Best Buy Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

Does anyone actually prefer to go to walmart on black friday? The whole dash-n-grab scene is uncivilized, undignified, and disrespectful.

Heck, I cant go to Walmart throughout the remainder of the year, much less on BF! :eyepoppin

We have some really strange people that shop in our Walmarts here, at least the ones closest to me. One of my closest Walmarts is in a bad area and the other is so dirty and small with terrible parking that I would never go there. Combine with the fact that all of our Walmarts seem to have the rudest, most miserable workers Ive ever met, I havent stepped foot into a Walmart in about 2 years and wont start now!

ya but man is it a rush. i cant say i prefer it, but it is fun.

I use to think that to till I got ran over by one too manu shopping carts! :mad: Then if you have something someone really REALLY wants, they will try and take out out of your cart. I only deal with Black Friday at stores that have good deals AND give out tickets now! My ankles could not take any more!! :D

I use to think that to till I got ran over by one too manu shopping carts! :mad: Then if you have something someone really REALLY wants, they will try and take out out of your cart. I only deal with Black Friday at stores that have good deals AND give out tickets now! My ankles could not take any more!! :D

Dang, I would have thought you would know that football gear and ankle braces were a requirement for BF shoppers, lol.:eyepoppin

I am thinking about buying the 19" Dynex lcd hdtv. The add says a limited number and no rain checks. Can I buy before BF and then do a price adjustment? Does Best Buy do this like Target and Sears?

I would go to your Best Buy on Wednesday and ask. I noticed my local Best Buys will put up a sign by Wednesday saying if the customer service desk will be open or not during the doorbuster hours.

But the general answer is no, Best Buy will not do price adjustments or matches on BF.

Further, they might not even put out the TV until Friday.

I would go to your Best Buy on Wednesday and ask. I noticed my local Best Buys will put up a sign by Wednesday saying if the customer service desk will be open or not during the doorbuster hours.

But the general answer is no, Best Buy will not do price adjustments or matches on BF.

Further, they might not even put out the TV until Friday.

This isn't a Door Buster but I guess if the customer service desk isn't open at all then it won't work. I will have to find out.

I am thinking about buying the 19" Dynex lcd hdtv. The add says a limited number and no rain checks. Can I buy before BF and then do a price adjustment? Does Best Buy do this like Target and Sears?

Dynex is considered a throw-away brand. The quality is poor and in the long run it will cost you more than others. There is a Sharp for $349, 22", I would higly recommend going for the better one now that will last for a number of years, or you could get on line again in a year or 2 to replace the Dynex with another low quality tv. Check the reviews on Dynex. You will see what I am saying. Also ther were people talking about how bad the Dynex blamk dvds were that they instead used them as frisbees. Another one I would stay away from is Element, the Circuit City brand. Stay with Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba, and for the lower quality but something decent there is always Sylvania. There are a few other good ones but I would stay away from no name brands. Even Best Best employees have refered to it as a throw away that can not be fixed if it breaks and will recommend others. That is not just a way to get you to buy a more expensive one but it is the truth.

Does anyone actually prefer to go to walmart on black friday?

I know I have mentioned it on here before but closest Wally World near me is run down, very few employees speak English, the parking lot is filled with day labourers (Home Depot next door). They finally put a port a pottie in the parking lot to prevent the "waste" in the parking lot.

I know I have mentioned it on here before but closest Wally World near me is run down, very few employees speak English, the parking lot is filled with day labourers (Home Depot next door). They finally put a port a pottie in the parking lot to prevent the "waste" in the parking lot.

I usually stick to Best Buy, Staples, and possibly Circuit City, and few tools at Sears. My wife likes dragging me to Walmart though for the toys. If I had my choice I would stay right at the main shopping area where have all the major retailers except Home Depot and Walmart.

Dynex is considered a throw-away brand. The quality is poor and in the long run it will cost you more than others. There is a Sharp for $349, 22", I would higly recommend going for the better one now that will last for a number of years, or you could get on line again in a year or 2 to replace the Dynex with another low quality tv. Check the reviews on Dynex. You will see what I am saying. Also ther were people talking about how bad the Dynex blamk dvds were that they instead used them as frisbees. Another one I would stay away from is Element, the Circuit City brand. Stay with Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba, and for the lower quality but something decent there is always Sylvania. There are a few other good ones but I would stay away from no name brands. Even Best Best employees have refered to it as a throw away that can not be fixed if it breaks and will recommend others. That is not just a way to get you to buy a more expensive one but it is the truth.

Thanks for the advice. Dh will kill me if the tv doesn't last very long. I know this was an off brand but thought it would be ok since the reviews on the tv were good. Hardly any deals on the 19" tvs. Would Magnavox be considered a better brand? I don't want to pay over $300.

Thanks for the advice. Dh will kill me if the tv doesn't last very long. I know this was an off brand but thought it would be ok since the reviews on the tv were good. Hardly any deals on the 19" tvs. Would Magnavox be considered a better brand? I don't want to pay over $300.

I have 3 Vizio LCD TVs of sizes that vary from 22" to 42" and have purchased them at various times over the last year. Excellent quality and reliability. (examine the floor models for yourself for picture quality) The last one I purchased was a few weeks ago, Vizio 22" for $299 regular price at Costco.

I bought the 19" Dynex for my camper last spring. Bought the extended warranty since I knew it would be seeing some vibration. So far, no issues. Picture is great when we are closer to bigger cities and actually get reception. Otherwise we use it for a PS2 to either play games or watch DVDs. It was a nice upgrade from the 15" CRT we had before. I have it mounted directly to one of the cabinet doors.

So for this application it was fine. I would consider buying another for the kids room - although probably a 22".

Definitely look at the Vizio.

It's harder for something that small - the "median" size is 32, so you'll always see sales on that. It's like laptops - the sales are always on 15.4" screens, and I was eyeing a 17" forever, with just no deals.

Magnavox is pretty good. Not familar with Vizio so I'll have to just listen to their opinions on it which sounds like it's a good tv. With electronics I usually try to stay with proven brands that have a good reputation and will stand behind their product.

You might want to check out the Westinghouse 26-inch reg. $449 for $299 on BF at Target. I already bought it and, although some might question Westinghouse as a TV brand, I've heard and seen nothing but great things about it. The guy at Target says it's their best-selling TV, even at $449. Sure to be gone by dawn on BF.

For extra reassurance that it will last, you can get the 3-year extended warranty for $29.

i hope this ad is fake, i wont the best buy vip thing and that is awsome, but i'd like to be able to use my winnings on four door busters that make me remember them for ever lol. The way the ad reads, my 1,000 wont go far...i'm hoping for a 200 laptop (remember that a couple of years ago) or a 200 lcd tv (like 24in) good desktop for 250 or so would be good to!

Does anyone have either the Sony S350 or the Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray Player? I need opinions / information on either from someone who owns either of them. Both are in the Black Friday Ad. I hope to buy the player online if possible.

I am looking to get one (there are movies I want in Blu Ray form, but I don't have a Blu Ray player yet) now that the price is going down slightly.

Does anyone have either the Sony S350 or the Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray Player? I need opinions / information on either from someone who owns either of them. Both are in the Black Friday Ad. I hope to buy the player online if possible.

I am looking to get one (there are movies I want in Blu Ray form, but I don't have a Blu Ray player yet) now that the price is going down slightly.

I quite familiar with the Blu-Ray format so I'll field this one. I don't know much for Sony S350 except for the following: The Sony S350 is a profile 2.0 player (available view firmware update) (profile 2.0 enables the bd-live feature which allows your player to connect to the internet to download extra content for a movie that supports this feature. In addition this player will both decode and bitstream Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD but it will only bitsream DTS HD HR amd DTS HD MA. The player has 2.0 channel rca outputs and supports full 7.1 sound output via hdmi. As for whether or not there is specific playback issues or not I do not know.

As for the BD-P1500 it's basically the same as the s350, specs wise. As for whether it's a good player I shall refer you to this 90+ page owner's thread, here, http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1029955

Now don't let that thread scare I've read a good portion of it and the general consensus is that it's a great player however some argue it has heating issues (which directly effect playback), but those can be resolved by placing a simple laptop cooler underneath the player. others complain that with new releases they don't play so well in this player. Well I can say you either have to wait for a firmware update to fix the playback issue, or go with the better assumption and assume you have a bad disc and just need to simply replace it.

If you still need more information I recommend you poke around www.avsforum.com

That website is nothing but tech and you should have no troubles find info about both players on that site.

If you have any further questions or want to know where you can get the best deals on movies, don't be afraid to ask or PM me.

EDIT - I want to add that if you become dead set on getting a BD-P1500 I recommend you go with amazon.com over the B&M stores because after tax and (generally) free shipping you're getting that player cheaper online then in stores. Albeit the savings aren't much but you do beat the crowds that way.

Also I assume you are on a budget, but I recommend you check out both the Customer Votes promotion on amazon.com and you check the PS3 (considered by many one of the best all around blu-ray players) (which is conveniently a part of Amazon's Customer Votes promotion and if you participate you may have a chance to get a PS3 for $200, :shock:)

Edited by DaFees

i hope this ad is fake, i wont the best buy vip thing and that is awsome, but i'd like to be able to use my winnings on four door busters that make me remember them for ever lol. The way the ad reads, my 1,000 wont go far...i'm hoping for a 200 laptop (remember that a couple of years ago) or a 200 lcd tv (like 24in) good desktop for 250 or so would be good to!

If those are the items you want I can tell you what is rumored and what items I would recommend. There will be a $229.98 Toshiba laptop. I'm not completely sure but there will prob be a $199 eMachines desktop (rumored from past BB ads), if not the $299 eMachines is looking excellent. The $299 is a small profile desktop (10.7"X5.4"X15" I believe), much smaller than a full size (usually 16"X7X16 approx.) It has 18.4" monitor rather than the 15" I expect the $199 system to have. Probably more RAM and HD space as well. Even if they have the $199 I am probably still going to get the $29 system. Also I would look at the 42" Samsung for $499 or the 22" Sharp for $349. Pretty easy to help you with that. Those are the items I am planning to get as well. Only differences I have to stand in line for over 20 hours to get mine, lol. Congrats again on winning!!

If those are the items you want I can tell you what is rumored and what items I would recommend. There will be a $229.98 Toshiba laptop. I'm not completely sure but there will prob be a $199 eMachines desktop (rumored from past BB ads), if not the $299 eMachines is looking excellent.

How do you come across the rumors, if I can ask?

The Vizio and Westinghouse are solid brands from my experience. Friend got a Dynex and it lasted 8 months. I would say get the Dynex for the guest room as it won't be used often.

back on topic here I guess I just found out I am going to BB as my friend called me and has decided to go there. My question is he has a budget of $100 for himself (got laid off a few months ago) what would you recommend he get?