Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

We are still 30-50% off toys in Mt Pleasant, SC. They had someone on almost every aisle moving toys and putting out new toys. Most of the clearance toys were in the first few aisles near camping. There were still a few clearance toys mixed in with the others. Also a lot on the endcaps.

Global Bazaar or whatever they are calling it this year is 30% here also and on-line as well. Shocked me too.

I loaded up in the baby-toddler clothing sale. I bought my son a Circo jacket for $4.24! Carters pj's were 50% off, lots of cute shirts, sweats, even socks were $1 vs $1.50.

Strollers were 30-50% off. I really wanted a booster seat, but the carseats aren't on sale.

I'll be back tomorrow to see if toys go 75% and to check out the baby gear! Hope I can get the kids up early...did I just say that?!? Never wake a sleeping baby except for 75% off!!

### 249 00 0022 Cosco Padded Folding Chair 8.74 (reg 34.99)

These were actually comfortable and they had a bunch a couple of days ago. I can't remember if it was at Frisco or West Plano though, sorry... Would be great for a nonprofit or church group (or the weekend poker game, LOL)

Shoot, I've been to three Targets now and non of them had these on clearance. Anyone find these, we are looking to purchase several and that represents a huge savings.

What is the chance that the toy markdown will be 50% instead of 75%? Seems like the consensus here is 75% since the 50% should have been done by now. But you never know...

Every year for the past 7 years, this sale (in January) has gone from 30% straight to 75% on practically everything that has been consolidated on the endcaps or in the aisles as "clearance." That's as long as I've been shopping their toy sale, so I can't say what has happened before then, but yes, I would say unless Target is choosing this year to do something drastically different, you can count on everything going straight to 75% this week. Some things are already marked 50% (as people have been mentioning). However, I think most stuff has only been ticketed to 30% off.

Not sure if these have been posted already, but here are some DPCI numbers for stuff on clearance, in case anyone is interested:

### Graco Snugride Safari Sun carseat (DPCI: 030.09.1654) - 30% off (orig. $79.99)

### Graco Glider Stroller - Safari Sun pattern (DPCI: 030.09.1746) - 30% off (orig. $89.99)

### Elmo Potty Ring with Handles (DPCI: 030.040.1414) - 30% off (orig. $12.99)

### Little Tikes Climb & Slide Castle (DPCI: 204.09.0374) - 30 off (orig. $48.30)

### Fisher Price Smart Cycle (DPCI: 204.04.0073) - 30% off

### Smores Pony (DPCI: 086.08.0992) - 30% off

Not sure if these have been posted already, but here are some DPCI numbers for stuff on clearance, in case anyone is interested:

### Little Tikes Climb & Slide Castle (DPCI: 204.09.0374) - 30 off (orig. $48.30)

I think $48.30 is the discounted price. It was $69 (?) before the 30% discount. I've got my eye on this one! :cheesy:

So what are people thinking/doing tomorrow? Did anyone hear anything from a target employee or anything? It's 40 minutes away and I'm curious if I should make the trip!:tongue1:

Last year I got there 8am and the toy department only had employees shopping and their families, and maybe 4 other ladies that got wind of the toy sale, so I was able to get everything I wanted until EVERYONE called EVERYONE and people were grabbing out of carts it was like black friday again!! So I now know to get there right at 8am:yup:

also does anyone have anymore lists of items they have their eyes on? I haven't been in a while so I have no clue what toys are clearanced!:eyepoppin:eyepoppin:confused:

Thanksss!

i debating if i should go in the morning or wait till thursday. my target is about 40-45 mins away. i hate to waste a trip but don't wanna miss the sale. :eek:

ahh I'm in the sammeeee boat! I think I'm just going to make the trip! and HOPE!;) I was hoping someone on here heard from a target employee the big dayyy! :cheesy:

I think it really depends on your target...last year one of mine went 2 days before the other...and a farther one away went the same day as the 2nd...so it's an individual target thing sometimes...i'm not taking any chances...i'm going out tomorrow AND thursday to both nearby just in case...my DD7 is starting to feel better and said she's ready to go to school again so that I can hit the toy sale for her! :D

I'm hoping to pick up Biscuit, the sleeping beauty doll w/fairies and the tiny my little pony playset...as well as a million other things we don't "need" but i'll get carried away i'm sure :)

So what are people thinking/doing tomorrow? Did anyone hear anything from a target employee or anything? It's 40 minutes away and I'm curious if I should make the trip!:tongue1:

Last year I got there 8am and the toy department only had employees shopping and their families, and maybe 4 other ladies that got wind of the toy sale, so I was able to get everything I wanted until EVERYONE called EVERYONE and people were grabbing out of carts it was like black friday again!! So I now know to get there right at 8am:yup:

also does anyone have anymore lists of items they have their eyes on? I haven't been in a while so I have no clue what toys are clearanced!:eyepoppin:eyepoppin:confused:

Thanksss!

Argh. I know what you mean! Back in the day, for ANY of the clearance sales you could have your pick of whatever you wanted. Now, I guess word has gotten around. I was so bummed that wind of the toy clearance sale popped up on this parenting message board that I frequent. SOooOOOOO many people didn't know about it and now they're all, "When is it? I'm going to go!" :gdangry4:

I am debating if I want to go tomorrow or wait till Thursday. I have been to Target every single day in the last two weeks. Now my DS (2) has a cough. We are supposed to get snow tonight and it is going to be really cold tomorrow (hig of 8 degrees). Am I a bad mother cause I am thinking about taking him out to Target?

Maybe I can talk my DH in to going to work late.

I went to Target today, and there was an extra 30% off all the clearance girls, boys, and baby clothes. I have never seen this before. There was a lot of 50% and 75%, so it was great having an extra 30% off!

Same here! I'd never seen this before. We figured it came to around an 83% discount.

Okay, I don't do this often, but a little gloat is good once in awhile.

Today was sunny and 85 degrees. Tomorrow should be the same. I have 2 Targets within 5 minutes of my house (opposite directions). Another 4 within 20 minutes and another 7 within a 30 minute drive.....

Maybe we can't afford to buy a house in this insane state, but there are SOME advantages!!

Augh!! I hope it's tomorrow. If not I'm going to miss out this year and I'm so sad. On Thursday I have to drop my son at preschool at 9 and my daughter has a doctor's appointment at 10. I have my list ready, now I just have to get the diaper bag full of toys and snacks together in case we have to kill time in Target tomorrow.

Augh!! I hope it's tomorrow. If not I'm going to miss out this year and I'm so sad. On Thursday I have to drop my son at preschool at 9 and my daughter has a doctor's appointment at 10. I have my list ready, now I just have to get the diaper bag full of toys and snacks together in case we have to kill time in Target tomorrow.

i see plenty of time for running into Target from 9:10am-9:50am :yup:

Funny, I am hoping for Thursday. My dad is having a quadruple bypass tomorrow and somehow I don't think my mom will understand me leaving her alone (no matter how GREAT the sale!)

Okay, I don't do this often, but a little gloat is good once in awhile.

Today was sunny and 85 degrees. Tomorrow should be the same. I have 2 Targets within 5 minutes of my house (opposite directions). Another 4 within 20 minutes and another 7 within a 30 minute drive.....

Maybe we can't afford to buy a house in this insane state, but there are SOME advantages!!

Gloat all you want, 85 degrees is too hot for me! Come try our subzero weather - it makes you feel all tingly.:fluffy:

Now to figure out what time to check out Target. Last year I hit it just right Thursday at 10am. They were just getting started with the markdowns, so I was able to get all I wanted and bring it to the crew if they hadn't gotten to it yet. I don't want to miss it by being too early for the markdown team to get going or by being too late and having to pick though the leftovers. Of course I will have to check tomorrow, but have my doubts about how my 2 tots will handle so much time in Target 2 days in a row...