called security up and explained to him and he went back to check out the security tapes and said it would only take a few mins. I waited nearly 10 mins then he finally came back. He apologized for it taking so long but it was hard for him to tell exactly what happened. He said he thinks it was the cat food :confused: So he went out with me to my van to look at the cat food. Sure enough there was a desk shipping label on the bag the cashier scanned instead of the cat food barcode :D Soooo they refunded the desk and I bought the cat food. Everyone was very nice and very helpful and I felt a whole lot better about my shopping trip! So lessons learned= me-pay attention and cashiers- scan barcodes!

Had to wait until after work to go to Target and I got the leftovers. I did manage to get some stuff. I really wanted the Didj and clone wars tv game. They were gone though. If anyone sees one in fl or gets an extra I would really appreciate it!

Thanks so much

I was really annoyed with the markdown people however...they were downright rude to the other lady and I about checking items (even though they were all having conversations of their own)...It made me so uncomfortable that I left and waited until the afternoon (around 1pm) to come back...by then most had been tagged and I could pick up a few other things.

I had the same experience in the store I went to this morning in SW Phoenix (99th Ave). The markdown team was really rude to the shoppers. Eyerolls, nasty remarks, & downright refusing to scan anything for us. One poor lady waited 4 hours for them to markdown her Star Wars Lego set. I overheard them asking each other how we knew about the clearance and one of them said really sarcastically, "the internet".

They seem to really dislike customers. Maybe it would be better for everyone if they came in and did the markdowns before the store opened?

I was treated so badly that I will be contacting the corporate office tomorrow morning.

Edited by MelissaS

Zooee -- I'm in the Buffalo, NY area and haven't gotten out to Target in about a week. Did you look at any of the larger table hockey things? I believe there were three different kinds. Do you know if these went 75%? My fiance has his eye on one and I forgot to get the DPCI last time I was there! Thank you! :fluffy:

I'm not in NY (CT actually) but our Target had table hockey (I think) at 75%. Actually that was the only thing that had 75% signs next to them. The rest had 30% when in fact most Toys were tagged 75%. I think they were 39.xx down from 140 or something like that.

I had the same experience in the store I went to this morning in SW Phoenix (99th Ave). The markdown team was really rude to the shoppers. Eyerolls, nasty remarks, & downright refusing to scan anything for us. One poor lady waited 4 hours for them to markdown her Star Wars Lego set. I overheard them asking each other how we knew about the clearance and one of them said really sarcastically, "the internet".

They seem to really dislike customers. Maybe it would be better for everyone if they came in and did the markdowns before the store opened?

I was treated so badly that I will be contacting the corporate office tomorrow morning.

I called corporate while standing in the store. We all waited about 3 hours 45 min for them to mark down our stuff. And the employees just kept looking at everyone like we had 3 heads. Hello!!! 75% OFF!! I am not leaving. I get most of my shopping done for the year with this sale and that is how I can afford to get so much stuff. But I will be calling back in the morning for the one lead of the mark downs for being exceptionally nice to us all and getting the crew to markdown everyone cart by cart once she came back and saw what was going on.

Edited by shoppingal

I went to two Targets in TN. In each store, the employees were very polite and stopped to scan items and red-tag them as requested by customers. This can't be a fun day for them, but they were very professional - treating the customers right. Sorry for the rude employees people faced.

Eyerolls, nasty remarks, & downright refusing to scan anything for us.

OMG! I agree with how nasty they have been lately. Earlier in the week when they were doing shoe markdowns, there was another lady and I in the shoe department. The other lady picked up a pair of kids shoes and the employee went off on her - nastily told her they hadn't been ticketed at the lower price, blah, blah, blah. The customer very nicely said she understood and would just wait, so then the employee threw some shoes back on the shelf, refused to markdown any more, and left. I was like :shock:!

On another note, they marked down toys to 50% today. People had carts loaded full of stuff. I was wanting a Lego set but somebody snatched up all of them. :( Other than that I was very disappointed because it doesn't seem like there's going to be much left for 75% markdown.

The portable DVD player was only 30% at all three Targets that I went to. When do you think they will be marked down further? Also at all three stores the only signs they had up said 30% and 50% off but there was ALOT of stuff ringing up 75% off. When I first walked in I was disappointed because I thought I had gotten up early for no reason.

Yeah, I know that some of them can be pretty horrible. On the other hand, I will give them a little bit of grace because they are required to markdown a certain number of items per hour and per day. If they miss their quota it goes into their performance reports. It can be a serious problem to have customer after customer bringing items up to them to scan for them. Once the first person starts, then there are others and before they know it they are pretty far behind schedule. It generally depends on how busy things are and if they are doing well with their schedule for the day. Of course some are going to be nasty regardless. I guess that is why I make a point of being friendly with the markdown team of all the stores I frequent. Getting to know them and chatting with them can help. There is no reason for them to be nasty, but they do sometimes need to firmly tell customers they can't do as they are asking. The four hour wait was absurd, though. I'd have at least asked a manager to intervene at some point far before that time had passed. A couple of our stores have taken to blocking the aisle and telling customers they can't come in until they are done. They only really have this problem with the toy clearance, so you can imagine how they dread it.

went back by the Olive Branch one on the way home and they had done their markdowns! All toys still were not 75% though - some were, some were still 30 and some 50. WTF are they doing this for, to torture us??? Anyway I did score @ 75% off two breyer horse gift sets (a horse & doll) to put away for next xmas, a 3 pack of imaginext dinosaurs, a little people magnadoodle type thing, and the rose petal cottage sink. they must have done it late this afternoon, it didnt look like much had moved since this a.m. but still alot did not get reduced yet, either. Very annoying!!

Just made it to my first store in time for opening today. I didn't want to go to my regular morning store because they didn't have much in toys, so I had to really drive to get there. But I made it. They had only done one of the 2 main aisles, so I pulled a couple of carts with me and started grabbing what I wanted that was already marked. I filled 2 carts and guaged that they were not going to be done with the other aisle soon. I paid for my 2 carts & loaded them in the car. Went back and they still weren't done, so I browsed some more and kept finding hidden gems on the shelves (that's how I found a Vsmile & some Legos). Finally got the stuff from the last main aisle and then found 2 more items on a partial aisle that they had not done before break. Stashed them and paid. Came back hours later after hitting 5 more stores, and the last 2 items got marked even without being on the floor. Yeah!

At another store they hadn't started the toys yet, but their carts were parked next door in sporting goods, so I knew they were just at lunch. I found everything I wanted and put it into a couple of carts. Hauled the carts over to the indoor garden furniture stuff and left them somewhat out of sight there. Salted an end cap with one each of the items I had in my carts so they'd get marked down while I was away. I went to lunch, came back and found my stuff still there! Yeah! They had skipped the end caps, but one of the gals was so sweet she volunteered to scan items for me, so I was good to go.

I also lucked out and walked into one store that had clearly just finished the markdowns and there was a Millennium Falcon on the shelf. Nearly died!

All that and I had my extra 10% today, so it was a VERY good day!

Newport News, VA - It looked like they probably did mark down some stuff today but there wasn't much 75% off there, just the 30-50% off that seems to be at most stores.

Hampton, VA - It hasn't happened yet. They still had a lot of stuff at 30-50% off and an occasional 75% off thrown in there.

:)I had fun today even though not everything went 75%off........

###086021002 Disney Princess dolls 14.98

###086022255 Disney magic wand horse 8.74

###086100091 McDonald's cash register 2.50

###086100124 McDonald's head set and food 1.25

###087061852 Batman laptop 9.98

###087100830 Yahtzee free for all 2.24

###087101642 Scrabble junior 3.24

###204040151 Vtech Cyber Pocket 14.98

###204040294 Thomas clickstart game 4.98

###204040401 Shrek smartridge 4.98

###204040844 Ratatouille smartridge 4.98

###204040863 Clickstart computer 22.48 (only 50%)

###086040724 Cabbage patch doll 6.22

###086050367 Barbie dressup outfit 4.98

###086061275 Christmas Barbie 2.68

###087061220 Transformers game 2.48

###087100758 Junior Monopoly 2.48

###087101524 Candy Land castle 2@ 2.48

###204032987 Playskool sit n spin 5.48

###204040453 Kidizoom digital camera 14.98

###204041602 First Act keyboard 6.24

###204041602 First Act harmonica 1.98

###204041603 First Act recorder 1.98

I also got 3 pairs of toddler shoes for 3.74 and 1 pair for 1.98 and 1 pair of boys shoes for 4.98.

Now, I'm just waiting on the Smartcycle, Didj, and those portable dvd players...........

Edited by elicia423126

If this is a repeat question....I am sorry. I am new to the 75% off clearance. They marked down about 1/3 of the toys down to 75% today and some things to 50%. Now my question is.... when do additional mark down's usually happen? Do they usually take place on Thursdays??? just wondering if anybody has a guess? There is only one target in my city so..................they maybe they will not happen as fast at in other citys.

Thanks!!!

I went to 4 Targets today. I was at the first one when they opened the doors. I had the pleasure of being all by my lonesome the entire time. There was a mixture of 75/50/30 at three stores and the last one is still at 30 and I saw them box up some of the toys :confused:

I had a great day though. Here's what I snagged.

###204033044 FP DVD Earphones $5.48

###086061047 Barbie Diamond Castle Playset $17.48

###204032981 Playskool Dance Cam $12.48

###204032403 John Deere Vehicle Set $5.74

###204033045 FP DVD Case (pink) $5.48

###204033079 Thomas Train Set $9.98

###204033081 FP Batwing $4.98

###204100503 Word World Tow Truck $4.78

###204030504 FP Hauler Truck $8.24

###204032953 Yo Gabba Gabba Brobee $8.74

###204060712 Circo Train Table $19.98

###086040725 Cabbage Patch Doll $6.22

###086050283 Rose Petal Washer $6.94

###087100743 Ned's Head Game $4.98

Edited by mommi2many
Change to correct format

I am so tired and FRUSTRATED with Target over this toy sale (and apparently i'm not alone...managers in both my stores said they've had alot of complaints from employees and people shopping). I'm sick of running to Target (s) every morning for the past week! The 3 things my DD really wants seem to be the ones that are taking their sweet time being reduced in price :( Don't get me wrong...i've gotten alot of great deals and I do appreciate them, but I liked how they've done it in the past much better than this dribs and drabs approach. Wham Bam Thank You Mam, black friday "Toy" edition...you show up early, you get what you want, you are home in time for a late breakfast :yup:

No kidding me. I was looking forward to this being over and done with and now it seems like this may drag on for weeks! :eyepoppin

For your stores that did markdowns on Wednesday, when are you checking back for the 50% to go to 75%? At one of my Targets the associate said "end of this week or beginning of next week" but the other one said "Wednesday and not a day earlier." So it seems like they MAY not follow a regular schedule and just markdown after just a few days/randomly.

My target in Signal Hill, CA was pretty wiped out, but they did have the train table for 19.98. I didn't get it because my godson won't need it for a while, and I was hoping someone else needed more. I saw lots of people with carts piled high with toys, though.

So what's everyone's game plan at this point?? I am too tired from shopping at 3 Targets Today to go anywhere Tomorrow. There are still things that I would like to buy - Biscuit, Handy Manny, Little Einstein.. Do you think they won't do any further mark-downs until next Wed/Thu now or what?? The guys (young) at one Target told me they won't be doing any mark-downs for sure for a couple of weeks now since they did so much Today marking to 30%, from 30% to 50% and from 50% to 75%.. It didn't look like they were lying..but I don't know how much they really knew.. They seemed surprised when I told them this sale is different from previous years, so I'm guessing this might be their 1st year working there so maybe that's why they thought that..

I think I figured out the Cabbage Patch mystery. 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch dolls were 75% off at my store ($6.xx), the very similar-looking 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch Preemie dolls were still $17.xx. I couldn't figure out some of the other mysteries. One type of Transformers were 75% off ($3.xx), but most were 50%. All of the Word World items I saw were 75%, except the aquadoodle-like keychain set. Some Magnetix were 75%, but not others. Smart Cycle, Dora and Diego Aquadoodle, and Fisher-Price DVD players were 50% off - and there were still a lot of 30% around. No disney princess barbie sets or Our Generation dolls to be found:(. I did manage to spend about $150 on 75% toys. There were several things that I hadn't seen there before. Some that I haven't seen listed:

###Some of the Schleich animals .62 (smaller) or 1.37 (bigger)

###056002500 Little Tikes Amazing Light Pad (I am pretty sure that's the one, otherwise it is similar) 6.24

###086022275 High School Musical Karaoke Microphone 9.98 (still too expensive for my taste, but DD will LOVE this!)

###086061081 Barbie Walkie-Talkies 4.48

###086120221 Breyer Stablemates set, stable with 2 horses 6.24

###086120408 Breyer Horse, bigger with moving head 3.24

###087070492 RC Caterpillar 3.24

###087071225 Matchbox Pop Up 360° Haunted House Adventure Set 8.74

###087100758 Monopoly Junior Disney Edition 2.48

###204032527 Mr. Potato Head Jumbo Pack 4.24

###204033114 Shake and Go Pixar Cars set with Mack, McQueen, and King 7.48

I wasn't able to get to Target till about 4pm- I couldn't take the kiddos out in today's freezing temps, no matter how good the deals. I wanted to go to 2 stores this morning, but the next closest is a 30 or 40 minute drive, and the news has been loaded with stories of people spinning out on the highways and smashing into each other for the last 2 days, so I am stuck in town. The weather is putting a serious crimp in my shopping plans!

Edited by fluffkin79

No kidding me. I was looking forward to this being over and done with and now it seems like this may drag on for weeks! :eyepoppin

For your stores that did markdowns on Wednesday, when are you checking back for the 50% to go to 75%? At one of my Targets the associate said "end of this week or beginning of next week" but the other one said "Wednesday and not a day earlier." So it seems like they MAY not follow a regular schedule and just markdown after just a few days/randomly.

I'm actually at a loss on this one...because at the store that did drop about half its toys to 75% off on wed the manager said they were dropping them everyday...but then NOTHING there dropped today :confused: Makes me want to throw my hands up in the air in frustration

I guess people aren't using the "###" format so the clearance items will appear on the list on the first page. That's too bad because that list is pretty helpful and saves time so you don't have to read through all the messages to find out what good deals people found.