Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Went to 3rd Target at CT which was also 75%. So that's 2 at 75% and one at 90% (virtually nothing left at this one.) I didn't really need any Christmas stuff anyway (stocked up at 75% off & at Walmart.) Advent calendars were ringing up full price in all 3. Tried to price adjust them along with some Christmas books but they all looked at me like I had two heads. I don't know how you guys do it. I did find four sticker books next to electronics section in one Target for $1.99 down from $6.99. (I think that's 75% discount.) One was Winter something but the other one was Little Mermaid. I think their orig. price was off by one dollar but they were discounted to the same price so not sure what that was all about. I bought two and stashed the other two so I can hopefully get it at 90%. Also stashed some Bath gift sets in Target nearest to me. They were only at 30%. There were Cars, Tinker Bell, Spider Man, Curious George, Einsteins. I really want these as they will make awesome party favors for DS 2nd Birthday. Do you think those will go lower and to what percentage?

Ooh.. and I did find some toys in all 3 Targets that were at 50%.

Where in Mich???

Sorry..I haven't been online I'm in the Lansing area, but I think these book sets were everywhere. They are all boxed together in a beige box that is about 18" x20" (just guessing)

It was just displayed on the shelf with all the other kids' books. When I checked back later tonight there was one left in the Okemos store but I had told several people at work about it today. There were several sets this morning. Hopes this helps.

Don't see many California posts here but up here in the Sacramento area...the target closest to me was at 90% but just had a ton of small green wreaths and the tiny 9" little bare trees. Thats all! They did also have these white fudge covered oreos next to the greenery for $0.27 each! So I got 4 boxes of those and some mini butterfingers (last bag) at $0.27. I tried finding some books in the book section but no luck! I LOVE christmas books!

Luckily, I went to this same store last week and they had TONS of stuff at 75% off so I loaded up on the stuff I liked...

Here in the Houston area...the south east locations are 90% off but not much left.

The home even furniture is so nice!!!! I want it all but a bit pricey when I know how much they will be marked down to 75% off!

Were there lots and how do you get them to price adjust? That never works for me. I must not know what I am doing in Target.

All you can do is ask. It only works sometimes, and only at certain stores. Some stores will NEVER adjust a price. Others will do it without a problem. Your best bet is always with the youngest, and more often male, cashiers. The less jaded they are the better. Some of us have had experiences where the cashier looks at you like you are trying to shoplift, so you just have to always be prepared to say Okay, no thank you.

Montgomery 90% off yesterday, but my computer wasn't working when I got home last night.

I went around and found all the things that I had "misplaced."

Not alot in the regular Christmas aisles. Lots of wrapping paper and lights and little trees.

I got tons of the Command Hooks on the regular organization aisle. There were also some on the scrapbooking aisle for some reason. I don't know if they were misplaced but they were next to some tape and it was a whole rack of them. (Thanks to whoever pointed those out on here.)

I found lots of Christmas candy mixed in with the regular candy. I love the Lindor Truffles, so I was looking for them and found plenty in the Christmas packaging.

I looked for books and found none. I was really hoping. I might go back today just on the off chance that I missed something yesterday.

Christmas Eve I went in to Target and hid a $30 christmas stocking dig****** ornament and a $16.99 cast iron breadpan with gingerbread people on it behind a box of crackers. Yesterday I went back to get them for 90% off...and they were still there. My local Target has not stocked crackers in 2 weeks :eyepoppin

So I got my 2 items for 4.69 plus tax!!! LOL

Don't see many California posts here but up here in the Sacramento area...the target closest to me was at 90% but just had a ton of small green wreaths and the tiny 9" little bare trees. Thats all! They did also have these white fudge covered oreos next to the greenery for $0.27 each! So I got 4 boxes of those and some mini butterfingers (last bag) at $0.27. I tried finding some books in the book section but no luck! I LOVE christmas books!

Luckily, I went to this same store last week and they had TONS of stuff at 75% off so I loaded up on the stuff I liked...

Thanks for the heads up. I am not as north as Sac but I am in the Northern CA. I will check my local store today.:)

finally went 90% off today. It was comical. There were 4 of us waiting for the doors to open. This one guy took off running - he wanted all the lights - no biggie, last thing I needed was lights. The other two women were together and asked for a flatbed, LOL they wound up with 2 and needed them. They were buying about 50 trees for a winter wonderland ball decorations. I was shopping for wrapping paper, boxes, bags, bows, stocking holders, stockings and decor items - so it was all good - we were even helping each other out since we werent looking for the same things. It was really civil for the first 15 minutes while we were the only 4 there. Also got 18 pairs of christmas socks and 2 3 packs of christmas undies - so dont forget to check those out as well. I will wear the thick fuzzy socks all year since I am anemic and freeze to death in 90 degree weather. 29 and 39 cents a pair is a killer deal. My saving were 793.42 I got a bunch of extra garland and ornaments I liked as well. Didnt need any tree, already had 8. LOL Happy shopping everyone~

finally went 90% off today. It was comical. There were 4 of us waiting for the doors to open. This one guy took off running - he wanted all the lights - no biggie, last thing I needed was lights. The other two women were together and asked for a flatbed, LOL they wound up with 2 and needed them. They were buying about 50 trees for a winter wonderland ball decorations. I was shopping for wrapping paper, boxes, bags, bows, stocking holders, stockings and decor items - so it was all good - we were even helping each other out since we werent looking for the same things. It was really civil for the first 15 minutes while we were the only 4 there. Also got 18 pairs of christmas socks and 2 3 packs of christmas undies - so dont forget to check those out as well. I will wear the thick fuzzy socks all year since I am anemic and freeze to death in 90 degree weather. 29 and 39 cents a pair is a killer deal. My saving were 793.42 I got a bunch of extra garland and ornaments I liked as well. Didnt need any tree, already had 8. LOL Happy shopping everyone~

I'm so happy you finally succeeded! :)

Mine finally went 90% today too. Didn't have a ton of stuff but I got lots of stockings (small size for class party and some for utinsil holders during dinner), round cardboard boxes, 25 tapes (in reg aisle), a stray moon sand, and 4 SHEET SETS flannel for 1.99!! Never find these after 50% but they were returns (they all had a torn or marked off price and one still had paper stuck to it) spent a little less than 100.00 for 2 cartfulls. Oh yea I also got the small choxies for valentines bags and lots of plain green gift bags that can be used for lots of stuff!

Christmas Eve I went in to Target and hid a $30 christmas stocking dig****** ornament and a $16.99 cast iron breadpan with gingerbread people on it behind a box of crackers. Yesterday I went back to get them for 90% off...and they were still there. My local Target has not stocked crackers in 2 weeks :eyepoppin

So I got my 2 items for 4.69 plus tax!!! LOL

I have been every day for over a week doing recon in my store. I don't hide things personally, but I know other people do. So I spent about 3 hours yesterday searching the store aisle by aisle. This morning when things went 90%, I was at the door 10 minutes prior to opening and went straight for the things that I knew where were. I was pulling some things out of an outdoor garbage can and the manager walked up behind me and told me that she was going to have to ask me to leave. WHAT??? She said that they had found several of the things that I had hidden and they had been watching me and my friends (other Gottadealers... hey guys, you know who you are) and they knew what we were up to. She went on to tell me that she doesn't understand why when things are already 75% off that we feel that we need to hide them and get them even cheaper. She said that one of my friends said that she donates her stuff but the manager knows that she doesn't. Actually she does. Long story short... too late... I got my things this morning, but I was told that if I come back in the store, I will be arrested for trespass.

I have been every day for over a week doing recon in my store. I don't hide things personally, but I know other people do. So I spent about 3 hours yesterday searching the store aisle by aisle. This morning when things went 90%, I was at the door 10 minutes prior to opening and went straight for the things that I knew where were. I was pulling some things out of an outdoor garbage can and the manager walked up behind me and told me that she was going to have to ask me to leave. WHAT??? She said that they had found several of the things that I had hidden and they had been watching me and my friends (other Gottadealers... hey guys, you know who you are) and they knew what we were up to. She went on to tell me that she doesn't understand why when things are already 75% off that we feel that we need to hide them and get them even cheaper. She said that one of my friends said that she donates her stuff but the manager knows that she doesn't. Actually she does. Long story short... too late... I got my things this morning, but I was told that if I come back in the store, I will be arrested for trespass.

WOW! See i don't hide things either for 15%? its not worth it to me

If I see something I get it or leave it

15% is nice to have more off but not worth a hassle especially in smaller targets where lthey see everything!

I always feel like I am being watched at target I hate it

I always get can i help you asked to me at least 5 times a trip its annoying lol

WOW!! Can they really do that? Can they really tell you not to come back there? Do you think they would really remember who you are?

WOW!! Can they really do that? Can they really tell you not to come back there? Do you think they would really remember who you are?

Yes, they have every right to tell you to leave and not come back, though they need to really think that one through. Now if they remember you is another thing, in my store, they would since I am in there alot and they recognize me. I don't hid things, its abit sneaky though probably not illegal since you are not taking the items out of the store just misplacing them. I have never found a stash here but we are still pretty remote in the shopping world. I think I would feel weird to find something in a trash can/or similar. LOL

BTW, I have always been afraid of getting "caught".

Edited by Stowasser

I went to Target this morning and got there about 10 minutes before they opened. There was already a line, so I pretty much figured it must be 90% off today. Sure enough, it was. One lady walked in and grabbed 3 carts and headed back. She went straight for all the extension cords, cleared the whole shelf out of EVERYTHING in just a matter of minutes. I took a few before she could get to them, ha just to make her mad. The best deals were those red boxed gifts. Got a computer kit for $2.00 (regular $20), a photo box for $2.50 (regular $25), and a digital picture key chain for $2.00 (regular $20). They had about 20 of the 6' Christmas trees (regular $25) but no one even touched them at all. As I was standing there looking a guy came and brought the return cart over there and just left it. I immediately went over and started digging through it. Found 4 games...Scategories, Scrabble, and a Cranium game for 89¢ (regular $8.99) and a Monopoly game for 99¢. I was in a hurry so didn't have time to go to the regular toy aisle to look for more. The packaging wasn't in any way Christmas or holiday so most people would probably never assume they were 90% off. The best deal is to find the 3pk Scotch tape for 29¢ (regular $2.99) and find the $1 off the gift wrap cutter coupon on the back of it, buy the gift wrap cutter for 49¢ (regular $4.99) and you get the full $1 off, not just the 49¢! So you actually get the tape, the cutter, plus another 22¢ worth of stuff for free basically. All together I saved $375, I'd say thats a pretty good day. :)

Oh NO they didn't! I would be making some phone calls to Target Corporate, and to my lawyer. They are accusing you of being a thief, (since you were not creating a disturbance) and they cannot make those assumptions without concrete proof.

Ask them to show you any video, take down their name and call customer service to verify that you are not allowed back in that store. I bet you'll get an apology, the manager was in the wrong. If there are any issues that Target needs to address to it's guests, they have a loss prevention team to handle things that they deem questionable.

Edited by alexac
clarity

I just got off the phone with guest relations. They are calling the store to find out what happened on their end. She apologized for the store, and said that even if I had moved the merchandise to a different shelf, no harm no foul. It's all clearance and it happens.

I know that they can ask me to leave and not come back. They can do that. What I take issue with is the way that the situation was handled, in the aisle, with other customers.

P.S. It was a garbage can, but it's the outdoor ones back like with the water hoses and stuff... not really IN the garbage.

I guess you better find a different Target or wait until the manager quits working at that store.

I just got off the phone with guest relations. They are calling the store to find out what happened on their end. She apologized for the store, and said that even if I had moved the merchandise to a different shelf, no harm no foul. It's all clearance and it happens.

I know that they can ask me to leave and not come back. They can do that. What I take issue with is the way that the situation was handled, in the aisle, with other customers.

P.S. It was a garbage can, but it's the outdoor ones back like with the water hoses and stuff... not really IN the garbage.

I am glad that they are looking into it. I hope they work it out, I think the mgr should of just "warned" you and that banning anyone from a store is a very drastic step and really should be thought out on their part. As you, I have never hid anything but there is always a chance that someone will find the stash, are they going to ban everyone that may come upon misplaced items? I mean as I stated, I would find it weird to look inside something I was thinking of buying and there was stuff there (of course, I know what its there for being a part of GD)but I would find it embarrassing and harsh that a mgr came up to me and accused me of whatever they want to call it. Good luck and I am sure it will work out.

East Knox Target finally 90% off. Found lots of xmas Choxie (on the regular endcap) along with Pillsbury bake at home style holiday cookies for $0.25 each (they are in the refrigerated case). I told everyone there about the choxie and cookies - they were gone by the time I left! Lots of gift bags and wrap that could be used for any occasion. A few Rudolph stockings for angel tree gifts next year, not much else left. But I did find a holiday Dove chocolates bag in with the regular ones- Yessss!

How did you know something was in there? IN the can

How did you know something was in there? IN the can

I was there yesterday for about 3 hours looking for stuff that had been stashed. I always check the garbage cans, plastic totes, storage bins, drawers and cabinets in furniture, microwaves, etc. I would tell you the other places, but someone might get mad at me for sharing their stash location. :chairshot:gdfight: