Really proud of my kids

ms_mckenna

This really is Christmas related lol. My kids have a pretty hefty spending budget for Christmas they know it. We do holidays big but they do not get stuff constantly through the year. Anyway my best friend and her hubby both just lost their jobs. They already have other jobs but it is still going to really screw with their kids Christmas because they just moved etc and budget was already pretty blown before the bump in the road. :(

I told her we would love to help and had planned to give the girls ( 5 and about to be 3) a small Christmas. Well my kids found out about it and offered up a good chunk of their Christmas budgets to buy the three kids there is also a 17 year old son Christmas. I am so proud! I always think of my kids as selfish for the most part and I LOVE it when they prove me wrong! The cool thing is that DH has already gotten them 4 wheelers which they know nothing about and it was in addition to their other Christmas. So now I really feel like they deserve them! :D

You have amazing kids!! I, too, do not buy my kids a lot through the year and spoil thme at Christmas. I think they appreciate the holidays more that way. Apparently you are doing something right!!

Good news is at least w. your friend's 3 and 5 year old they are happy with almost anything and don't usually have big Christmas expectations. The 17 year old is old enough to understand and probably wishes he could help out. You guys are great for helping take some of the burden off that family. I wish great things for you all in the New Year!!