BEWARE of buying from RED OCTANE...GH/RB

tokanm

Just an FYI I had ordered a GH3 game with wired guitar on 12/7..it was a great deal and there was a $20 off code I used. OK they debited my bank account and yet no delivery..ok

I went to the website it said Order Pending???Hmmmm tried to call them and could not get

a human..."no agents are able to take your call at this time" despite it being business hours

for them. I have emailed them several times (4-5) still no response. Today I sent them another email..nothing...so I was on a mission to call them...they are affiliated with Activision. Anyways just to let you know there are hundreds of similar complaints all over the

web about this company, not sending out the stuff, sending defective equipment etc.

My order is listed as cancelled as of yesterday...no email, no phone call nothing.

Just be very leary of buying from them..my son really wanted this and I suppose I still can go out and get it..but I have already paid for this and at a good price.

The fact that you just cannot get in touch with them at all is beyond FRUSTRATING!!!

So yes please beware of this company and its very poor CS. You can read lots of similar stories on line :mad: Arghhhhhh

Its been FIVE business days since you placed the order and you are this upset? FIVE? I ordered from them and LOVED the service, shipping and product. Perhaps they got confused at all yoru emails and thought best to cancel your order and submit a refund (which everyone knows takes a few days)

Its been FIVE business days since you placed the order and you are this upset? FIVE? I ordered from them and LOVED the service, shipping and product. Perhaps they got confused at all yoru emails and thought best to cancel your order and submit a refund (which everyone knows takes a few days)

Actually it has been 8 days..NOT 5!!! and it was supposed to be 3 days shipping. Just go read all the reviews of this company..you were lucky..most people are not!!!!!

Sorry you had such a bad experience with Red Octane. Guess I have been lucky cause I have ordered from them several times and never had a problem. But I HAVE had a problem with their warranties. GH is made by Red Octane so they are who you deal with for the warranties. Well, ds18's guitar wouldn't work and they gave him a return authorization # to send it in for a replacement. After 2 months, still no guitar. So he finally called them because the tracking # showed they had received it 5 days after it had been shipped. They told him to give them the tracking # and they would ship a new one. So he gave it to them and within 5 days, he had the new guitar. What made me mad was the fact that even though they had given him a rma# and a prepaid packing slip, they were not going to replace it UNTIL he called them.

Actually it has been 8 days..NOT 5!!! and it was supposed to be 3 days shipping. Just go read all the reviews of this company..you were lucky..most people are not!!!!!

It was 5 BUSINESS days, but 8 total days. Most businesses only count business days, I think that's what the other person was trying to point out.

I have ordered from Red Octane a few times and have never had any troubles. I'm sure every business has things fall through the cracks sometimes, it does stink that you were the crack faller though. I hope it all works out for you.

I'm sorry your having problems with them Mary-Ellen. I ordered GH from them and put in for the free shipping 5 to 9 days and i got it in 3 days. I didn't have any problems. I hope you can still get it for christmas.

Ditto! But now I am worried that the GH we got won't work Christmas morning! Keeping my fingers crossed- hope no one else has any other problems.

Just FYI still no guitar, no response to emails, no calls :(

My bank will do all the necessary steps that they charged me and didn't provide a product

or explanation and cannot show shipping etc. My order says cancelled :(

Oh well live and learn and always read the reviews about a company before you order from them :rolleyes:

I ordered a GH3 for PS2 when they had the $20 coupon sale also. I got my order very fast...no problems at all. Sorry your experience was not the same.

Wow, yeah that original poster is trippin. This is my second order from Red-Octane and they are actually damn good!!

I got the World tour game with 2 wireless guitars for the 360 in less than one week!

Ship date

Dec 12, 2008

Delivery date

Dec 18, 2008 12:19 PM

Wow, yeah that original poster is trippin.

I placed 3 orders with them this year. 2 were great deals and I got the products within 3-4 days. The other was the same problem OP had, so she's not 'trippin', it's a legitimate gripe. :confused: They charged my paypal and then listed the order as 'closed'. Emailed and called - no response. Turns out they ran out of the deal and didn't refund my $. I disputed with paypal and got an email in a few days. I replaced the deal with a higher price at a B&M, but it's really the lack of response from CS that's annpying. Try calling their CS # - you get a recording that they're too busy to take calls. :cheesy:

When the items are in stock, they're great to deal with - fast shipping, authentic product, great deals. :yup: When they're out of stock & don't respond to any contact, let's see what you think of them... Picture ordering the $300 bundle and going through this. :no:

Harmonix, maker of ROCK BAND products though.... I had a strum bar (guitar) problem by mid-Jan this past year. The included troubleshooting tutorial on the game disc identified it, I then called their service number, and they sent me another within 5 days. VERY satisfied.

Like Rock Band More too-just wish they'd come out with disc's more frequently. (oh & I've all G_H_ for PS2 and both R_B_ for PS3).

I'd write corporate on your discontent. Although I'll add "Sorry about your misfortune", I don't think you'll be able to recoup anything from the ordeal.

Edited by Cannon1