Black Friday Binders??? How do you stay organized on Black Friday?

jarerice

My binder,

the indexs of where the ads are in the book, my gift giving lists,

the ads as they come off gotta deal then replaced with the actual ads

envelopes for the reciepts

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010004.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010003-1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010002-1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010001-1.jpg

I would be lost with out my book, My kids know that is sacred and they dare not look in it, I also buy two sets of ads, You would not believe how many people I have helped because at a finger tip I could tell them a price or where to find it.

Wow! I'm in awe. You're my hero!:g_clap:

Ok, you are awesome. I'm so showing my dh this binder He'll roll his eyes:rolleyes: and then he'll be clippin coupons and stuffing it with the ads ROFLOL I also usually also carry extra ads to give away to people who are looking lost. Do you use a big bag to carry the binder around? So glad dd had an organized teacher last year and we have extra binders. :)

As the lists come out I print them off here till the actual circulars come out.

My daughter Tif, she takes my printing paper and seperates them into the stores in which "Santa" has to go to get certain items. She either will write in marker or clip and paste the item to the papers as they come out. Makes it a bit easier.

WOW, these are such great ideas! I just grabbed the ads of the places I wanted to go to and put them in order of the places I was going to. That was my organization process! I'm a lot more organized when it comes to coupons though!!! That is such a great idea though, might have to copy off of those above!

That binder is a great idea, but I wont carry the whole thing in. When I get to a store Ill take out the ad and then replace it after im done. This is also great to look back on the next yr. Thanks. When I go to a store I dont mess with a cart and I have things in my hands arms under chin and yes sometimes in mouth. eeew (I know):tongue1: .I dont have enough rm for a binder.

That binder is a great idea, but I wont carry the whole thing in. When I get to a store Ill take out the ad and then replace it after im done. This is also great to look back on the next yr. Thanks. When I go to a store I dont mess with a cart and I have things in my hands arms under chin and yes sometimes in mouth. eeew (I know):tongue1: .I dont have enough rm for a binder.

I could see where the binder may hinder some of you, When I am out BF I am like a coach and this is my play book, I have all last years ads that I can look back onm, I have removed them from the book, I just threw out all BF information and prior tools that I used from 2004 through 2007. I guess I am anal about how I do things, This may not work for every one but I would be lost with out it.

Edited by Illinoismom

I thought I was organized until I read all these posts. You guys are the pro's. I create a list in order by store according to the times for sales to end. I know exactly which store I'm going to first and second and so on. I carry the store ad with me with items highlighted in the ad. I usually don't carry the papers for the stores that we don't have in our area but I will this year after reading all of this. I never thought to price match with stores that were 30 or so miles away. What a great idea. Happy shopping all!

So I was so in awe of the binder I went to WM a few minutes ago and got some divider tabs (already had a binder) and some paper. I have put the kids list on one, the gift list on one, and then the stores I plan on shopping at....thanks for such a great idea!!!! My family thought I was crazy last year with my notebook, wait till they hear about this :D

I've always put my ads in order of shopping and had my notebook with lists and my spreadsheets (especially for movies/games). But by the end of they day they always end up on the floor of the car in a big mess.

This year while shopping at CVS when they had school supplies at 90% off I spotted a red binder that zipped shut and my first thought was "that would be great to use on BF" so I grabbed it.

Wow and my family thought I was overly prepared. And the only thing I do is make a spreadsheet of everyone I have to buy for and how much to spend on each. Then I circle all the things I hope to get in the ads. I carry the ad and spreadsheet to each store, only for it all eventually to end up on my floor board by the end of the day. I will definitely try the binder this year. My family will think I've gone nuts.

Love the binder idea because when you drop the ads....it's a mess!!

I write my list in order of store on graph paper. I also have a list of who I'm buying for and items desired. I also have a budget amount and stick to it. On their Xmas lists, I have general idea of pricing so I can check for 'deals' that are unexpected.

I do lots of price matching so I couldn't cut the ads out...No way.

On my graph paper under Walmart for example, I list items I plan to price match; what store I'm PMing and the price so I know what to grab before 5am and then can easily show the cashier at check out.

I'm going to 3 hole punch and put ads in binder this year. Love it. Thanks.

Trish

I use a flexible binder, not the hard backed ones so i can stick it in my purse if I need to grab with both hands.:D