Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

No, that only applies to holiday clearance, not regular clearance. AND some states/stores even allow holiday merch to be returned for what you paid regardless of what the current price is.

When you return something with a receipt, there is a little piece of paper that shoots out with the return receipt. Sometimes they attach that small piece of paper to the item to indicate that the item needs a new clearance sticker. Most times that little 'scrap' of paper indicates that the item has gone down in price, however, I have bought things and returned to a different Target where the item's price is actually higher than what I paid. That new price is shown on that little piece of paper that shoots out of the register when you do your return. I believe it says "reticket" at the top or something. It shows the price THAT particular Target is selling it for and we all know each Target clearances things differently.

Regardless of what that piece of paper says, you get what you paid on your receipt...unless it's holiday merchandise. Then each store is different... I guess from state to state or something. That little reticket slip is just to help the CS people make sure that the item gets a new ticket on it. (Many times though they just wad it up and toss the reticket slip."

Oh, here is NJ.. that always give me the price its selling for when i try to return it. Even if i bought it for 10.00 at 30% off, if it's 90% currently.. they'll only give me 1.00. It sucks, i wish i lived in a different state.

LOL..you are a woman after my own heart...I think i'm more excited about the toy sale than my DD7 is! And by the way...I'm after Biscuit because my DD says that Butterscotch needs a friend! I'm also after the MLP amusement park...but i'm holding out for 75%!!!!

My husband tells me that I must have been seriously deprived of toys as a kid, and I'm trying to compensate with my own kids. Well, if my mom had been the serious bargain shopper that I am, then maybe I wouldn't be doing this crazy toy shopping...

...that's it, it's my mother's fault!! LOL :D

which target in tustin.. isn't there more than one?? I have tried to get my neice a pony last year and failed, now this year, I am really hoping to pull it off. her bday is feb. 1st and I would love to give her the Smore's pony..

(sigh)

In tustin, are the Smore's ponies 50% off ?

Edited by confessions
typo

Oh, here is NJ.. that always give me the price its selling for when i try to return it. Even if i bought it for 10.00 at 30% off, if it's 90% currently.. they'll only give me 1.00. It sucks, i wish i lived in a different state.

That only applies to seasonal merchandise. So if they are trying that with anything else, then you should fight it. Of course, only seasonal merchandise drops to 90% off, so if that is all you have tried to return, that would make sense.

I'm wondering which Target I should visit 1st:

So this one Target closest to me has had clearance toys organized for over a week and were putting out new toys today. This other Target (25 miles from me) only finally organized the clearance into one section Today and have not put out any new Toys yet (just have empty shelves) The only thing is this Target actually has some of the bigger items that I really want: Biscuit, Train Table, etc. I'm torn which Target I should run to in the morning??

Do you guys think this second Target will spend their time tomorrow putting out new Toys rather than do the 75% sale?

I'm wondering which Target I should visit 1st:

So this one Target closest to me has had clearance toys organized for over a week and were putting out new toys today. This other Target (25 miles from me) only finally organized the clearance into one section Today and have not put out any new Toys yet (just have empty shelves) The only thing is this Target actually has some of the bigger items that I really want: Biscuit, Train Table, etc. I'm torn which Target I should run to in the morning??

Do you guys think this second Target will spend their time tomorrow putting out new Toys rather than do the 75% sale?

If the 2nd store had already marked the clearance stuff on the regular schedule a week or two ago, then I'd go ahead and go there despite the fact that they just organized it. Mostly it is about the markdown team, which is separate from the organization. If it was marked on schedule, then it should stay on schedule.

It has nothing to do with NJ. It has to do with your Target. They don't know what they are talking about. The above should only happen with seasonal, not regular clearance. I have never had a problem returning things for the price I paid if I have a receipt. There are a few other NJ posters on this thread, maybe they have your issue returning? But not me.

It has nothing to do with NJ. It has to do with your Target. They don't know what they are talking about. The above should only happen with seasonal, not regular clearance. I have never had a problem returning things for the price I paid if I have a receipt. There are a few other NJ posters on this thread, maybe they have your issue returning? But not me.

I was just going to make the same response. I am in Union County, NJ and have never had a problem returning, even seasonal merchandise, and getting full price as long as I had my receipt. I have returned things obviously seasonal, like returning a Halloween costume in November, and as long as I have my receipt I get the original price I paid.

I have seen the other posts and am dreading the day my Targets start enforcing this rule

I was just going to make the same response. I am in Union County, NJ and have never had a problem returning, even seasonal merchandise, and getting full price as long as I had my receipt. I have returned things obviously seasonal, like returning a Halloween costume in November, and as long as I have my receipt I get the original price I paid.

I have seen the other posts and am dreading the day my Targets start enforcing this rule

Ditto on everything except the part about returning the Halloween costume.

Re Tustin: The Target at Jamboree and Irvine Blvd.(The Marketplace) I don't know the current Smore's price, but it was red tagged yesterday (Wed). They had about 5 on the toy asile that faces the patio furniture. I'd go this am to get one....I know I will be there, I want to finish my Christmas shopping. I didn't see any at the District store. Edited by trbarginhunter
forgot about the store at the District

I'm hoping for 75% off today too, but I won't be able to check until lunch time. It was a no go at the other Target store in my area last night... they did have 16 Biscuits out though... I couldn't believe they still had that many. I'm sure they will go fast though. Edited by KrisinTn

I'm hoping for 75% off today too, but I won't be able to check until lunch time. It was a no good at the other Target store in my area last night... they did have 16 Biscuits out though... I couldn't believe they still had that many. I'm sure they will go fast though.

I can't head out until lunch either, but since some people reported the markdowns didn't happen until later... maybe that will work out for us. Fingers crossed!

called with a dpci this morning and still 30% here in the shenandoah valley. the employees i spoke to in the store and over the phone were kinda rude about the sale. she said they were a low inventory store and don't start the sales when other targets do:yuck:

Went to Target last night after DH got home from work. No extra 30% off on clothes. Toys were still 30% off. Even shoes and boots were still only 30% off.

I want to go back and check today. I have to wait for DH to get home from work again cause it is -2 degrees here (-14 with the wind). I don't want to take DS out cause he already has a cough.

My mom is going to the Target by her house (was also only 30% off yesterday). She will call me if toys are 75% off. She will stock up for me just in case ntohign is left when I get to Target this evening.

KC Traderbear, which stores in kansas city did you stop by today? I didn't see anything at the one in stanley. Do you think they will be marking things down first thing in the morning or should I wait until later in the day?

Thanks

I went to Lee's Summit yesterday and they were still 30%-50%. I am heading to Ward Parkway this morning at about 8:30 or 9:00 and my friend is going to one up North. I will post when I get back.

Went to Target last night after DH got home from work. No extra 30% off on clothes. Toys were still 30% off. Even shoes and boots were still only 30% off.

I want to go back and check today. I have to wait for DH to get home from work again cause it is -2 degrees here (-14 with the wind). I don't want to take DS out cause he already has a cough.

My mom is going to the Target by her house (was also only 30% off yesterday). She will call me if toys are 75% off. She will stock up for me just in case ntohign is left when I get to Target this evening.

I sent DH last night on the way home from work. My DS has a cough too. Hopefully there is something left later. I have to wait too:(

my store being marked down today but at 8 they hadnt made it to that dept yet. One of the team members did tell me it would be today, but with them having to scan every item it will take a while. There was one lady there with her daughter waiting. I really didnt see too much that I wanted though.

I went to Lee's Summit yesterday and they were still 30%-50%. I am heading to Ward Parkway this morning at about 8:30 or 9:00 and my friend is going to one up North. I will post when I get back.

FYI...Ward parkway was still 30% yesterday afternoon with ZERO activity in the toy section. I'm hoping they had a team in early this morning...I'll be there around 9:30...maybe I'll see you there! :)

The Mission Target (Sh Mission Pkway & Metcalf) was at 75% off yesterday.

Do you recall seeing any Smart Cycles at Lees Summit?

Yes they had 2 or 3. The clearanced toys are on the back shelf where the games usually are. There are 5 shelves of toys. I think if I remember right they are towards the middle on the bottom shelf. If they didn't get moved.

I was told yesterday at one of the local targets in the Kansas City Area: that corporate decides which stores go 75% off and when. The one in Western Shawnee, will not hit this week-May hit next week on Wednesday, but it could be the following Wednesday. A very reliable Mgr at the Target told me this. Even though another target 15 miles away, hit 75% off yesterday (smpky and metcalf). So anyone else in Kansas City????? Please post what stores went 75% off toys today. PLEASE AND THANK YOU! I was also told that if I bought something at the target not 75% yet and returned to the target at 75%, that i could return and repurchase!!! The only way to get the sale price.