Black Friday Binders??? How do you stay organized on Black Friday?

jarerice

I have a bag that I only use on BF; it has a clear pocket on one side and a deep inside. On the clear pocket size I put my sales flyers which I have stapled (that way when you are trying to whip through one you don't lose any of those pages) and a list of what I want from which store. Inside the bag I keep extra copies of flyers along with my chocolate, drink and money.

I dont get anywhere near that organized LOL I keep my shopping list on my iPhone and I take just the ads with me that have things that I want, sometimes I circle or star the items. But, I just shop until everything from the ads that I take with me is done and I'm done. :)

I have a spiral notebook with a list of what I want from each store which i put into a folder with all my ads.

Me too. I write everything in my spiral notebook. I have xmas lists already made out and a list of all the stuff I have already bought in this notebook too. I just tuck the ads in my notebook. Last year I wasn't near as organized as I am this year. We just bounced around from store to store. But this year I will have a plan of which stores I am going to and go in order!

Since I rarely want more than a few items from each ad, I prefer not to carry around the entire store ad, even if it's stapled together.

Last year, I cut out and taped the items from each ad that I wanted to look for onto sheets in a spiral notebook, with the name of the store and any time info needed (like opening and end of early bird specials). My mom laughed at me, and I'll agree it did remind me of something I'd do as a little kid when I didn't have any paper dolls to play with- LOL- but it was very nice to have everything from a particular store on a minimal number of pages, with pictures so I'd know exactly what to look for! And on the rare chance that two things I wanted were back-to-back in the ad, I printed one of them off of the ad scans here! :)

When I got to a store, I tore out that store's pages so I wouldn't have as much to carry. I also wrote the page # from the ad beside each pic, so if I had to get an associate to help, I could grab a regular ad and show them what I'm looking for (they seem to recognize it better in the actual ad than on my paper). Then on the way out the door, I stuck the pages in the bag with my purchases, to compare at home (or in case I wanted to stop by again later in the day).

All in all, it was a little time-consuming, but worth it enough that I'll probably do it again this year! :D

my sil did the cut out the pics and paste them on her list...worked great for her EXCEPT when she wanted to price-match at Walmart cause one store ran out of her item...she needed my intact ad to get the pm (I know some of you have stores that aren't that 'anal' about it, but here it depends on who you get); they insisted on having the store name at the top, dates and times, etc on the ad all right there

I use a 3 ring binder, i three hole punch the ads and organize them in the order of how i'm going to visit each store.

This is what I do. I also make a list what what I want to buy and what store it's at. I use a 3 hole punch for all of the ads and the binder goes with me everywhere. I also mark things that I may be able price match.

This is what I do. I also make a list what what I want to buy and what store it's at. I use a 3 hole punch for all of the ads and the binder goes with me everywhere. I also mark things that I may be able price match.

ooohhh, I'm so unorganized. I may have to try this - thanks!

I use my pda for all Black Friday info. I have a spreadsheet of gift lists, from that I'll peruse the ads until I figure out where I'm getting what. From that I'll create a new Handyshopper list that's organized by store, in the order of their opening time, and if I happen to have the information, I'll put the aisle number that the item is in (This works GREAT at Meijers!). I also enter the page number of the ad for each item and the cost.

I keep paper copies of each ad in the car, stapled together in the order of stores I'll be visiting. I just rip each one off as I get ready to go into that store in case there's a question about how much something is. This works ok, but I don't pricematch. If I did, I could see where I'd have to have some kind of binder...maybe with those clear plastic sheet holder things so I could pull the ad out.

wow you guys are good, I could never carry that stuff around with me.

Normally I have 2-3 stores on my must shop list, I do keep a list that I type out of each persons wish list and I have the ads which end up folded in my purse.

I would be so annoyed with carrying a binder, I can hardly stand my purse.

My binder,

the indexs of where the ads are in the book, my gift giving lists,

the ads as they come off gotta deal then replaced with the actual ads

envelopes for the reciepts

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010004.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010003-1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010002-1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010001-1.jpg

I would be lost with out my book, My kids know that is sacred and they dare not look in it, I also buy two sets of ads, You would not believe how many people I have helped because at a finger tip I could tell them a price or where to find it.

Edited by Illinoismom

My binder,

the indexs of where the ads are in the book, my gift giving lists,

the ads as they come off gotta deal then replaced with the actual ads

envelopes for the reciepts

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010004.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010003-1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010002-1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/th_p1010001-1.jpg

I would be lost with out my book, My kids know that is sacred and they dare not look in it, I also buy two sets of ads, You would not believe how many people I have helped because at a finger tip I could tell them a price or where to find it.

That is seriously organized! Do you carry a big tote with you to keep it in or do you keep it in your cart as you shop?

I just have one big list w/stores in order of visit plus all the stuff I need to pick up there. I usually bring the ad in my purse. The rest of the ads stay in the car.

Since I rarely want more than a few items from each ad, I prefer not to carry around the entire store ad, even if it's stapled together.

Last year, I cut out and taped the items from each ad that I wanted to look for onto sheets in a spiral notebook, with the name of the store and any time info needed (like opening and end of early bird specials). My mom laughed at me, and I'll agree it did remind me of something I'd do as a little kid when I didn't have any paper dolls to play with- LOL- but it was very nice to have everything from a particular store on a minimal number of pages, with pictures so I'd know exactly what to look for! And on the rare chance that two things I wanted were back-to-back in the ad, I printed one of them off of the ad scans here! :)

When I got to a store, I tore out that store's pages so I wouldn't have as much to carry. I also wrote the page # from the ad beside each pic, so if I had to get an associate to help, I could grab a regular ad and show them what I'm looking for (they seem to recognize it better in the actual ad than on my paper). Then on the way out the door, I stuck the pages in the bag with my purchases, to compare at home (or in case I wanted to stop by again later in the day).

All in all, it was a little time-consuming, but worth it enough that I'll probably do it again this year! :D

That is seriously organized! Do you carry a big tote with you to keep it in or do you keep it in your cart as you shop?

I just have one big list w/stores in order of visit plus all the stuff I need to pick up there. I usually bring the ad in my purse. The rest of the ads stay in the car.

Just the Binder goes in the store

my sil did the cut out the pics and paste them on her list...worked great for her EXCEPT when she wanted to price-match at Walmart cause one store ran out of her item...she needed my intact ad to get the pm (I know some of you have stores that aren't that 'anal' about it, but here it depends on who you get); they insisted on having the store name at the top, dates and times, etc on the ad all right there

I can see where that could be a problem, but... the only stores I price match with at Walmart are ones we don't have (or only have a very small one) in the area where I'll be shopping- like Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. They're close enough to PM with (about 30 miles away) but I'm not ABOUT to try to fight the huge, crazy crowds to get there! LOL So those ads that I know I'll be PMing with, I don't cut apart-- but I thin it out when possible, keeping just the outside cover pages and the pages with the items I want to PM, all of it stapled together of course. If it's more than one or two places in the ad(s), I slap a sticky note by it in the ad.