Toy idea for 3 year old girl? HELP!

what about a membership to a museum?

there may be a children's museum, zoo, or kid friendly museum of life and science nearby.

or dance classes?

That is a great idea and you could include it with a coupon book with little coupons that say, "day out with PawPaw" and some McDonald coupons and things like that to make the times she goes to the museum or zoo a very special day all year long. You could even make it a certain day of the month on each coupon that you planned ahead so the 3year old could look forward to that day every month/week or however you want to plan it out. Also would help teach her about dates and times. Maybe include a calendar with it. :D

Although I think the museum ideas are AWESOME (especially as a Mom), I don't know that a three year old would be overly excited to see tickets, only, on Christmas morning. If you go with this idea (I wish someone would do it for my kids!) It would be a good idea to get a stuffed animal or something to go with it... ie get her a big stuffed lion if you are getting a zoo membership or a baby furreal friends moving animal (these can be had for about $10 right now).

On the other hand, if you don't live near and can't do the museum/zoo idea with her, just remember that kids aren't counting the cash at that age and most little girls love dollys and stuffed pets, etc...

Lastly, and then I'll be quiet...

My mother has purchased an American Girl doll each Christmas for my daughters since they were toddlers. Each year, the girls pick out which doll they long for and Nani buys it for them. These dolls are beautiful and come in such nice boxes. They cost about $105. There are also TONS of accessories you can buy (not cheap). For a three year old, I would start with Bitty Baby who has a nice starter kit.

Good Luck! :D

A twirl dress with a tiara and wand Indygo Artwear makes some really nice ones and A princess doll to go with it. My daughter just got a doll stroller and she puts on her halloween princess gown then puts a dress on the doll and takes her for a stroll through the house lol. She'll be 3 in March

Some of my ideas for you:

Fur Real Friends Biscuit my Lovin Pup, he is on Amazon right now for $149 and I know my 3yr old would love one!

Trampoline with enclosure... I picked one up on Black Friday for $130 at Walmart but I have seen sales since that are in your price range.

Tickets to a travelling show (Disney Playhouse Live, Backyardigans, Sesame Street, etc.) with a stuffed animal/doll that goes with it. They can go together.

A train table with train set. I saw one on Costco.com recently that included everything, Target has a train table in this weeks ad.

Her own chair... Pottery Barn has the Anywhere Chair and you can even get it embroidered with her name. Pottery Barn Kids

My son has a little trampoline too. It's in our basement, he loves it and its good exercise. It does have the enclosure. Sure on either kmart.com for madd kidz trampoline or right now its at toys r us ...i think it's called my first trampline there.

Otherwise of course butterscotch the horse or biscuit the dog would of course be great if she doesn't already have them.

A toy kitchen set would be a great investment (especially if you plan on having more kids). But, honestly I would suggest that he get her a neat $50 toy and a $100 savings bond. She won't know the difference and in 15 years she would appreciate having that extra cash at school than some toy she probably won't remember having.

Also, I agree with the membership. If you get one, make sure there is a stuffed animal or toy to go with it.

My DD got her kitchen when she was 3 and she still plays with it. It is so hard to know what to suggest if she really has everything. I have seen mine like the dollar stocking stuffers as much as an expensive toy depending on what they wanted to play with at the moment.

My DD also love to do art at her desk. So a desk filled with art supplies would be an idea.

If you insist on spending that much the doll house, play kitchen, and train set are all great ideas. These things tend to last a long time because there are so many different ways to play with them as the kids grow through different stages.

Biscuit and Butterscotch are probably on every little girls (and many little boys) wish list. They look pretty cool, but I haven't seen one in action so I don't know if they can hold a child's attention for a long time. Elmo live seems to impress my DS2 and DD3.

Wrap up a swimsuit or armband floaties and promise her a night at a Waterpark hotel in the near future.

You really don't have to spend much to impress a 3-year-old (My DD3 asked Santa for a Birthday Cake!). Some of my cheaper ideas:

Go to the craft section and fill up a box. Get colored paper, scissors, paint, glue, glitter, pom-poms, beads, pipestem cleaners, googly eyes, etc. Maybe even some craft kits. I haven't met a kid who doesn't like making a (messy) project! If she really likes art, maybe she would like an easel or her own table or desk. (getting pricer there)

Get a sled, boots, snow pants - then take her out to use them.

My kids are getting playdoh. There are some really neat sets out there, we got these http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2264867 and http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10083439&sourceid=1500000000000003260420&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10083439

Go to the craft section and fill up a box. Get colored paper, scissors, paint, glue, glitter, pom-poms, beads, pipestem cleaners, googly eyes, etc.

One of the best gifts my son got was when my sister did this only she cleaned out all of her old craft stuff and put it in a box for him. That was a couple years ago and they still break it out every now and again!