Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Ended up at another CT Target tonight. Hubby and I had half an hour to kill after a nice dinner out (parents had kids over at their place) so I checked on the Toys. They have now all been organized into 3 aisles with 30% signs and even one 50% sign. I don't think there is a large variety of toys (I think the other Target has more though) but they have plenty of the clearance ones. Picked up Barbie avent calendar too (75%). Thank you for letting us know about this one!!! They still had about 6 of those left.. Was hoping the cashier lets me have the My Little Pony one for 75% but after a looong conversation with her fellow cashiers and some upper lever people on the phone she finally told me that one is only marked-down to 30%.. Oh well, I now have Barbie and LPS (picked up at 75% at Walmart) do I really need another one? I only have one dd3 and ds1.

How are you guys doing it..are you buying all three or just one?? I've never seen these before, next Christmas will be the 1st one we'll have these, not to mention that I'm Jewish so I don't even know that much about Christmas in anyways (although we do celebrate it and not the Jewish holidays..)

Edited by arelf27

Ended up at another CT Target tonight. Hubby and I had half an hour to kill after a nice dinner out (parents had kids over at their place) so I checked on the Toys. They have now all been organized into 3 aisles with 30% signs and even one 50% sign. I don't think there is a large variety of toys (I think the other Target has more though) but they have plenty of the clearance ones. Picked up Barbie avent calendar too (75%). Thank you for letting us know about this one!!! They still had about 6 of those left.. Was hoping the cashier lets me have the My Little Pony one for 75% but after a looong conversation with her fellow cashiers and some upper lever people on the phone she finally told me that one is only marked-down to 30%.. Oh well, I now have Barbie and LPS (picked up at 75% at Walmart) do I really need another one? I only have one dd3 and ds1.

How are you guys doing it..are you buying all three or just one?? I've never seen these before, next Christmas will be the 1st one we'll have these, not to mention that I'm Jewish so I don't even know that much about Christmas in anyways (although we do celebrate it and not the Jewish holidays..)

Which CT store are you referring to?

I ran into the same thing today -- all their Christmas PJ sets were -- get this, drumroll please -- 30 percent off!!!

I could not believe it. I kept scanning them, going, "are they JOKING?"

But yep, that was all they'd spring for.

All Christmas stuff gone here in Pa. too. However, I found some beautiful gift bags over in stationery that had lovely frosted evergreens on them, and they gave me those for 24 cents (reg. $2.49). Don't forget the regular stationery aisles; there's still stuff squirreled away down there!

I found a nice big fluffy bath rug "not in system" on the end caps and they offered it to me for $2.50 and I leaped at that! Got a pack of nice chopsticks -- six-piece set (12) -- for $1.48. Lots of housewares on clearance but not radical yet, so I'm biding my time. Toys still mostly 30% -- bah!

I've discovered that my Target is really good at keeping up with tagging clearance. This means that I almost never find an item on clearance that is any cheaper than it's already marked.

PJ's were only 30% here too. I asked when they would be marking them down more, and she said maybe sometime next week. No wonder they still have plenty of them.

I would LOVE to find Spike at 75% off-I haven't seen any at ours since well before Christmas, but if any GD's anywhere close to SW Missouri see one when toys go 75%, please let me know! I'll take a day off and make a road trip for that one!

Ive been looking for this as well. Shoot.........I would buy it at 50% off. My sons bday is next week. I havent seen it at ANY store, tho some still have the display case out. Cross my fingers. Anyone know the DCPI for SPike?

### 249 00 0022 Cosco Padded Folding Chair 8.74 (reg 34.99)

These were actually comfortable and they had a bunch a couple of days ago. I can't remember if it was at Frisco or West Plano though, sorry... Would be great for a nonprofit or church group (or the weekend poker game, LOL)

lately I'm even having trouble with NOF ("Item Not Found" at my store) stuff. It seems like half the time the item scans INF, they can punch in the numbers manually and then they get a "full" price to come up for it. :( Also, on Black Friday my son was upset with me because we scanned something ourselves and it came up INF so I told him it was probably clearance or else they perhaps they wouldn't sell it to us at all. I was prepared to have a conversation at the register when their scanners picked it up right away at full price! (made him put it back!) So today when I found 2 black spot dollar spot items that scanned NOF (that I just bought Sunday for a quarter) I put them back and decided it wasn't worth it...

I've had that experience as well. A number of times items scan NOF and then full price at the register. I just say, "Oh, I thought that was cheaper, I don't want it for that price." I have also had them able to pull up a price. So, as long as I know that I may not get it for a good price, I just don't sweat it.

Yup, I forgot, I found the Reynolds plastic wrap with all the pretty wrapped Christmas cookies illustrating the box, but no go -- it was back to regular price.

This was never part of the holiday clearance. It was YMMV if you could get the cashier to mark it 90%. I had luck at 1 store refused at the other.

Which CT store are you referring to?

This one is in Newington on Burlin Turnpike. I've also been Christmas/Toys shopping at the other two (both by malls) one in Farmington - West Farms Mall and the other in Manchester (or South Windsor??) I find the on in Manchester is the biggest one and has the most merchandise so I've been stocking that one for a while but they didn't have any Barbie advent calendars left and they haven't even consolidated their clearance stuff into the same place yet so I'm glad I decided to go visit this one.

OT but I just went to Walmart yesterday and was able to dig and find quite a few Christmas bargains at that one as well (also down in South Windsor - still 75%) This is after visiting Walmart in Newington a week ago and finding everything's good GONE!

So I think I will now shop in Manchester for all of these Clearances throughout the year even though these stores are the furthest for me..

Are you by any chance in Hartford area or the Stamford/New Haven?

Wow! I looked at my Target by they had only "wired" GH stuff. :( I didn't realize they were still making that stuff... I wanted to pick up another disk or Guitar for my son...

Check TRU, they had all genre of GH with wireless guitars on clearance about a week ago. I was able to get GH Aerosmith edition for Wii w/guitar for $39.98. HTH ;)

I'm surprised I haven't seen Valentine's merchandise out yet. My store has all of the owl/turtle place settings and bath/kitchen items but no children's Valentine's or candy out yet. Does anyone know when they start putting it out? I thought it'd already be out by now!

This year, my son is able to give the Hot Wheels cars (individually wrapped w/ 'To: and From:' on them) that I bought at 75% clearance THREE YEARS AGO!!!:g_dance: I bought 4 packs to make a total of 24 cars!

That made me wonder why they haven't put out the rest of the V-day merchandise. I seem to remember lots of goodies from last year. I'm already looking forward to the clearance!

"This year, my son is able to give the Hot Wheels cars (individually wrapped w/ 'To: and From:' on them) that I bought at 75% clearance THREE YEARS AGO!!!:g_dance: I bought 4 packs to make a total of 24 cars!"

That made me wonder why they haven't put out the rest of the V-day merchandise. I seem to remember lots of goodies from last year. I'm already looking forward to the clearance!

I love those packs. DN(6) has a March B-Day I always do the bags for all of their parties. They always have the best bags:D. I can't wait to do the easter hunt bags with the stuff from last year. I have a rubbermaid bin filled with this stuff. Best part is each bag costs under $2 but looks like much more.

I visited a store here in Florida Friday afternoon and the majority of the toys were still at 30% off. I scanned a few to see if the price wasn't marked down yet, but no luck.

I found a few things at 50% off but not any toys for my kids.

where in Fl are you? I'm in Lakeland but sometimes go to Tampa & Haines City (I think that's what they call the one by the Dick's) and when visiting family, I go to Ft Myers stores

where in Fl are you? I'm in Lakeland but sometimes go to Tampa & Haines City (I think that's what they call the one by the Dick's) and when visiting family, I go to Ft Myers stores

Sebring. I checked the Brandon store. Where I wondered into the 75% off last year.....

Ok- who thinks the toys are 75% this Thursday? :)

I'll be checking on Wednesday since toys here usually get marked on that day. but if it's a no-go that day, then I'll be going back first thing on Thursday. I think it's definitely one of those two days.

If anyone happens to see that baby stuff went to 50% or 75% off tomorrow (Monday), can you please, please, please post? I'm desperately waiting for some stuff to get lower than 30%, especially the Sit N Stand Lx Stroller.

Thanks!! :)

Ok, dumb question. My store is 30% off. When they go to 50 or 75% off do they go off the clearnance sticker or by the original price. I am really wanting to get a globe for ds7 and the tag reader for ds4. THanks I live at least 40 minutes away from Target so I can't go check everyday. WHich is probably a good thing:tongue1: