stocking stuffer ideas

kardomr

Depends on the age. My boys are 5 and 7 so they get character socks and underwear as a standard. Then I also usually try to do bath stuff like crayons and foam. I try to find little things like rubber balls and pencils. Just depends on the child. My stepdaughter is 16 and I usually do a piece of jewelry and fuzzy socks. Perfume and lip gloss is always good for her as well.

ds 9 and ds 5, will get a cane of playdoh from target last yr lol also a diego one and spongebob .then they also get little things like bubbles. i will pick up some circus penuts they are my fav so hubby puts them in mine every yr and then the kids eat them on me . so this yr they are getting there own. its kinda a family thing lol i might pick up some cards like pokemon if there is a good deal or yuhgio, ds 9 i might get him a cd he is starting ot get into music. or a dvd. they also like stickers and crayons. crafty things.

ds well he will not have much under tree as his gifts were ery high in price. so the one thing he is getting is the ipod touch. and they always go for the stocking last . so i might put his in there with a cpl little things.

i think it def depends on the child and his or her likes, dvds fit in my dd stocking, nail polish, hand held games, crayons, i like to alo get the mini candy bars and wrap them in dollar bills and throw in there too

I love the dollar bill candy bar wrapper!! I think I have to try this. Using leftover Halloween chocolate bars, of course!;)

My kids always get a toothbrush and I always fill the bottom of the stocking with peanuts in the shell when we were kids it was always fruit and we never ate it so I fill them with peanuts because I know they will eat them!:) Also for the older boys 12 & 13 I buy them packs of gum, altoids, jerky things they dont get on a regulat basis.

I love doing stockings and try to make them different each year. Since a few of mine are married now I am giving the married couples combined stockings. One set is getting a breakfast themed one (everything from bisquick, to coffee) and the other set is getting a movie themed one (Cheap dvds, popcorn soda etc and a pizza certificate) My DD21 has recently started a junior church at our church. I just ordered her a bunch of bible song visuals, and a few story visuals. The probably wont fit in the stocking so I will hook the stocking to a gift bag. I also want to get her some Gain detergent. She loves the smell but it is too expensive to buy regularly. DS17 will get an mp3 player, some video games, and a few other things. DD5 has one of those huge stockings so I am trying to find larger items to fill it that are not expensive.

I always fill the bottom of the stocking with peanuts in the shell when we were kids it was always fruit and we never ate it so I fill them with peanuts because I know they will eat them!:)

that's too funny! as kids, we always had an orange in the toe of our stocking. we had to eat it before my parents would come down. clever, huh? picking the slowest fruit! but, i don't remember minding. it was part of our xmas.

I always put a toothbrush in each kids stocking. They also each get several gifts cards. Just small ones. Usually like $5.00 McDonalds, $5.00 Chuck E Cheese, $10.00 movies, $5.00 dollar store...

They love going shopping with their own "credit cards".

My DD will get a new pair of gold earrings. I get her a new pair every year. I usually add one DVD and one DS game to each, and the last two years they have each gotten a Webkinz. They will each get another one this year.

I fill the huge stockings too. SO I am sure I will need to buy more to fill them up.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get those little boxed puzzles, it is something they can do if you are making them wait. Small books-I started putting their stockings outside their bedroom and one gift is a book for them to look at/read while they are waiting for us to come around. You can get small lego sets for $3.50 on the website or $5 in the store (a bit bigger). I have done the bath stuff, crayons, etc too. Someone gave my young son a small toiletries bag filled with free stuff from the plane-ear plugs, face mask, lotion mints and a tiny deodorant- he Loved it- called it his "freshening kit". Go figure.

For older kids/people, scratch off lottery tickets are usually fun.

Small flashlights, unique pens (I found a pen with a flashlight on the end one year, or the kind with 5 colors), cute fridge magnets, army guys, matchbox cars, deck of cards, magic tricks, dice, keychains, rubik's cube (? did that make a comeback?) When my kids were a bit smaller they liked paddleballs (does Spongebob play that??) Stickers, small notebooks, sticky pads, temp tattoos, chapstick, fun bandaids (let them put on as many as they want- little kids love that). Hair ribbons/barrettes, stick on earrings. Glitter glue, face powder/compact, disappearing milk baby bottles for dolls/bears (boys like these too!). Night light. Special cup for water at night/by the bed. Journal (my brother and I liked these when we were tweens and my youngest has liked them at least since he was 4--spiral bound stays open better). Small photo frame (a picture of just you and the child is nice to add).

My kids get fruit (orange, banana, or apple depending on their tastes), toothbrushes, toothpaste, (both character type of course), my favorite find last year was AVON paintable body soap. It comes in a roll on type dispenser. My kids loved it so much the Easter Bunny brought it to them too! Sometimes there is money, always some gum, have done stickers and pencils from the dollar store. Oh and there is always a hotwheels car somewhere in the mix.

Stockings are fun but I have to watch how much I spend. Dd is way too easy to buy for. She is kinda girly so loves to get stuff from Bath and Body Works ( I bought up a bunch of American Girl stuff when they were selling it off), nail polish, art supplies. I usually catch most itmes on sale during the year. Ds 12 is a bit harder but a Napster Card makes him happy, though it doesn't fill the stocking. He may also get a pack of cards or small rubix cube or such that he likes. In the past he has gotten hotwheels or small model planes. We don't buy much candy anymore....maybe a bag of kisses to split between the family or Christmas pez.