Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

For those in Buffalo, NY- the Target on Walden Ave marked toys today to 75% but not all of them. The associates marking down the items said not everything was going to get marked to 75%. They did have lots of toys and most were 50 -75% off. They had a few of the Fisher Price Dvd players but were at 50%. i got a cranium game for 3/74 and harry potter 20Questions for 3.74. my kids are older so i don't need many toys but went to see if i could find stuff for my niece and neighbor's kid since they are little. I also went to Target on Transit in Depew and nothing was marked down-still at 30% but ill be heading back after work to see if anything was done during the day as i have my eye on some Spa Factory stuff there.

Things are definitely being done a bit differently at some of the KC stores this year. I got out a bit this afternoon, and stores that I knew hadn't marked anything down this morning were in fact down to 75% off, but only here and there... not everything like previous years. There are a couple stores who didn't appear to have done markdowns since yesterday, but some stores did mark things to 50%, some things to 75%. The odd thing is that if they are doing this a little at a time like someone mentioned, that is not characteristic of this sale at all. I mean in the past it's one day and bam, it's over. So, if those stores who did mark things to 50% today go back tomorrow or Friday and mark them to 75%, that is just plain weird and this will be the first year that something like this has happened... at least that I'm aware of! Now, if they wait a week before doing any more marks, that is at least a little more in line, but to have a markdown team working on a department doing a little each day is a much different approach. It's probably a really much more fair way to doing it, that's for sure... gives lots of shoppers a chance without people going to nuts all at once.

Corporate decides which stores go on clearance, per the mgr i spoke with last night. Some of the inner city stores or ones with less stock of toys, will clearance sooner than the ones with big stock (aka Western Shawnee). I live in Western Shawnee, and hit the sale last year and spent bunches....this year per the mgr, it just isn't the same. Please let me know what KC stores you know have the 75% off toys. PLEASE AND THANK YOU. I have belonged to this site for years, but had to change my name, because i switched email addresses.

My husband tells me that I must have been seriously deprived of toys as a kid, and I'm trying to compensate with my own kids. Well, if my mom had been the serious bargain shopper that I am, then maybe I wouldn't be doing this crazy toy shopping...

...that's it, it's my mother's fault!! LOL :D

I am the same way. I have 3 kids and get the biggest High out of after Christmas Clearance shopping. I hit the CVS's, the walgreens, World Market had 90% off xmas (my lunch hour yesterday).....totally love it! heading to a different Target today, to see if they have some 75% off.

I was told yesterday at one of the local targets in the Kansas City Area: that corporate decides which stores go 75% off and when. The one in Western Shawnee, will not hit this week-May hit next week on Wednesday, but it could be the following Wednesday. A very reliable Mgr at the Target told me this. Even though another target 15 miles away, hit 75% off yesterday (smpky and metcalf). So anyone else in Kansas City????? Please post what stores went 75% off toys today. PLEASE AND THANK YOU! I was also told that if I bought something at the target not 75% yet and returned to the target at 75%, that i could return and repurchase!!! The only way to get the sale price.

I would check today anyway. I would not at all trust what he is saying. That's just me though. I think they sometimes will tell you it's going to be later for a lot of reasons, but just like he said, "Corporate decides when it goes." There hasn't been a Target in KC that has dropped its toys that far behind the others in all the years that I've been shopping this sale. This definitely COULD be the year... I'm certainly not trying to say that I KNOW anything for a fact either, but I would feel bad for you if it does go today and you miss it. :no:

I went this morning, and scored up pretty good. A lot of 75% off, but still some 30% and some 50%. I really wanted the Tough kids DVD player to go down I even hid it, no such luck still 30% and the LPS stuff i was keeping my eye on still 30%, but I did do pretty well for the PTA shopping i have to do, 280.00 later all 75% stuff...whahooo:D

I would check today anyway. I would not at all trust what he is saying. That's just me though. I think they sometimes will tell you it's going to be later for a lot of reasons, but just like he said, "Corporate decides when it goes." There hasn't been a Target in KC that has dropped its toys that far behind the others in all the years that I've been shopping this sale. This definitely COULD be the year... I'm certainly not trying to say that I KNOW anything for a fact either, but I would feel bad for you if it does go today and you miss it. :no:

Thanks for the advice. I agree with you. The lady sounded like she was being very honest with me. She also told me about how to buy and return and commented "don't tell anyone i told you." That kinda gained my trust in what she had said. Did the Ward Pkwy target go 75% today? Does anyone know which Targets in Kansas City are 75% today? FYI, the one on Smpkwy and Metcalf, had 30% still posted last night, and only 2 aisles of clearance toys (small selection) but about 3/4 of the stuff was already 75% off. :) Have you gone anywhere yet today?

Thanks for the advice. I agree with you. The lady sounded like she was being very honest with me. She also told me about how to buy and return and commented "don't tell anyone i told you." That kinda gained my trust in what she had said. Did the Ward Pkwy target go 75% today? Does anyone know which Targets in Kansas City are 75% today? FYI, the one on Smpkwy and Metcalf, had 30% still posted last night, and only 2 aisles of clearance toys (small selection) but about 3/4 of the stuff was already 75% off. :) Have you gone anywhere yet today?

I used to have an older lady at my target that would call my cell phone and let me know when the deep discount clearance happened. That was awesome! But i guess she decided to quit working, haven't seen her there in a very long time.:(

Just got back from Target in Huntersville, NC. Signs say 50% but a lot is 75% and some is still 30%. A lot of the bigger items seem to be at 75% including, but not limited to, airhogs, magnetix i-coaster, geotrax high-flying airport, Mrs. Goodbee doll house, and that wooden train track someone had mentioned. They actually squished the aisles together last night so you cannot get a cart down the toy clearance aisle.

Just got back from the cr, ia store and some were 75% off some went 50% and some stayed at 30%. I had the toy isles to myself besides the mark down team. Guess I'm the only crazy one to go toy shopping when it's -52 with wind chill! Edited by smurfgirl
spelling

Springfield, MO seems to be about the same as everyone else. LOTS of toys on clearance, but only a portion marked down to 75%. Most still sitting at 30-50%. All the 75% stuff was loaded onto rolling carts for people to pick through. None of the stuff I was wanting was 75%.

in Victor, NY some toys are 75% and some were just being marked 50% this morning. The ladies were marking down as I shopped. I got the Star Wars Digi $89.XX orig for $22.XX and I bought the Star Wars Millenium Falcon $129.XX marked to $34.XX.

I saw the 30% off clearance clothes and bought my older son snow pants for next year for $3.74 and a white mens hoodies for $1.74.

Springfield, MO seems to be about the same as everyone else. LOTS of toys on clearance, but only a portion marked down to 75%. Most still sitting at 30-50%. All the 75% stuff was loaded onto rolling carts for people to pick through. None of the stuff I was wanting was 75%.

Springfield is overshopped! I so wish we'd get another store in town. Did you see any of the geotrax airports or any Legos?

Springfield is overshopped! I so wish we'd get another store in town. Did you see any of the geotrax airports or any Legos?

Springfield is overshopped, but I have had great luck at the store in Branson, is it to far to drive for the Toy Clearance?

What a wonderful day!!! I woke up this morning to turn on the news and find out that state employees (that's me!!) did not have to report to work until 11 due to a heating problem. So, I went ahead and got ready and decided to run in to Target. When I got there, there was a team (3 ladies) that was feverishly marking things down. One of the ladies was extremely helpful. She was working at the end of one of the aisles and told me that everything in those aisles would be marked down further, but she had just gotten started. She also told me that if I saw anything I wanted, she would scan it for me. I got the Princess Barbies for $14.98, a 50 pack of PlayDoh for $2.48, a tractor-trailer 24pc. car set $5.00, leap-frog learn n groove piano $3.74, and then I went to check the MM juices (like I always do to no avail), and ended up with my first 3 apple juices!!!! Thank you guys sooooooooo much for all your postings!!!

:g_dance::g_dance::g_dance::g_dance:

frustrating! i went to my closest target, the only one that i could feasibly go to before work, and no additional mark downs. of course, while i was there, i got reports of 3 other local stores who were all doing the 50 on some, 75 on others markdown. there were about 6 people there with me dissapointed, and they talked to friends and family who were at other targets

the people at my store played dumb, there was not a markdown team near

Ours had alot at 75%, some at 50% and little at 30%. The buterscotch and biscuit were NOT 75% so I gave up for now. Got some of the Cars and Barbie laptops for around $6 and osme other stuff. filled my buggy up haha!

Shoes, clothes and baby stuff was at 75%. Not any strollers, etc left but clothes only. This was lynchburg,va

I called my store and they said they were marking to 50% today so I went to the farther store since they have what I really want (a smartcycle, vsmile pocket & the digital art studio) but most things were 30% & 50% with a few scattered 75%. The 1 vsmile on clearance is still 30% and other 2 items are still 50%.

If anyone in the Tampa, Lakeland, Orlando area happens to come across the above stuff and/or the Dora castle for 75%, please pm me.

I went to Avon Target and like everyone else some clearance at 30%, 50% and 75%. Plainfield was a bust and no one was friendly or helpful! One person told me they did it yesterday, and another person told me they have no way of knowing until right before they mark it down. Whatever, I think someone was lying.... I just want an honest straight answer. I got that at the Avon store.

I went to three stores this morning and found two of my must have items at the last store. I asked the lady who was still marking things to check them for me and she lectured me about interrupting her and how she will never get her job done if people don't leave her alone. Funny thing is, I had spent 30 minutes in that aisle, helped her pick up stuff she had dropped and even went to another department for 30 minutes to work up the nerve to ask her to scan the TWO items I wanted. I understand they don't want interrupted-but I can't tell you the number of times target employees interrupted her and she stopped to chit chat so I thought I was ok. (I could hear them talking-wasn't business either!) So, i left the two things behind and went on my way. Going back shortly to see if they are still there but probably won't be! Mrs. Godby talking house not on sale at any of the three stores I hit today! :( Really sad! I got lots of stuff so I really can't complain, but the time the lady lectured she in, she could have scanned the two things I wanted............the people at the other two stores were perfectly willing and even told us...oh yeah, and the lady who said she kept getting interrupted-no one else but ME was even shopping the toy department! I had it all to myself so what was she talking about getting interrupted........no one would have even known and it would have been our secret....instead, I left ticked off....and got to go back! Oh well!!! YAY to everyone who got what they have been watching!!!! This sale is awesome!!!

I went to Ward Parkway Kansas City at 8:30 and nothing. They were marking every other department there but toys. There were about 10 other people there waiting on toys to be marked down. When I left at 9:30 still nothing. No one was around from the mark down team. If anyone goes later please post.

Target in Allen, TX & Plano, TX (Parker & 75) had marked a bunch of toys to 75% off. There were mixed in with toys that were marked 50% off and 30% off. So look at the red sticker to be sure.

The Allen store had a lot of people this morning. I got there around 9 and saw a bunch of ladies leave with multiple carts full of toys. :yup: As soon as I saw that I knew toys had gone 75% off! ;)

The Parker store had lesser number of people and more stuff at 9:30 this morning. So go there first, if you are in this area.

I hit 3 Memphis area Targets this morning.

First Target, closest to my house. Toys still 30%, no markdown team in sight.

Second Target - Southaven, some toys 75%, some not. ALready marked, though, no markdown team activity. I did get the silver holiday barbie that my daughter wanted, the little mommy potty doll regularly $60, for $14.99, a couple of moon sand playsets ($3.xx), two Yo Gabba Gabba figures in little train cars, and a couple of 50 packs of playdoh to send to school for the "prize chest".. thats it though!

Third target (Colonial), nothing marked down, no activity in toys. ARGH. I might check back tonight, I dont know what is going on. This is making me insane! :eyepoppin:mad:

OK.. just got back from one of the best Target trips as far as clearance stuff, but it was the worst for customer service!

In Kannapolis, NC Most of the toys are 75% They had 5 rows, but as I was there they were moving it down to 2 rows.. or at least trying to.

The people in the toys department were very helpful!

I got:

Star Wars Emperial Falcon 34.98 - 75% Thank to a lady who put it back because she did not want it! whoo hoo!!!!

Hot Wheels dino set 9.98 - 75%

Lazer game. Not really sure what this is by DS9 wants it 6.24 - 75%

Crainium Zooreka - 2.98 - 75%

Cosmic Catch Keep away - 3.98 - 75%

Nerf dart board - 3.98 - 75%

Bionicle Leggo set - 12.48 - 75%

Neo leggo or mega block set 1.74 - 75%

Playmobile Knights set 2.48 - 75%

Electronic Phase 10 6.48 - 50% off but we are going on a trip and need it did not want to wait.

There were tons of stuff still left. Lots of magnetics, but decided against those.

Now.. I also bought a few groceries....

I go to check out and the lady in front of me has all her clearance clothes ring up wrong. I should have known to switch lanes. They called someone over to help and they entered it manually so it was all good.

Then she rings us my groceries and goes to ring up my toys. Well the toys doe not ring up right so she has to manually enter them all in. She is very frustraited and seems to be rushing. She called a bunch of people over and told them they had to figure out what was going on that none of the clearance was ringing up right. Still no problem... she is correcting all the wrong prices.... Then we get to the nerf dart board...

the sticker price says it was 39.99 and was now 19.99 50% - well I scanned the dart board and it was 3.98. First the wrong sticker had been placed on it.. no big deal, but since everything is not scanning correct her register comes up as 11.18. She said.. well, that is good, it is cheaper than what it is marked. I sad.. no it is 3 something. I could not remember the change.. She said sorry, I can not do that. I told her it rang up fine on the price scanners in the store. She said that was not possible. I asked if I could have a manager scan it.. She gets all flustered and said well, I am a manager. I said, well I promise you it did not ring up 11.18... it rang up 3 something. Well at this point there are 2 other managers there.. one girl takes my toys and starts scanning them at another register and all the prices come up right so they determine that it is the register. She then says that the nerf thing rings up 3.98. I said.. yes, I tried to tell her that and she said she would not give it to me for any less than 11.18. The first manager yells at me and said, what do you expect you said it rang up 3 somthing. I can not go on three something. I was floored. A different manager took me to a different lane and rang me up and apologized. I told him it was fine.. I could tell she was flustered. He said, well, that is putting it nicely.

UGH.. I was so frustraited. I understand that she was stressed, but she should not have yelled at me. I do not expect them to go off my word but I do expect when I tell them it is not ringing up correctly to at least check it out. It was obvious there was a problem.

anywho... I am happy with what I got!

Hubby loves Legos but did not see a single set. I don't know about the geotrax set, but will ask him. Tempted to hit Branson or Joplin since they always seem to be empty. You are right about Springfield, I knew it would be a madhouse.

I went to three stores this morning and found two of my must have items at the last store. I asked the lady who was still marking things to check them for me and she lectured me about interrupting her and how she will never get her job done if people don't leave her alone. Funny thing is, I had spent 30 minutes in that aisle, helped her pick up stuff she had dropped and even went to another department for 30 minutes to work up the nerve to ask her to scan the TWO items I wanted. I understand they don't want interrupted-but I can't tell you the number of times target employees interrupted her and she stopped to chit chat so I thought I was ok. (I could hear them talking-wasn't business either!) So, i left the two things behind and went on my way. Going back shortly to see if they are still there but probably won't be! Mrs. Godby talking house not on sale at any of the three stores I hit today! :( Really sad! I got lots of stuff so I really can't complain, but the time the lady lectured she in, she could have scanned the two things I wanted............the people at the other two stores were perfectly willing and even told us...oh yeah, and the lady who said she kept getting interrupted-no one else but ME was even shopping the toy department! I had it all to myself so what was she talking about getting interrupted........no one would have even known and it would have been our secret....instead, I left ticked off....and got to go back! Oh well!!! YAY to everyone who got what they have been watching!!!! This sale is awesome!!!

What 3 stores did you go to?