Anyone Else Annoyed at all the Publicity BF is getting this year?

Mugglemom

It seems like every year there are more and more commercials out there. I liked it when BF was not for the average Joe and you really had to do your research. It seems like those days are slipping away. More and more sales start early, preview this come see that. I'm really mad because it opens the door for more people out there and less deals for us.

What really set me off was a commercial for Walmart where they say "Why shop anywhere else, make us your one stop shop. We will price match any competitors ad, just bring it in." That is going to bring in even MORE people to fight with. :gdgirlfight3ol:

Thoughts?

I don't feel I am part of an exclusive "deals for us " group....if the deal I would like is meant to be it will be......I look at BF ad's and search here for deals before they are on tv that doesn't mean someone who happens to catch an ad on tv or in print shouldn't be able to get that deal...

I don't feel I am part of an exclusive "deals for us " group....if the deal I would like is meant to be it will be......I look at BF ad's and search here for deals before they are on tv that doesn't mean someone who happens to catch an ad on tv or in print shouldn't be able to get that deal...

I guess my point is that due to the overwhelming ad campaigns this year, I think there will be a lot of BF shoppers that might not usually go out and shop. I certainly don't think that I am the only one entitled to these deals. I simply meant that now EVERYONE knows just by watching TV. Whereas in many years past, you had to have an inside scoop and really do your research.

I guess my point is that due to the overwhelming ad campaigns this year, I think there will be a lot of BF shoppers that might not usually go out and shop. I certainly don't think that I am the only one entitled to these deals. I simply meant that now EVERYONE knows just by watching TV. Whereas in many years past, you had to have an inside scoop and really do your research.

I understand where you are coming from. I used to work retail years ago, and while it was always bad the day after Thanksgiving, it was nothing like it is now. I think a lot of the store's hype of black Friday this year has to do with the economy, and sales being slow, they are trying to get the knowledge out there for everyone to know..."come see us, it's going to be amazing...bring us your money...." That said, I read a interesting article the other day, they did a poll of 1,000 people that said they knew what 'Black Friday' was, and asked them if they would be shopping that day, only 22% said that they would. It makes me wonder... even with the hype if it's really going to be that much worse. I hope not...

What does it matter? From what most people have said the last 2 months, the BF deals are disappointin anyway. Right? Right? :P

Let the common folk have the Black Friday deals and you can get better deals online, all year long :D

Yes, I love the headlines: "Will Black Friday save retail this year?"

Answer: NO. The deals aren't as good. Even though there will be plenty of people out there on BF, that doesn't mean that they will be buying. Anyone plan on spending more (or even the same) as last year?

Remember - even a small decline of say, 3% in sales year-over-year is catastrophic in the retail industry.

What really set me off was a commercial for Walmart where they say "Why shop anywhere else, make us your one stop shop. We will price match any competitors ad, just bring it in." That is going to bring in even MORE people to fight with. :gdgirlfight3ol:

Thoughts?

I don't mind a bigger crowd, I actually enjoy it.......yeah I'm weird lol. BUT what does tick me off is that walmart has that commercial about matching any ads etc but they don't mention that they will pull alot of the stuff off of the shelves before the sale even starts.:mad:

They are pumping it up but I don't think its going to be as bad this year as last year. I have been doing this for years now and to me one indicator is the traffic in all the various BF forums seems A LOT slower to me this year vs years past. I remember laptop threads would be soooo long by now and this site would be crashing from the traffic over load by this time. I could be wrong but maybe Brad will tell us if there has been less traffic this year. I know it sure looks like there is at other sites.

And it seems that, this year anyway, many more stores are actually open on Thanksgiving, not just K-mart...almost like you're going to eventually have to decide which day you want to shop on, or whether you want to do both...I love BF, but I don't think I could handle TWO days in a row like that!