Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My BF Experience" Thread

Brad

A long time ago I had an issue with something that was broken (VCR/DVD player) and could not get a hold of them to help me. I ended up having to dispute the charges on the credit card. So since then I boycotted them. Finding their phone number was almost impossible. Though this all might have changed over the years.

sandy

I did all of my BF shopping online this year. Got some very good deals. But there has been one bad experience this year. I had ordered WowWee 8065 Roboreptile on buy.com on BF. I got the order confirmation mail same day. Today I got a shocker email that they cannot fulfill my order..!!! How bad is that??!!

Has anyone had similar experiences with buy.com? How did you deal with them? Any suggestions?

I would have stood in front of her and literally let out a yell, like from a horror movie :gdyelling: She would have been too afraid to stick around hehehehe

Believe me, I can scare the crap out of anyone ;) Sorry that happened to you.

I would have, but she was at least in her late 60's and even though it was rude, I didn't want to stoop to her level. There was nothing important in the buggy I couldn't go back and get. I actually went back to pick up a few of the items and decided not to get them as they seemed really "cheaply made". Now if she hadn't been ederly, it might have been a different story!!!!

when i checked out the black Friday Km art ad they had a confusing ad for Hannah Montana houses . I called the 1-880-to clarify and then my local store . They both told me the Malibu House was 29.99 . My local Km art told me they would not be put out until morning. Well with the recession I went out to get the house with my husband. We get there and wait over an hour to get into the store. We get in they have no houses try to sell me a room for the 29.99. Tell me sorry we sold the houses yesterday.

I call the 1-880 number when I get home was told a manager would call me back by the end of the day. no calls I called yesterday the manager told me to bad we are not doing anything about it. We do not have to have things in stock we advertise. Km art has done this way to many times. Usually it is for something small and no I am not up waiting in line at 4:30. I called my attorney Generals office. They told me to file a complaint with the ad. The true problem is not many people file complaints so it is hard for them to go after them for these practices of bait and Switch.

So If it has happened to you call your local office for the Attorney General they will send you a packet to fill out and send in.

Next year go to Wal-Mart they will comp any compettors ad. All accept Wal-Mart.com, I tried to comp something on line and the store told me no. Better luck next year!!!!:)

I must say this has been the first time in 16 years of BF that I have so little out of pocket. Thanks to this website and several other sites I accumulated amazon.com gift cards, Target gc, lots of Walgreen rebates, Register Rewards, Extra Care Bucks, etc. So this year I spent $100 out of pocket on BF and this is what I got.

XBOX 360 Pro Bundle

3 XBOX games (BF sale but reg. $59.99)

4 DVDs

Wii Game (something PArty)

9mp Kodak Camera

GPS

Fusion Carbon Skateboard

Fisher Price toy for toddler

$50 Visa gift card for MIL

I was also able to get lots of stuff at CVS and Walgreen's that was free after rebates or other store rewards and as of today I have just over $100 to spend between the two stores before Christmas. This year has been so excited because I was able to save so much. I was also able to a lot of Christmas presents last year after Christmas during the Target clearance.

Thanks so much for a wonderful site and all the information received. I hope to coupon, rebate, survey, bzz, like crazy until next year and hope I have to spend even less out of pocket.

WOW Way to go!

Stick around for the rest of the year and put more money in your pocket!

I must say this has been the first time in 16 years of BF that I have so little out of pocket. Thanks to this website and several other sites I accumulated amazon.com gift cards, Target gc, lots of Walgreen rebates, Register Rewards, Extra Care Bucks, etc. So this year I spent $100 out of pocket on BF and this is what I got.

XBOX 360 Pro Bundle

3 XBOX games (BF sale but reg. $59.99)

4 DVDs

Wii Game (something PArty)

9mp Kodak Camera

GPS

Fusion Carbon Skateboard

Fisher Price toy for toddler

$50 Visa gift card for MIL

I was also able to get lots of stuff at CVS and Walgreen's that was free after rebates or other store rewards and as of today I have just over $100 to spend between the two stores before Christmas. This year has been so excited because I was able to save so much. I was also able to a lot of Christmas presents last year after Christmas during the Target clearance.

Thanks so much for a wonderful site and all the information received. I hope to coupon, rebate, survey, bzz, like crazy until next year and hope I have to spend even less out of pocket.

Man! BF was hectic!

Went to TRU and got the DS Bundle, Color Wonder Magic Brush Set, a RypStick, the Skate Ramp, 2- 1G MP3 players, The RC Heli Attack Pack and a Jungle Fury Megazord.

Then went to Target and picked up another RypStick for about $30.00 cheaper, a pair of earrings for my DD and Christmas vacation and Polar Express DVD.

DW went to AC Moore for her craft stuff. I went to Kmart and got 2- 2G MP3 players for about 2.00 more than what I paid for the 1g and some stuff for Disney trip.

Went back to TRU and returned the Rypstick and MP3 players and got my $$ back and then some.

Went to breakfast.

Went to Kohl's, DW shopped for herself for the trip. I picked up the Luggage Bundle DB, a few DS games for DS & a Pair of Diamond Earrings for DW.

first wal-mart i went to was packed... but got everything i wanted! Then i went to target and the line wrapped all the way around the store, so i just went over to another wal-mart and price matched what i wanted! And got the dvd's that weren't at the other wal-mart that i wanted! Wasn't too hectic, but it was definitely crowded.

went to walmart and got the emerson tv that was on sale. was completely insane where i was at, and it turned out the tv wouldnt work for what i wanted so i ended up returning it anyway.

then went to circuit city and picked up the world of warcraft game for 15 dollars for a friend, and some dvds that were on sale.

last, i hit up target and grabbed a couple more dvds for cheap.