anyone get one of those reward zone member invites for this Sunday ??

sdigman6

Do they only let people in that got an invite? That doesn't make sense, so do they not advertise on the items what the sale is for those invited? So how would we know? Does anyone know how this works? :confused:

I think it's after the store closes, and only people with the invite are supposed to be let in. I don't know if you have to show the invite or if your rewards card will do because I have never gone. You do get extra reward card points when they have these sales.

I just signed into my rewards zone account and the special event is not being held near my zip code. :eek: They didn't list what cities are having this event. I got "uninvited" because I live in the wrong zip code.

ahhh i never read it .. i got it in the mail i think i threw it out .. i did not know it was after it closes and i did not know i needed it . im gonna have to go look and see if i did throw it or saved it with all my papers now ll grrrrr

ahhh i never read it .. i got it in the mail i think i threw it out .. i did not know it was after it closes and i did not know i needed it . im gonna have to go look and see if i did throw it or saved it with all my papers now ll grrrrr

You can log into your rewards account and print it off, save you some aggravation :) Also, if it goes cheaper in the next 30 days, they will price adjust.

I am not planning on attending mine, even though I got an invite. I haven't printed off my invitation yet. Does anyone know if we can somehow give these away to others in our area by email? If anyone wants mine, I live in the Flint, MI area and my certificate is good for Flint, Saginaw and Midland. PM me and I'll try to send it to you via email.

I went. They had someone going around offering drinks, and snacks. I did not win one of the gc:(

I did find out that the price of The Police blu ray I ordered online this morning is incorrect. I paid $34.99/w free shipping and it is $5.00 cheaper. They had the DVDs and the regular cds out but no blu rays. The guy helping me could not understand why. Of course I had to point out that they are not actually supposed to be on sale until Tuesday. The cashier also offered me the new Hancock blu ray that comes out on 11/20. DH was there so I could not buy it since he does not know he is getting a bu ray for Xmas:D

I got to actually see the Toshiba laptop for $499 that I ordered this morning also. I would have waited until I went tonight but I was afraid they would be sold out. It was a nice laptop and will be perfect for DD10 and should last her for several years (I hope)

Everyone was very nice and it was not very crowded.

ok hung out all night did not win a gc.. waaaaaaaaaa .. i was # 50 to get the charger for free. got it.

they gave out 5 gc and well two were not claimed as the people must have left. i walked out side saw a pile of tickets so i looked to see if they were the winners nope.

i did not go for any sale just the points

ipod touch paid 83.00

car stero with speakers for my sons 1st car cd player and can plug the ipd in 99.99

kung fu twin pack 15.99

kung fu ds game. 19.99

so not to bad. i had coupons and gift cards that is why it was so cheep.

now they were giving out wii work out tickets to get it.

they had alot of wii systems

like i said tho i was not really looking for anything just the ipod the rest were last min things lol

My dh won a gc!!! He didn't even want to go. I offered to give my invite to someone if they wanted it, but no takers, so we went. We didn't get the free charger, but ended up getting a Wii Fit $89.99, an HDMI DVD player $59.99, the HDMI cables to go with it were $84.99 (I about died!!), but the sales man sold them to us for $49.99 since we bought 2, and we signed up with our local cable company to get an HD digital box and we got a $50.00 rebate for doing it at BB. So all in all, not a bad trip. Oh, I also bought ink for my printer and I used to be able to get free paper up to $9.99 for using my rewards card, but the people in the ink dept said this is no longer going on. I took the paper with me to the register anyways and asked the girl ringing us up and she said she wasn't sure, so she gave it to me free!! My dh was amazed. Sometimes I think he just floats through life without paying attention!! LOL

My dh won a gc!!! He didn't even want to go. I offered to give my invite to someone if they wanted it, but no takers, so we went. We didn't get the free charger, but ended up getting a Wii Fit $89.99, an HDMI DVD player $59.99, the HDMI cables to go with it were $84.99 (I about died!!), but the sales man sold them to us for $49.99 since we bought 2, and we signed up with our local cable company to get an HD digital box and we got a $50.00 rebate for doing it at BB. So all in all, not a bad trip. Oh, I also bought ink for my printer and I used to be able to get free paper up to $9.99 for using my rewards card, but the people in the ink dept said this is no longer going on. I took the paper with me to the register anyways and asked the girl ringing us up and she said she wasn't sure, so she gave it to me free!! My dh was amazed. Sometimes I think he just floats through life without paying attention!! LOL

I would seriously consider returning the HDMI cables, you can get them online for $5 dollars from site slike monoprice dot com, and because HDMI is digital you cannot really have good or bad quality. Cables at BestBuy and such are very overpriced, with markups of 700% not uncommon. When I worked there, the discount was what BestBuy paid for the item + 5%...$100 monster cables were under $10 on discount.

I went last night too. Didn't win a gift card or get a charger. :(

I was disappointed with the event though. I couldn't figure out what was better about buying it last night as opposed to, say, today? Yeah, it was nice that the store wasn't crowded and people were available to answer questions. We didn't buy anything. I had high hopes for that event but I'm not sure it brought in the revenues the store was hoping for.

I would seriously consider returning the HDMI cables, you can get them online for $5 dollars from site slike monoprice dot com, and because HDMI is digital you cannot really have good or bad quality. Cables at BestBuy and such are very overpriced, with markups of 700% not uncommon. When I worked there, the discount was what BestBuy paid for the item + 5%...$100 monster cables were under $10 on discount.

I agree - the first HDMI cable I bought over 2 years ago was $79 (3 foot length). I bought a 6 foot cable last week on line for $4. The cable are all manufactrued to standards. Its crazy to buy a Monster brand for example when a generic is just fine.

an HDMI DVD player $59.99, the HDMI cables to go with it were $84.99 (I about died!!), but the sales man sold them to us for $49.99 since we bought 2,

Like the others have said, return them!! Heck I think Walmart sells them much cheaper. The cables are the way BB makes money! I had a friend work there and (like other posters said) their markup is HUGE!! Buy them online for every cheaper! My DH works for the cable company and we got the cheapy cables online (don't remember the sites but I can check with him) and they are just fine! He tells everyone not to buy them from BB, not any better.