Do you want to be a Black Friday VIP at Best Buy?

Brad

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Do-You-Want-Be-a/story.aspx?guid=%7B2E4B2A2A-B1D0-42A7-AC65-F75B4D0374CE%7D

MINNEAPOLIS, Oct 29, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Best Buy recognizes that for many families across the country, getting out early on the day after Thanksgiving is an important annual tradition. That's why the nation's leading consumer electronics retailer will celebrate the Black Friday tradition this year by recognizing 25 shoppers through their Black Friday VIP contest, launching today.

Best Buy is looking for consumers in 25 cities to share how Black Friday shopping is an important holiday tradition for them and their family, and what kinds of rituals they have to make the morning after Thanksgiving an enjoyable kick off to the holiday season. Consumers can submit stories on AskABlueShirt.net/blackfridayvip from October 29, 2008 -- November 18, 2008. One winner in each market will be notified by November 24.

"We know that for many of our customers, getting out early on the morning after Thanksgiving is about more than getting a great deal, it's a way to celebrate the start of the holiday season with friends and family," said Greg Johnson, senior vice president of marketing for Best Buy. "We do our best to make Black Friday a fun, festive time for our customers, including hundreds of hours of training to get ready for the day. This contest is another way we can recognize the importance of this tradition, and give some customers a truly special experience."

Major VIP Treatment for 25 Winners

One winner from each of the twenty-five eligible markets will win a $1,000 Best Buy Gift Card and full VIP treatment including: a limousine ride to and from the designated Best Buy store below, on-site pampering and prizes for the winner and up to three guests, early admittance into the store at 4:30 a.m., and the opportunity to purchase up to four doorbusters. Each winner will also receive a Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Series Camcorder to document the Black Friday VIP experience. Some limitations apply. Full contest rules are available on AskABlueShirt.net/blackfridayvip.

The list of stores is at the link above.

If you submit your story, be sure to mention GD in your pre-BF plans :)

It looks like more and more stores are going pro black friday this year.

They should! It's a major shopping day for many. Instead of whining and complaining about the crowds & the ads being leaked early, they should do things like this. Stores usually take every opportunity the can to capitalize on anything they can, so why not this? Black Friday has been around a long time, but has really went big in the past few years (lots of thanks to GottaDeal for that). I remember in 2004 getting to CC 15 minutes before they opened and there were only like 50 people ahead of us. Now at 15 minutes till the line is wrapped completely around the store. With the economy in the shape it's in retailers are realizing that they should work this day to their advantage instead of trying to fight it.

And of course, if any of you win one of these, tell us all about the experience on GottaDeal.com. :)

I'm going to submit, but I have a problem. I am in the New York City market, but I will be in Fort Worth for BF.

Note that they are doing this at locations likely to attract regional news coverage.

I dont think Brad got the press release from BB. You can get it off the net using different wire services. We post the press releases as a service to the community members so you guys can get the best deals and know about them first. For example I spend about 30 minutes each day looking though press releases looking for specials and such. It is a double standards but I hope BB will play nice this year. They always do good on BF because of the crap games and ads that WM and others do.

yea thats like a double standard or something, its okay for you to promote our offers but dont leak our ad....:tongue1:

I entered for the DC area. Hopefully I'm not more than 40 miles from their "designated store". This is the ONLY way I'd ever be able to get the doorbusters. I'm usually in line at 3 am which as you can guess puts me a ways from the door.

Good luck to all. Hope to read of someone here getting Best Buys "golden ticket".

What? You only get one ticket per person?!?! This is good for soft core people, but if I won I would still camp out with my kids (like I have for the past 5 years) arguing that my #1 place in line should allow me to get additional door busters... then I would use my 30 minutes to pick up the nonticketed items and ride my limo out in style. That is how the hard core, gottadeal.com shoppers do it!

And, before you ask, I do not sell my tickets or put my door busters on ebay. I Generally pick up one or two items for myself and then everyone else i like gets a good Christmas.

Best of luck to all! I'm within the area of Chicago. It only takes me about 20 minutes to get there. Lead foot and all! :D

Thanks Brad for letting us all know about this. I didn't see anything in any mailings from them about this. You are always one step ahead of the game!