Do you want to be a Black Friday VIP at Best Buy?

Brad

i guess i could tell you guys more lol.

I got a call around 1pm today, a lady said i had been chosen as a winner for the Dallas area. (thing is you have to live 40 miles or closer to the store for the hummer to pick you up, and i live 40.8 miles, so hopefully they will still ok the hummer, otherwise i'll stay at my moms and we'll get picked up there)

Anyway, she sent me an afidavate to fill out and fax back, saying i am who i am and that i'll allow them to use my likeness etc. you know, all that jazz.

She said around 2am on Friday morn they will pick us up and take us to the store (its an hour almost drive) where they will have a tailgate party for us with breakfast and champagne etc. I think they invite some from line to join, im assuming. Then were given a video camera to video our time as the winners, and when were done they take our camera and give us one unused, so they keep the film.

Then 30 min before they let us in, and each of my guests (my hubby 2 kids) each get a doorbuster ticket (as well as me) so we get 4 doorbusters, which means if i want 4 laptops, they are mine. 1,000 to play with.

Cool huh? My hubby bought a truck a few months ago and the rebate was a 500 gift card to best buy so we will have 1500 basically free dollars to doorbust with!

I am going to go to best buy Saturday and scope out stuff i want. I want a laptop or desktop, a tv for my son, GHWT for my son, a camera for mom, and lord knows what else.

We just bought a darn 42" plasma tv for our bedroom and our DLP 50" iss only 3 yrs old in the living room so we dont need big tv's but the kids could use some. I saw 19" plasma for under 200, but unsure if he will enjoy playing GHWT on a 19 inch!?

Sooooooooooooooooooooo im having a very good day!

Is this the Store in Plano or Allen?

I WON! I'm going to be going to the north central expressway in dallas, tx, they called today.

I have one day to get my affidavat signed and faxed back, hummer limo, tailgate party once there, breakfast then the little video camera and shopping baby!

I won in Los Angeles!!! I didn't actually talk to the lady, she left a message for me, so i didn't get all the info like the previous poster. But i did get the affadavit and immediately signed and got it notarized and sent it back in. There will definately be a new TV under the christmas tree for us this year.

Hey, L.A. and Dallas winners...congratulations! (Especially, you, L.A., I'm a USC grad, '98...fight on!) Would you guys/gals mind posting your entries if they're not too personal? I'd be really interested to see what they picked. Have big fun on Black Friday!

i guess i could tell you guys more lol.

I got a call around 1pm today, a lady said i had been chosen as a winner for the Dallas area. (thing is you have to live 40 miles or closer to the store for the hummer to pick you up, and i live 40.8 miles, so hopefully they will still ok the hummer, otherwise i'll stay at my moms and we'll get picked up there)

Anyway, she sent me an afidavate to fill out and fax back, saying i am who i am and that i'll allow them to use my likeness etc. you know, all that jazz.

She said around 2am on Friday morn they will pick us up and take us to the store (its an hour almost drive) where they will have a tailgate party for us with breakfast and champagne etc. I think they invite some from line to join, im assuming. Then were given a video camera to video our time as the winners, and when were done they take our camera and give us one unused, so they keep the film.

Then 30 min before they let us in, and each of my guests (my hubby 2 kids) each get a doorbuster ticket (as well as me) so we get 4 doorbusters, which means if i want 4 laptops, they are mine. 1,000 to play with.

Cool huh? My hubby bought a truck a few months ago and the rebate was a 500 gift card to best buy so we will have 1500 basically free dollars to doorbust with!

I am going to go to best buy Saturday and scope out stuff i want. I want a laptop or desktop, a tv for my son, GHWT for my son, a camera for mom, and lord knows what else.

We just bought a darn 42" plasma tv for our bedroom and our DLP 50" iss only 3 yrs old in the living room so we dont need big tv's but the kids could use some. I saw 19" plasma for under 200, but unsure if he will enjoy playing GHWT on a 19 inch!?

Sooooooooooooooooooooo im having a very good day!

Great deal. Glad to see at least of the winners are from this site :)

I think you might be incorrect about getting 4 of the same items for doorbusters. It states 1 per household. Even though you are a winner they would not allow something that unfair to all the others waiting on line when even the ad states there is a limit of 1 per household.

I won in Los Angeles!!! I didn't actually talk to the lady, she left a message for me, so i didn't get all the info like the previous poster. But i did get the affadavit and immediately signed and got it notarized and sent it back in. There will definately be a new TV under the christmas tree for us this year.

CONGRADULATIONS!!! Just don't stick your nose up at us who wait on the lines :eyepoppin lol

i won! I'm going to be going to the north central expressway in dallas, tx, they called today.

I have one day to get my affidavat signed and faxed back, hummer limo, tailgate party once there, breakfast then the little video camera and shopping baby!

no way!!! That is soooooo coool! Congrats.. Now i am just waiting for my phone to ring for the stl. Area!

That BB is by North Park Mall in Dallas. The ones in Plano and the new one in Allan is on Central as well.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=9378+n.+central+expressway+dallas&ie=UTF8&z=16&g=9378+n.+central+expressway+dallas&iwloc=addr

wow i dont know! it gave the address on the 9378 n. central expressway.... which is that? :) actually it was the only one i could find on that highway.

Hey, L.A. and Dallas winners...congratulations! (Especially, you, L.A., I'm a USC grad, '98...fight on!) Would you guys/gals mind posting your entries if they're not too personal? I'd be really interested to see what they picked. Have big fun on Black Friday!

i dont have a copy, and really iw as just playing with it one morning at 4am, i was however diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis of the neck, back, knees and shoulders and had beenfound to have 3 herniated discs, and what i did say was that my children and i spent that thanksgiving in a line for a black friday sale and we had soo much fun...we didnt get the stinking 200.00 laptop but we had a freaking blast (funny not so cold in texas lol, prob. not so much fun up north!)

i just stated at the end that im in a remission, in the fact im not in any real pain, and have been for a while, life is great, and i have much to be thankful for, and that that moment in time spending it "camping" at the store made me forget for just a moment that i was sick.

Great deal. Glad to see at least of the winners are from this site :)

I think you might be incorrect about getting 4 of the same items for doorbusters. It states 1 per household. Even though you are a winner they would not allow something that unfair to all the others waiting on line when even the ad states there is a limit of 1 per household.

you could be correct that we only get one laptop, but then we must get the pick of 4 seperate doorbusters, since we get 4 doorbuster tickets (one for each guest) Thats cool, not sure what i'd do with 4 laptops anyway LOL

you could be correct that we only get one laptop, but then we must get the pick of 4 seperate doorbusters, since we get 4 doorbuster tickets (one for each guest) Thats cool, not sure what i'd do with 4 laptops anyway LOL

Yes. From what I read it is 4 seperate doorbusters which is why even if I had won I would have to find a way to still get on the line with my friends who are getting the other items. Between the group of us that are going we are getting at least 4 laptops but we have at least 4 adults (they don'tl et kids get the tickets here).

As far asthe laptops, if you were able to get more, give the kids each one, lol. Each of my kids have their own computer. The youngest was 2 when he got his computer. Luckily I know how to repair them or it wouldn't be such a smart idea, lol. You'd be crazy not to get at least one of the laptops though. They are excellent. My 4 year old has the one I got last year.

Yes. From what I read it is 4 seperate doorbusters which is why even if I had won I would have to find a way to still get on the line with my friends who are getting the other items. Between the group of us that are going we are getting at least 4 laptops but we have at least 4 adults (they don'tl et kids get the tickets here).

As far asthe laptops, if you were able to get more, give the kids each one, lol. Each of my kids have their own computer. The youngest was 2 when he got his computer. Luckily I know how to repair them or it wouldn't be such a smart idea, lol. You'd be crazy not to get at least one of the laptops though. They are excellent. My 4 year old has the one I got last year.

my 12 yr old has been grounded from the computer for a month and still has a month to go, and its been the best thing i've ever done for him lol. He would sneak around to get on it, and stay on it all day if i let him...now he goes outside, so getting him his own pc, would be a fat no ! :)

my 12 yr old has been grounded from the computer for a month and still has a month to go, and its been the best thing i've ever done for him lol. He would sneak around to get on it, and stay on it all day if i let him...now he goes outside, so getting him his own pc, would be a fat no ! :)

Luckily my kids aren't too addicted. My oldest one is 10 and I have not even given her the password for her email account. For the most part the younger ones go onto Nick.com or NickJr.com and play some games. The 10 year old has already typed reports for school and e-mailed homework to her teacher, etc. Her class doesn't even get take home homework, the teacher gave them a link to get their homework and posts it each day. Everything now is computers. It's getting cold here now but I still make them go outside for an hour a day minimum. They enjoy going out though to play on the swings, trampoline, go-kart, bikes, etc. That's the one thing I love about the country rather than the city.:)

Sigh. I wrote a poem too, (below) but guess they wanted something sappy for Atlanta?

I remember clearly the first time our annual tradition begun;

It all started when I was eight, and now, I'm twenty-one.

The parade is over, the Cowboys are on, and mom has just finished stuffing the bird.

Atop the counter rests the day's paper, packed with so many ads it's absurd.

Doorbusters, earlybirds and savings galore,

Overwhelmed and overjoyed each page is something exciting to explore!

Sharpie and highlighter in hand, the spreadsheet begins to grow;

Technology and electronics first, then clothes followed by gifts we will soon bestow.

Arriving at store one, Redbull in hand,

For hours hundreds surround us – they understand.

It's early, you're irritable, and the frigid temps are never forgiving;

Some call it Black Friday, but it's better known as the day after Thanksgiving.

Sometimes it's not just about the shopping, but rather together watching the madness unfold;

I promote the day to all my friends as a one-time experience that everyone must behold.

Finally the doors swing open, the masses rush in – all bets are suddenly off.

Scurrying aisles like rats in a maze, the holiday season has officially kicked off.

Before the sun comes up, it's all over and you laugh at those just strolling in,

Bearing minor scratches and the credit cards maxed, there's still a satisfying feeling from within.

The morning was a success, and again amidst the elements we were able to persevere;

Unloading purchases I look to my sister and exclaim, "I can't wait until next year!"