Circuit City's stock is at 26 cents... does that mean good bf deals?

BigSlama912

It could mean that CC will be closed in the next month or so. Sony has always stopped shipments to CC.

Sony Trucks Literally Turn Around to Stop Circuit City Shipments

http://gizmodo.com/5072782/sony-trucks-literally-turn-around-to-stop-circuit-city-shipments

I know that Circuit City is really hurting right now and their stock just closed at 26 cents... could this mean amazing going out of business BF sales?

What do you think?

----------------

Now playing: Staind - Save Me

via FoxyTunes

On one side I'm worried because Circuit City is where I intend to be on BF (unless I can win that Best Buy VIP ;) ;) ).

On the other hand, I can't help but hope they have a great liquidation sale and I can snag a laptop before BF even rolls around. Then I can use my BF to wait in line at Toys R Us...

BF could likely be CC's last gasp. The ads were finalized months ago likely, so the current stock price doesn't mean much as far as the ad contents. Just enjoy their deals this year, because next year, it could mean one less electronics store for good BF deals. We lost CompUSA last year and now CC could be next...

If we lose CC it could be bad for BF next year. It means that BB does not have competition and they can sell stuff at any price.

BF could likely be CC's last gasp. The ads were finalized months ago likely, so the current stock price doesn't mean much as far as the ad contents. Just enjoy their deals this year, because next year, it could mean one less electronics store for good BF deals. We lost CompUSA last year and now CC could be next...

Not really. WM focuses on appliances, toys and other items. You might see some competition in TV sales but for the past 3 to 4 years BB has run over all of the stores you listed and CC in electronic sales.

BB main competitor is CC and in some markets CompUSA and Frys.

Wouldn't BB still see competition from places like Walmart, Sams, Costco, etc?

Or is that competition not as serious or really no competition at all? Just curious.

Guest CS.Dean

What about the rumor earlier this year that Blockbuster was showing interest in buying CC?

I know it was only published once or twice. That would make for an interesting buyer for CC

As much as I hate to say it, they are killing themselves. Their customer support is terrible, their only checkout line is rarely staffed, and of course the employees huddle in little bunches and will ignore you if you ask them a question or will simply say "I'm busy" with a glare.

The Apple Store and Best Buy have to be two of the best staffed places in the world. The Genius Bar is awesome for free tech help and great customer support, and in both the Apple Store and Best Buy, you can't move from section to section without being asked "Do you need help with anything?"

Things aren't looking too good this season for CC! I actually went to one about two months ago for a car DVD player and they were out-of-stock. I looked around and they were actually with alot of things. I haven't been back there, since I only go there as a last resort these days.

What about the rumor earlier this year that Blockbuster was showing interest in buying CC?

I know it was only published once or twice. That would make for an interesting buyer for CC

Blockbuster kicked the tires & sniffed around, but ran away, I guess they didn't like the books & what they saw. They dropped their plans to buy them back in July or August. I'm wondering if they'll make it to Christmas & I think they will have a lot of company in the bankruptcy court this winter.

Guest CS.Dean
I believe someone will step in when bankruptcy sets in and scoop them up for little or nothing. They have a lot of stores and I guess there distribution system. There management is worse than bad. To bad they could not figure it out how to run a company.

I agree with MysticMage, they did it to themselves. Their customer service is terrible, the employees don't know anything and god forbid if you have to get something fixed under warranty. You will fight with them for months. It's the same thing that happened to Kmart, they forgot where their bread gets buttered. :yup:

Actually, The distribution center in Bethleham PA had a 40 foot sink hole show up in the loading dock area. The center had to be shut down while repairs are going on due to safety reasons. (like the sink hole getting bigger underneath the center itself!) Until a building inspector says the building is safe no shipments will be going to the North East portion of the country. That center services PA, NJ, MD, NY, MD and some of New England area. To re-open on Monday the 3rd. Go ahead and google the news.

Sony has not stopped sending merchandise EXCEPT to closing stores.

They are closing 150 stores though.

Edited by xandsfaith

The share price means little as far as deals go as the shorts (I was one of them) were beating it down. Lots of factors why CC failed but nobody wants to hear my financial opinion.

The Walmarts and other stores are not going to compete with BB as if you look at where the CC stores are located it's near a BB.

Your average shopper (not your typical gotta dealer) won't drive farther to save some bucks. Hence why BB can now raise some prices as the customer can't just walk across the street to get a cheaper price

Blockbuster kicked the tires & sniffed around, but ran away, I guess they didn't like the books & what they saw. They dropped their plans to buy them back in July or August. I'm wondering if they'll make it to Christmas & I think they will have a lot of company in the bankruptcy court this winter.

Blockbuster is having enough problems of their own. They are also closing stores.