Does anyone else have relatives send money so they can black friday shop??

Tessangel

My parents live way up north and I live in South Florida, so I have her send me the money that she is wanting to spend and I go black friday shopping for my kids from her. It is so much cheaper then buying them up there and shipping them here. AND she hates black friday shopping!!!:eyepoppin I know I can't believe it either!!!

Anyone else have relatives do this??

My parents live way up north and I live in South Florida, so I have her send me the money that she is wanting to spend and I go black friday shopping for my kids from her. It is so much cheaper then buying them up there and shipping them here. AND she hates black friday shopping!!!:eyepoppin I know I can't believe it either!!!

Anyone else have relatives do this??

Maybe they just want to sleep on BF. Most sale Ads are national. Difference is sales taxes.

My parents when in Bolivia have, my in-laws in Nevada do too. They(in-laws) only see the kids once a year, so they don't know what to get. Plus it saves all that shipping. My other set of in-laws get a list and she knows that I can help her get better prices. She always says this is what we want to get where should I go get it??:D If it is a BF sale and I am going to be able to get her a better deal I will ad it to my list. Other relatives usually do some sort of gift card if they do anything.

I have a DS in Wisconsin this year. I told him I could get him more if I don't have to pay shipping. I have some money for Amazon that I will use. This board is great for Kohls free shipping codes, and other stores offer it as well sometimes.

no. BF is all about ME! You want to save the $, YOU stand in the cold. I am. But thats just beacuse if I ever did any shopping for family members, i'd never be payed back. OR if they gave me the $ previously and I didn't/couldnt get the doorbuster, I'd get yelled at. if my 90 yr old grandfather asked me to get him some things I would. But other than that nope nope nope other peoples shopping is not for me.

I haven't had anyone send/give me money ahead of time, but I generally know how much my siblings, SIL and parents are planning on spending on my boys. If I find a deal on something (BF or not) that one of the boys really wants but I don't plan on getting, I will pick it up and let one of them know I got a deal on "X" and if they want to give it to <insert kids name here> then they just need to give me the money for it. I've never had anyone turn me down as it makes things easier for them and the boys LOVE getting what they want. I've also place orders online where I needed a certain amount more for free shipping and ordered something extra knowing one of them will be more than happy to pay for it.

My parents have done that plenty of times. Especially when I worked at Sears, and got the employee discount on top of the BF sales and $10 cards.

The big thing my in-laws and I do is we split up, and I give them money (and vice versa) and we buy the things we need so we don't have to go to each store. With 5 of us split up, we get done with our shopping in less than an hour!