Sears does not take manufacturer coupons

mistereman1

Did anyone else know this was a Sears policy? I didn't but here is the story of how I found out about this:

Went to Sears this morning to get the norelco shaver for $29.99 because I also had a manufacturer's coupon to get $5 off also. Altogether this would have been a great deal because my older shaver is getting dull and the price on the new shaver is much less than a set of new blades.

So, I got to the store @ 0730 and the place was deserted, there were probably less than 8 cars in the parking lot. Went inside and they had plenty of the shavers. got to the check out and they would not take my coupon. They said, "Sears only takes our own coupons,:gdparanoid: from our own ads". I said 'Thank you very little', left the shaver at the check out, grabbed my coupon and left.

On the way home I stopped at the Walmart I had to drive by on my way to get to Sears . I showed them the Sears ad, they instantly price matched it and then accepted my coupon without any hassle or questions. The Walmart people were :) smiling :) the whole time and thanked me for allowing them to do me the favor!!! Two opposite extremes in customer service. I guess that explains why Sears is on the ropes and Walmart dominates retail in the USA:rwb:.

I should have just gone to Walmart in the first place and you can be sure that is what I will do in the future!!

Did anyone else know this was a Sears policy? I didn't but here is the story of how I found out about this:

Went to Sears this morning to get the norelco shaver for $29.99 because I also had a manufacturer's coupon to get $5 off also. Altogether this would have been a great deal because my older shaver is getting dull and the price on the new shaver is much less than a set of new blades.

So, I got to the store @ 0730 and the place was deserted, there were probably less than 8 cars in the parking lot. Went inside and they had plenty of the shavers. got to the check out and they would not take my coupon. They said, "Sears only takes our own coupons,:gdparanoid: from our own ads". I said 'Thank you very little', left the shaver at the check out, grabbed my coupon and left.

On the way home I stopped at the Walmart I had to drive by on my way to get to Sears . I showed them the Sears ad, they instantly price matched it and then accepted my coupon without any hassle or questions. The Walmart people were :) smiling :) the whole time and thanked me for allowing them to do me the favor!!! Two opposite extremes in customer service. I guess that explains why Sears is on the ropes and Walmart dominates retail in the USA:rwb:.

I should have just gone to Walmart in the first place and you can be sure that is what I will do in the future!!

It is a shame that Sears doesn't take coupons. But your experience at Walmart is not one I've ever had. Here the employees are nasty and unpleasant. I have never yet had a positive experience going to one of their stores. They are always disorganized, dirty, dark and the employees act like they are doing you a favor helping you. And that is if you can find one on the sales floor. Sears is generally clean around here, though their customer service is abysmal.

My walmart employees are friendly enough, they just don't get trained in product areas. SO the person working in automotive might not know where the oil goes in the car or what the weights of the oils mean.... And while the young woman in the electronics area is willing to get whatever game you want out of the cabinet and can ring it up, don't ask her if its a good game or if she has a better suggestion.

I don't know, maybe it's because I am in Texas and folks here generally seem to be bit more respectful of others. Now don't get me wrong, not all Texans are like that and I'm not even from Texas originally, but I have lived in several places all across the USA and things are definitely different in this state. I have only lived here since 2006 and I am really glad I made the move to the DFW area.

They have a saying here for non-native Texans and it goes like this; I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could:yup:!

I think K-Mart takes coupons don't they :confused:

They are owned by the same company iirc

Kmart does take coupons, but they are a "discount" store where Sears is a "department" store. Just like Penneys, Kohls, etc. do not take coupons.

I've never been able to price match at Walmart. As soon as they spot an advertised sell, all of the products mysteriously disappear from the shelves.

I've never been able to price match at Walmart. As soon as they spot an advertised sell, all of the products mysteriously disappear from the shelves.

I walked into Walmart with about six flyers yesterday. Most of the items I planned to price match had already been marked down about a penny below the competitor's sale price. Those that weren't marked down I had no problem getting a price matche. The cashier was very friendly. I saved a bundle between price matching and using coupons for those items. The cashier said they usually drop their price as soon as they find out a competitor is cheaper.

I'm not surprised Sears doesn't accept manufacturer coupons. They don't seem like the type of store that would.