Ok, how do you carry everything you want? Need tips...

ohitsunshine

This year I am going it alone, so that leaves my 2 hands and that is it. I refuse to try to use a cart, and I am sure baskets will be gone. I was thinking about bringing a big cloth Publix bag but then I was thinking what if they assume I am shoplifting?? Any ideas or past experiences?

And I am not going for anything big, but will be trying to balance some smaller items. But info for everyone and their issues would be appreciated!

The bags are a fabulous idea. Also, use a long strap purse and put it over your head and 1 shoulder. That way you don't have to worry about it falling off your shoulder or being snatched either. Only take what you absolutely need...$$$, ID, credit cards...etc.

Happy Shopping!

The bags are a fabulous idea. Also, use a long strap purse and put it over your head and 1 shoulder. That way you don't have to worry about it falling off your shoulder or being snatched either. Only take what you absolutely need...$$$, ID, credit cards...etc.

Happy Shopping!

I'm thinking credit card in the back pocket and thats about it! I wish my husband was off work to help!!

I had the same thoughts about the stores thinking I'm shoplifting if I use a bag, but unless you leave the store you cannot be questioned. I'm trying to avoid the aching arms from holding all of my stuff. The line in Kohls is ususally so long that once I have everything I need, the line is to the back of the store where I am. I just stack all my stuff on the floor and kick it along to the register.

This year I am going it alone, so that leaves my 2 hands and that is it. I refuse to try to use a cart, and I am sure baskets will be gone. I was thinking about bringing a big cloth Publix bag but then I was thinking what if they assume I am shoplifting?? Any ideas or past experiences?

And I am not going for anything big, but will be trying to balance some smaller items. But info for everyone and their issues would be appreciated!

Since I go for DVDs and smaller things while the rest of my group goes for bigger things I've decided that this year I'm bring along a 'green' reuseable tote - the ones you use instead of plastic bags. I've heard a lot of people use them so they don't have to look for a basket and it's more flexible.

Since I go for DVDs and smaller things while the rest of my group goes for bigger things I've decided that this year I'm bring along a 'green' reuseable tote - the ones you use instead of plastic bags. I've heard a lot of people use them so they don't have to look for a basket and it's more flexible.

Yep, thats exactly what this is. The bag you buy at the store- they are darned good size!

i take my backpack...had 1 person once tell me I wasnt allowed it in store...Said its my purse he said sorry take it to car I said OK then I am going to customer service desk and asking for assisted shopping(most stores have a tiny sign up saying *please tell us if you need help*) and Jason dear I am requesting YOU to be my pack mule. He said "well just let the greeter check on your way out" and away he went LOL

considering that some purses anymore are bigger then backpacks and alot of moms carry diaper bags I dont see why a large purse/bag/pack would be any different. truly if they want to put a little smile sticker on every dang thing in my purse fine...All i carry is binder and small wallet w/ necessities in it so not a big issue with me

i have always wanted to put like the most obscure things in my bag just in the off chance that the greeter does look...Just want to be able to tell grandma "you never know when you may need them" to a pair of furry handcuffs :P

I carry a special "key-chain" wallet for my id and any money I need, and can fit that in my front pocket when shopping. No purse, unless you absolutely need to. If you are not carrying a purse, you are less likely to have someone try to grab it,etc... The only other thing I would carry especially during holiday season shopping is extra tissues in a pocket, just in case the restrooms are out of toilet paper (which they usually are when you need it).

Good luck!

I carry a special "key-chain" wallet for my id and any money I need, and can fit that in my front pocket when shopping. No purse, unless you absolutely need to. If you are not carrying a purse, you are less likely to have someone try to grab it,etc... The only other thing I would carry especially during holiday season shopping is extra tissues in a pocket, just in case the restrooms are out of toilet paper (which they usually are when you need it).

Good luck!

Haha, great advice that I would never have thought of!

Didn't some stores once give out big clear plastic bags? Can't remember which one but I know I've seen this, cos I thought, hey, how come mine didn't have those? LOL. Anyway, I always do BF alone, & I've learned how to balance carrying a lot of stuff. This year though there are some big things I need at WM, so I'm going to try to find some kind of clear bag - if not, I'll just take one of our reusable shopping bags & make sure I'm being open about the fact that I'm putting everything into it.

Purse-wise, I've never gone without...living so close to NYC, I have several messenger bag-style things with long straps that go across my chest - I've found they're the only way to go!

I take my cell phone to stay in contact with my daughter who is in one line getting stuff and a credit card, id and keys. leave the rest in the car. The lighter the better. I like the green bag idea. Carts are too big unless I need it to get big items, but they are hard to get around the store with all the people. Be nice.

Hah, I remember one year at a Wal-Mart where the toys were immediately next to electronics, and all the doorbusters were in their respective departments - there was such a traffic jam of carts NO ONE could move for a solid minute...many, myself included, were forced to just abandon their carts. I must say, I wish more stores had the Old Navy/Kohl's-style bags to put stuff in while shopping!

Get a strong male friend to tag along. I go with friends every year for that reason (as they buy me lunch, a 6 pack of beer or a small gift) to be their pack mule for the morning. I usually just get one item (GPS last year) so it's no big deal for me.

I had two female friends who did the all nighter thing one year and I would roll in at 4am and jump line (they told everyone I was just hired muscle while in line all night and was NOT going to take their doorbuster)

It's not too hard to get a guy to be a pack mule just bat your eyes, say please a lot and bribe him with beer or food. LOL

I have debated seriously taking my 4 month old with me, I go back and forth. I am starting at a mall that opens at midnight. I want his stroller with me (I have a double) and he'll most likely sleep... but he would definately be in the way at stores like WalMart etc... and don't want to mess with dropping him off between the mall and those stores. I do have a big open mesh bag (like a beach bag) so you can see everything in it... perhaps I will take it. I hadn't thought of that before. They are BIG I use them to take my shipping to the post office from eBay.

I'm thinking credit card in the back pocket and thats about it! I wish my husband was off work to help!!

please please do not put in back pocket .. to easy for them to grab it .. put it in the front pocket or in your bra lol happy and safe shopping ..

I have debated seriously taking my 4 month old with me, I go back and forth. I am starting at a mall that opens at midnight. I want his stroller with me (I have a double) and he'll most likely sleep... but he would definately be in the way at stores like WalMart etc... and don't want to mess with dropping him off between the mall and those stores. I do have a big open mesh bag (like a beach bag) so you can see everything in it... perhaps I will take it. I hadn't thought of that before. They are BIG I use them to take my shipping to the post office from eBay.

Last year i took my son who is now 18 mos with me he was around 7 mos or so? But let me tell you FROM EXPERINCE i even had my mom with me to help watch him and if you are wanting anything good or need a particular item (in other words your not just going to browse and take you time) you don't need to take the baby its scary to them even though they do sleep most of the time there is germs galore and mean,rude pushy people who could care less that you have a baby.Its also cold especially in outlet malls where the doors a practically open the whole time. From MOM 2 MOM i would'nt recomend it for your babys sake.:D But hey the stroller is still a good idea just minus the baby;)

Last year i took my son who is now 18 mos with me he was around 7 mos or so? But let me tell you FROM EXPERINCE i even had my mom with me to help watch him and if you are wanting anything good or need a particular item (in other words your not just going to browse and take you time) you don't need to take the baby its scary to them even though they do sleep most of the time there is germs galore and mean,rude pushy people who could care less that you have a baby.Its also cold especially in outlet malls where the doors a practically open the whole time. From MOM 2 MOM i would'nt recomend it for your babys sake.:D But hey the stroller is still a good idea just minus the baby;)

My main concern is that he is breastfed and it is hard on both of us to be away for that reason... But, he is getting better at sleeping at night and a lot of my time away will be his sleeping time anyways. I am leaning towards not taking him too... Thanks for your tips. It will be just me, so no help when he poops, is hungry, cries, etc... :eyepoppin

I use a crossbody purse and for carrying purchases at places where I know I won't get a buggy (that would be Kohls, because I never can get one!), I have this rolling milk crate thingee that I got from Staples. The rest of the year I use it to carry papers, etc back adn forth from school, but on Black Friday, it is my goodie cart! My sister in law and I work as a team, grab a few things and then we get in line and take turns going back and forth getting everything we need! Still takes us an hour to check out!