I tried to buy an item that was no sell!

hannahs_momma

As an employee, I see it from another point of view. We are obligated by our suppliers and/or home office to prevent the sale of special buys and street dated items. And no one has the authority to override the register when items scan as "do not sell". This is for everyone's benefit... it may be on recall, or there may be a penalty for breaking the street date such as a monetary fine or limited to no future shipments of the item.

As a customer, I would expect the store to sell me something if it was already on the shelf. Stores NEED to be removing existing items from the sales floor if they're supposed to be held back. Customers are much more understanding if there isn't any out, and if asked, it should be politely explained why, and when it will be available again.

Either way, if the sale wasn't blocked by the register, you should have been allowed to buy it.

I fought this and won and bought the GH game pack a few weeks back for the 50.00 price!

I'm glad you did! Our video game suppliers are supposed to mark the shipping container with street dates or event codes if they aren't intended for immediate display. In contrast to movies and music, most games are NOT street dated, so it usually assumed that if it's not labeled, it can be sold upon arrival.

Well what happened was funny as the video game guy I call him the video game guy I guess he is a supplier or something had no idea what the deal or pack was and the manager of the store came over and keyed? it in for me and I walked out a happy customer.

They should have never put them out. The manager himself actually said i had some computer up the other day and it rang up the same thing hmmm he said I don't know why (lol I think alot of managers have no idea what is going on in the store half the time)

Hmmm, so I'm worried now and a little confused. I went last night and bought 2 Leapsters at the regular $49.xx price hoping to price adjust on BF. Is it possible that the SKUs will be different on the BF Leapsters and I won't get the adjustment?

Hmmm, so I'm worried now and a little confused. I went last night and bought 2 Leapsters at the regular $49.xx price hoping to price adjust on BF. Is it possible that the SKUs will be different on the BF Leapsters and I won't get the adjustment?

yep not 100% but there will be a chance of that. In the past it has happened w/ CPK dolls. The box that was BF had a red bow and the ones on shelf before hand were a different color so they were "different"