Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Spent over 3 hours in my Target today- Got there at 9am. Saw a woman heading to her van. she has a cart over flowing with toys and get this- 2 employees following her with each having a cart load full. WOW.

Got a few things for myself, but did a shopping trip for my sister who is at work:

I got a air hockey table $34.98 (Almost didn't fit into my Vibe. ) Got only knows where IM hiding this until christmas.

Franklin pink bats/ball sets 3.74 each

U-Dance system $35.XX

Tinker-belle play set $6.58 (red tag was 17.48 but rang up 6.58. Heck I was buying it for the 17.xx price so I was happy.

Scrabble game 4.24

50 pack playdoh $5.xx

Skilz baseball practice set for my nephew regularly 39.99 and I got it for 14.98

cranium games x3 different 3.74 each

Nerf sets 3.98

disney princess dolls 14.98

Star wars potato head 1.98

My Life regularly $60 and I got it for 14.98 (my favorite purchase)

Littlest Pet Shop sets x2 @ 4.97 and a carrying case w/ 12 figures for 12.48

projector that plays movies, pics, etc in a dark room regularly 99.99 for 24.98

care bear 100 piece puzzles x2 @ .74

Huge jewelry armoire 29.98 for my daughter

Thats all I remember. I know I have several more bags to unload.

Which Ohio store were u in?

I went to Ward Parkway Kansas City at 8:30 and nothing. They were marking every other department there but toys. There were about 10 other people there waiting on toys to be marked down. When I left at 9:30 still nothing. No one was around from the mark down team. If anyone goes later please post.

I stopped by there around noon and they were just getting started. I picked up a couple things, but didn't really see anything that I was dying to wait around for.

FYI...just got back from Ward Parkway in Kc and they still had a Smart Cycle and two train sets if anyone is interested. TONS of good stuff still in the aisles. However, no DVD players. I am sad that neither of my Targets had the Hot Wheels Space Shuttle...my son would have LOVED that.

I am officially DONE with this sale. I may peek again next week on my regular Target trip, but that is it for me. Whew!

BTW...the Dora Tricycle I wanted was not in the sale section when I got there and I figured someone had nabbed it, but I checked the bicycle section just in case and it was there! BUT...they had scraped the sale sticker off and it scanned full price. :( Oh, well!

Was at Target at 8:05am, only one other person shopping with me so I had a blast! A good selection at 75% but still quite a bit at 50% but I stuck to the 75% stuff. They were almost done with markdowns by the time I got there which was nice, overall awesome experience. Can't even list all the items I got, just know that my SUV was packed completely full. In fact I was playing a bit of Tetrus just to get it to fit! I think that between the 2 stores and the 2 random big finds yesterday at 75% I am at around $600 meaning I saved $1200. CRAZY

For those of you that had your stores go 75% and 50% yesterday did you stop back today to see if the 50% had gone down today? I have 2 items that were still at 50% that I really want. Thanks

yeah--it throws my whole game plan off. Now when can I expect those to go lower??? I have never had to wait for a "second" markdown once the toys go 75%

i'm curious about this too. ,my child is going to beat me up soon if i dont stop dragging her to target daily

yeah--it throws my whole game plan off. Now when can I expect those to go lower??? I have never had to wait for a "second" markdown once the toys go 75%

My husband said there were a ton of the DVD players this morning at 30% off, but when I checked at lunch time they were ALL gone, even at 30%. I am afraid that if you wait for a further markdown, they might be gone. It was one thing that I really wanted, but did not want to get at 30% off.

Was at Target at 8:05am, only one other person shopping with me so I had a blast! A good selection at 75% but still quite a bit at 50% but I stuck to the 75% stuff. They were almost done with markdowns by the time I got there which was nice, overall awesome experience. Can't even list all the items I got, just know that my SUV was packed completely full. In fact I was playing a bit of Tetrus just to get it to fit! I think that between the 2 stores and the 2 random big finds yesterday at 75% I am at around $600 meaning I saved $1200. CRAZY

For those of you that had your stores go 75% and 50% yesterday did you stop back today to see if the 50% had gone down today? I have 2 items that were still at 50% that I really want. Thanks

Was everything you bought 75% off? If so you saved way more than 1,200 hundred.

My husband said there were a ton of the DVD players this morning at 30% off, but when I checked at lunch time they were ALL gone, even at 30%. I am afraid that if you wait for a further markdown, they might be gone. It was one thing that I really wanted, but did not want to get at 30% off.

Yep, that is why i grabbed it at 50%. Only one blue one left and about 7 pinks *florence, KY store* Figures. I doubt my four yr old son would have been happy with pink.. If my mom hadn't had offered to go in half with me, I would have passed.

So any guesses as to why Target is staggering the discounts this year? It would make sense to me to just discount everything at 75% and get rid of it all!

Could it be the economy? Could it just be a one year trial thing?

I can't imagine the workers in the Toy department are appreciating it much. The constant phone calls, price checks, scanning, reshelving, rearranging and customers in your way! And who knows how many weeks this is going to go on?!:eyepoppin

I was at the Olathe ST around 1:30 and they were hauling more toys out from the back. I got Spike the Dinosaur for $32.xx. I will be a rock star to my nephews for that find!! I also got the pink V-Tech digital camera for $14.98, down from $59.99.

I got what I was looking for, but a great deal of what I am after is still at the most 50% off. Not good enough! Still holding out hope for the Smart Cycle. THere are so many left out there. Considering Amazon was selling it before Christmas for under $50 shipped, the $49.99 price tag that Target has on it really isn't that big of a deal. I would like that Smart Cycle, the Barbie Hot Tub Bus, the Digital Arts and Crafts Studio and the Little Pony Amusement Park for 75% off... DO YOU HEAR ME TARGET???

Biggest finds were: Spike, Plasma Car, V-Tech Camera, Disney doll set.

Don't know if it's just me, but it seemed like the stuff that was really cheap was all the baby/infant toys. Much of the toys for the 1st-3rd grade+ group were only 50% off. (I s'pose the moms who were trying to find the baby stuff thought the opposite.)

I wonder if putting the "global bazaar" type stuff at 30% off gives them the room they need to hold on to the toys for a bit longer. Usually all that home furnishings stuff doesn't start clearance for at least a couple more weeks. (Of course, on my trips out, it didn't look like anyone was shopping that area at all.)

Could it be the economy? Could it just be a one year trial thing?

Yes and yes! From what a manager was saying there today Target is trying this out this year because of the economy. They are trying to be more conservative and control losses on some of the larger items. That is why the more pricey things (Biscuit, Smores, Spike, Kid Tough) didn't go today all the way down.

It might just be good for them. I still saw plenty of that stuff being scooped up even though it wasn't 75% off. I would be sad if they switch to this permanently, but if it is successful now I would imagine they would.

I was at the Olathe ST around 1:30 and they were hauling more toys out from the back. I got Spike the Dinosaur for $32.xx. I will be a rock star to my nephews for that find!! I also got the pink V-Tech digital camera for $14.98, down from $59.99.

I got what I was looking for, but a great deal of what I am after is still at the most 50% off. Not good enough! Still holding out hope for the Smart Cycle. THere are so many left out there. Considering Amazon was selling it before Christmas for under $50 shipped, the $49.99 price tag that Target has on it really isn't that big of a deal. I would like that Smart Cycle, the Barbie Hot Tub Bus, the Digital Arts and Crafts Studio and the Little Pony Amusement Park for 75% off... DO YOU HEAR ME TARGET???

Biggest finds were: Spike, Plasma Car, V-Tech Camera, Disney doll set.

Don't know if it's just me, but it seemed like the stuff that was really cheap was all the baby/infant toys. Much of the toys for the 1st-3rd grade+ group were only 50% off. (I s'pose the moms who were trying to find the baby stuff thought the opposite.)

I wonder if putting the "global bazaar" type stuff at 30% off gives them the room they need to hold on to the toys for a bit longer. Usually all that home furnishings stuff doesn't start clearance for at least a couple more weeks. (Of course, on my trips out, it didn't look like anyone was shopping that area at all.)

They had quite a few Little Pony Amusement Park at the Stanley target at 11am.

They had quite a few Little Pony Amusement Park at the Stanley target at 11am.

Did they really? At 75% off???? They must have put more back out. I was there briefly this morning just before 10, but what a freakin' zoo. Man, that store had the most shoppers of all. I did not stay long.

I'm just too tired. I am officially done for today :tired:

So if FP dvd player was 50% off today, will it be 75% tomorrow? Do I have to go every day? I bought one at 50%, but I will return it if I find one at 75%. I got 2 plasma cars, one for us & one for a friend's bday (can't beat 13.74). Tag reading system Dr. Suess Edition 17.48. There were a few tag books for 3.74.

Went to 2 targets today! hardly anybody at either one! Went to New Albany at a little after 8 with my little one before school (I know I am a terrible mother) and got a littlest pet shop diary, pencil cases and digital pets, also the big 3 can playdoh things, first act drum set, a couple of 20 question games, puzzles and 3 digital cameras they had a ton of these some fisher price,some kidzoom, and some other brand (vtech maybe?) some were $5. The second one (clarksville) there was noone else in the aisles for like 30 min. They were just marking stuff and were so wonderful, I tried to stay out of the way and not ask about marking stuff for me but they said "if you find something that hasn't been marked yet bring it to us" there I got the 50 packs of playdoh, magnext icoaster, spy game dartboard, legos, thomas the train stuff and tons more. I tried to skip the sale this year but I was DREAMING about it..so what can ya do? My birthday stash is good for the year anyway!

I'm not the person you were asking but I'm in her area. She usually shops at the Massillon store. That's where I was today too. I probably saw you Elena!

Thanks

Anyone in Boardman Oh today???

I couldn't get out had all the kids with me cause of school closings.

One thing I found today that seemed weird was the Little People Ferris Wheel...there was one shoved in the back of the clearance area with no price tag, but I scanned it and it came up $7.xx, and then I later realized that they had a whole non-sale endcap full of them with other non-sale Little People stuff. Not sure if it was a mistake that this one was marked down or if they all should have been in clearance. Anyway, good deal!

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-People-Musical-Ferris/dp/B00008PVZ7

One thing I found today that seemed weird was the Little People Ferris Wheel...there was one shoved in the back of the clearance area with no price tag, but I scanned it and it came up $7.xx, and then I later realized that they had a whole non-sale endcap full of them with other non-sale Little People stuff. Not sure if it was a mistake that this one was marked down or if they all should have been in clearance. Anyway, good deal!

That's interesting cuz if one scanned that way, then the whole works should scan at that price! I will not buy anymore Little People... I will not buy anymore Little People... I will not by anymore Little People.

Oh, those sets are so cute, but my husband is convinced that those little people are breeding downstairs. I just look at him and laugh... sheepishly of course!

Was everything you bought 75% off? If so you saved way more than 1,200 hundred.

Your right, I saved $1800, that makes me even happier!!!! :D The scariest part is that tonight when I was showing my husband my haul he couldn't believe that was all I bought he thought it was going to be worse. Now that he said that I have started to think about hitting the Target in our area that didn't do any 75% today. When I was there at 2pm they had one markdown person basically just scanning people who came up to her and she told me that the manager had decided to just do everything at once tomorrow like in the past then have them mess around each day trying to mark down just a few. Might be worth a 20 minute drive to find those last few illusive items I want but if she told to to many people I will have to be there when the store opens tomorrow so another early day.

Hey, has anyone checked the N.N, Hampton or chesapeake stores yet? My dd is a little under the weather. Won't be able to check today!!

I did the Va Beach store after work tonite and it was a mix and MESS of three aisles with a jumble of 30/50/75. Best buys I found were in the clothes sections and housewares. TONS of 75 to be found! I got lots of stuff but really happy with the butcher block with knives for 4.xx and the video game ottoman for 14.xx! Picked up a few toys but nothing too exciting except the water baby my dd wanted for 4.xx. Tons of people there. Oh why oh why do I want a career when I could be out shopping all day when it isn't crowded???? LOL!!

Edited by chelle23662

Got the same set today 75% off - they had a lot of them.

DH snagged a $22 Icoaster at the Macedonia Ohio store. He is not a deal finder, but I gave specific instructions. He was amazed. He wasn't sure what else to look for. He said he was in a hurry to get out of there because there were so many people in the toy dept. DS3 wants on of these for his birthday, and at $22 I have no problem getting it for him.

Hi! This is my first post even thought I've been lurking all week trying to figure out when my Target would go to 75% off. I went this afternoon and everything was still at 30% with a few items marked down to 50%. There wer literally 6 isles of clearance toys, I've been checking everyday for 2 weeks!!

My friend and I asked 2 people working in the toy section if they knew when they would go. One said check monday then changed it to tomorrow. But do they even do markdowns on Fridays? Then the other girl told us to check Tuesday...:confused:

I had my DH check a larger Target in another town and everything was still at 30% there as well. So tomorrow I'm just going to hit a few targets that are about 45 min away from me. Hopefully I'll find some deals there.

All three Targets in CT - Hartford area were finally at 75% off and the rest of the stuff was at 30-50%. Can I just say I'm exhausted..My ds1 was such a trooper too..not complaining at all.

I got $150 worth of stuff - all 75% off. The big items that I still want but were not 75% are:

Handy Manny Truck/Tools, Little Einsteins Rocket, Biscuit, Digital Art Studio and maybe the Barbie furniture set that I saw... I bought dd3 wooden doll house (Amazon sale) and even though this set is plastic and for Barbie I'm wondering if I can use it in there...

So I first stopped by the Target that's closest to me and the signs still said 30% off around 9:45 a.m. There were no employees and no one shopping in there. I looked at some of the tags and they were all only 30-50% so I almost left. (Go figure after I knew that I needed to look at ALL toys closely and that signs don't mean much. I don't know what I was thinking...) I also noticed there were a bunch of carts sitting all along the wall. Well, I thought those were all new Toys that needed unloading and that's why I thought the clearance wasn't happening Today. Well I looked inside one cart and the stuff in there was 75% off!!! So I started digging and found a bunch of Take Along Thomas toys and one Thomas set 75%!!! The other carts had Batman and Indiana Jones, Magnetix and all those other older kids' kind of Toys that I didn't need. I also found all "Cars" sets at 75% along the wall behind the carts, which was also kind of strange.. Actually as I was shopping in those carts a couple of people came by and left not even taking one look inside. I don't know if they though I was an employee or what..I mean I had my ds1 with me, right?? Then I realized a bunch of stuff on the shelves was at 75% as well so I just had to look at each tag. For a good half hour I was the only one shopping there!!

I then hurried to the Target 25 mi. away as they had the train tables and Buiscuits. Got there around 11:30 and grabbed the Train Table!! The employee commented how these were going fast and that another woman has just grabbed one and now I was taking the last one!! (Yeh, I know they had two, I've been looking at them for over a week now..)

Funny story: Last night I saw Thomas tracks set and I knew it will be gone so I misplaced it 3 rows down in the bike helmets section. Now, I never do that but this was just too tempting. So Today I was thinking it wouldn't do me any good as this was prob. the only one and so how would I get them to scan it at 75%? Esp. since I have seen some Thomas sets Today with 50% stickers and others at 75% so they would just tell me this one hasn't gone on clearance yet. Well, after I grabbed the train table I went to retrieve the set and boy was I surprised when it was not only there but also had a red sticker with 75% price!!! I thought that was super weird how they stickered it but didn't bother to bring it back to the Toy section!!!

So btwn the three Targets here're the stuff that I got:

MLP Advent Calendar - 3.74 (this completes my collection - I now have all 3 for next X-mas)

Dress-up Barbie Dress - 4.98

Speed Racer (Hot Wheels) 6-pack cars - 4.48

Thomas Trackmaster Railway System - 6.24

Thomas Take Along Race - 6.74

Thomas Take Along Felt Playmat - 3.98

Thomas Take Along Emily - 1.72

Thomas Take Along Molly - 1.72

Thomas Take Along Stanley - 1.74

Thomas Take Along Hector - 1.98

Thomas Take Along Madge - 1.98

Thomas Take Along Carnival Movie Car - 1.98

Thomas Take Along Faulty Whistles Movie Car - 1.98

Dirt Devil Play Vacuum - 3.75

Sleeping Beauty Horse - 8.74

Parents Register - 6.48

Scrabble (Dora) - 3.24

WordWorld (Mega - posters with washable markers activity) - 2.38

Clipo creativity table - 7.48

Imaginext Gorilla Mountain - 9.98

"Cars" - Car Wash - 2.24

"Cars" - Dinoco Garage - 2.24

"Cars" - 3 pk. (2) - 3.74 each

"Cars" - 1 pk. (3) - 1.48 each

"Cars" - Radio Control Mater - 3.74

Musical sit & spin (Playskool) - 5.48

Edit: O yeh..I forgot the Train table for $19.98 and Step 2 playmats for 5.07 (green - the other colors were not at 75% yet)

Edited by arelf27

For those in Buffalo, NY- the Target on Walden Ave marked toys today to 75% but not all of them. The associates marking down the items said not everything was going to get marked to 75%. They did have lots of toys and most were 50 -75% off. They had a few of the Fisher Price Dvd players but were at 50%. i got a cranium game for 3/74 and harry potter 20Questions for 3.74. my kids are older so i don't need many toys but went to see if i could find stuff for my niece and neighbor's kid since they are little. I also went to Target on Transit in Depew and nothing was marked down-still at 30% but ill be heading back after work to see if anything was done during the day as i have my eye on some Spa Factory stuff there.

Zooee -- I'm in the Buffalo, NY area and haven't gotten out to Target in about a week. Did you look at any of the larger table hockey things? I believe there were three different kinds. Do you know if these went 75%? My fiance has his eye on one and I forgot to get the DPCI last time I was there! Thank you! :fluffy:

I'd like to thank my St Louis girls for letting me know about the 75% off toys today. I was able to drop at a friends house and go grab what I needed.

My favorite buy was the My little Pony Advent. I'm using it for potty training and it's a BIG hit. My 2 year old is finally going without any prompting. Well, for tonight at least!:)

I'd like to thank my St Louis girls for letting me know about the 75% off toys today. I was able to drop at a friends house and go grab what I needed.

My favorite buy was the My little Pony Advent. I'm using it for potty training and it's a BIG hit. My 2 year old is finally going without any prompting. Well, for tonight at least!:)

Oh, my gosh! that is a GREAT idea! I may have to pick one up if they have any next week when I go back.