Guitar Hero World Tour $99 ???

AaronOnline

I noticed for the "Day Before Sale" which is online only, they have the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle for $99.99 (about $90 off I believe) but here is my main question...

When I click the "add to cart" link and go through the process (although stopping before buying it) it says that price now... anyone know anything about this ?

Here is the link :

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05891891000P

Anyone purchase it already for that price ? Drop a line and let us know because, if so, I might be able to talk the warden into it even though we would prefer the Rock Band 2 bundle (which I hope goes on sale this BF)

Does anyone know if they'll be selling the drum kit, mic, etc. separately? We already have all the guitars, but we'd like to pick up some of the other parts a la carte...

I haven't seen anything yet, but I have a feeling the individual items may be intentionally delayed to boost the sales of the bundles. I could be wrong though.

Keep in mind that any USB microphone will do the trick. I use a PS3 headset myself so that I can play guitar and sing at the same time.

I'm a multi-tasker.

:)

There are three kinds of guitar hero world tour you can buy. You are probably looking at the guitar only bundle, which is $99 right now at sears. If you want the whole band set it is on sale for $190, and if you want just the game it is $49. Hope this helps! :)

My son wants this or rock band. We have guitar hero I II 80's I don't know how many is out now, I think we have them all but one maybe....anyway to my point. If we have the guitars, and Scott posted above that any microphone will do, then all I need is the game right? What all does the bundle come with. Thanks!

My son wants this or rock band. We have guitar hero I II 80's I don't know how many is out now, I think we have them all but one maybe....anyway to my point. If we have the guitars, and Scott posted above that any microphone will do, then all I need is the game right? What all does the bundle come with. Thanks!

lisa0477, yes Scott is right.

What comes in the bundle is the new wireless guitar, a mic, drums and the game. But it sounds like you have the PS2 version of Guitar Hero series, that bundle is not available yet, only the game is. That bundle is schedule to be out on Nov. 16 for $179.99.

I agree, the GHWT drumkit is kinda flimsy IMHO and just felt wrong to me in so many ways.

I rented GHWT a few days ago (since it works with all the Rock Band and RB2 peripherals) and, frankly, the music is great but the game itself is only so-so. Rock Band 2 is a much more complete and better game. Then again, I was never a die hard GH fan anyways so, if you are, you may prefer GHWT over RB/2.

Personally, I think I am just going to go for a RB2 drumkit and then order the 3 pack of cymbals from madcatz.com and have a field day with it all.

For you guitarists, might as well find a cheap deal on GHWT guitars or go for the RB2 wireless guitar controllers.

I apologize too for not realising the price and ad was for just the guitar bundle... my bad !

I would say to grab Rock Band (or even better, Rock Band 2)

I think all you are missing currently is Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and Guitar Hero World Tour.

For GHWT or Rock Band you should be all set (just have to buy either game) but, of course, if you want to play drums you need to pick up the drumkit.

I haven't seen anything yet, but I have a feeling the individual items may be intentionally delayed to boost the sales of the bundles. I could be wrong though.

Keep in mind that any USB microphone will do the trick. I use a PS3 headset myself so that I can play guitar and sing at the same time.

I'm a multi-tasker.

:)

Now you can say something like this without a follow up video lol

Ripn - Thanks for posting that matrix link. I have RB2 - the full kit - on my Xmas list because I play the drums and want the new kit and then also the madcatz cymbal add-ons that AaronOnline mentioned. My husband has GHWT on his Xmas list... he originally said to get him the game + guitar, but if the RB2 kit will be compatible on the PS3, then I only need to buy him the game, which means I should get to save $$$. :)